1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Very unfortunate..

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by TxDogger, Mar 26, 2008.

1. TxDogger

TxDogger Big Dog

My friend is having to cut down their yard because of some laws in our county that they and myself were not aware of.. and because stupid people can't keep their pets in their yards and on leashes the animal control was called to their house.. They were told that they had to get their yard down to five dogs which means they have about six that have to go.. I couldn't imagine having to go threw my yard and pick dogs that have to leave.. I wouldn't be able to.. Please keep them in your prayers.. Most of the dogs are grown dogs and I don't see anyone just taking the dogs for them.. Shame, I would if I had the room.. If it comes down to it I will post some of the dogs for them and see if anyone is interested in having one.. They have some really great dogs and I just don't see how they will decide who goes and stays.................It is crazy that we have to pay so much to buy homes and land and people can still tell us what we have to do with it and keep on it.......

2. Dtwo

Dtwo Big Dog

You know what really sucks? There are probably people in the same county with 13-14 beagles or coon hounds and they won't say a damn thing to them.

Seems like the only time they want to enforce number limits is when the dogs are pit bulls.

No, I couldn't imagine picking which ones stay and which ones go. . .that's why I moved. And while I was trying to sell my house, I had dogs placed and paid people to keep them for me.

3. TxDogger

TxDogger Big Dog

Im sure that the reason they are coming down so hard is because they are pitbulls.. The thing is right across town is a guy that is a known thief who steals everyone's dogs and resells them and he has about 12 dogs on his property right now.. He stole one of my very first dogs I got but when I went to the police they told me if I went on the property I would be the one arested.. It is crazy around here... If it is a pitbull the cops don't give a sh#T..I am working on changing this but with no luck so far..

4. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

Yea, local ordinances are usually pretty stupid and are only enforced when it suits them. In my township people can only have 5 animals -dogs or cats- on any property any size without a kennel license. But here's the kicker, in order to get a kennel license you need 2 acres for the first 5 dogs and another quarter acre for each additional animal. So if you want 5 dogs on a city lot that's fine but you can't have a license. And if you want 6 dogs you need 2 & 1/4 acres and a license. Crazy!!!

5. TxDogger

TxDogger Big Dog

Thats how it is here.. I have 30 acres and I am opening a boarding kennel but in order to get my license I had to send most of my dogs to my dads house until everything clears and then I can bring them home and no one can say a damn thing about it..

6. jman11

jman11 King of the Valley

the best looking!!!

on another note, best of luck to your friend

7. TxDogger

TxDogger Big Dog

Well actually I ment in a family sense they are just all around great.... Pretty.. awsome bred and good family dogs..........

8. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Just a reminder...

11. Do not post dogs to be farmed, given away, or anything thereof. You may post dogs that are facing euthanasia, abandonment, etc. as rescues if they are spayed or neutered, otherwise dogs\puppies may not change hands by means of this site.