1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Vacations

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Rojas, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Rojas

Rojas Big Dog

Im having to get rid of one of my dogs because i got the travelers itch, and with my 2 dogs that is nearly impossible, most people i know , i dont trust with my dogs or they dont want to watch my dogs, what do you guys do when you vacation/travel.

Ps. Im with this type of dogs 6yrs now, they can be more responsiblity than real human children lol

2. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Whats a vacation? lol

3. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

I don't vacation but I am the person who dog sits everyone else's dogs so THEY can go on vacation. lol

4. 1916

1916 Big Dog

I'm glad I have people that I can trust to care for the dogs when I trip out of town for a week or so. Fuck getting rid of my dogs so I can have a boring time with the kids in the car for several hours on end. I'd rather stay home with the dogs, at least they don't bitch like the wife.

5. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

at least they don't bitch like the wife lol One of the best things about dogs.

6. jacko

jacko CH Dog

i take mine with me , or if i can"t i have a good boarder close by which i use !

7. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

Vacations???!!!! I can count the number I've taken in the last 20 years on one hand and have a few fingers left over.

8. jacko

jacko CH Dog

come to think of it i haven"t had a proper break since 07, lol

9. northdogger

northdogger Big Dog

Got friends and family that looks after mine if im going somewhere. But thats a thing you should have thought of before you got yourself dogs. With dogs comes responsibility and sacrifices

10. mommy2kane

mommy2kane Big Dog

Some either come with, or we have a couple close friends with great boarding kennels (dog-savvy) that we completely trust to keep the dogs.

11. blackcloud

blackcloud Big Dog

That's the best answer you'll get, you have to think about these things before you get yourself involved with dogs!

12. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Not taking a vacation is my choice. I got kids that grew up with dogs. They can handle them and do a good job taking care of them if I need them to. I see enough stupid people going to town a couple of times a month so I prefer to stay on the farm.

13. bauer

bauer Top Dog

If i cant take them with me my sons take care of them....

14. ccourtcleve

ccourtcleve Big Dog

I couldn't imagine getting rid of a dog just to take a vacation. How bad can boarding rates be????

15. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Gotta love those kids raised with dogs. My son handles the crew when I'm stuck in hospital with my daughter. There is no one I trust more as he knows what's at stake....

16. jacko

jacko CH Dog

on the odd occasion that i have boarded my dogs it cost me £12 per dog per day, These are savvy people who put my dogs in issolation kennels away from the other dogs . saves any accidents and the extra cost of booster jabs..

17. Rojas

Rojas Big Dog

Thanks for your replies everyone, the thing is im making a life change for the better, i noticed my dogs although i do love them to death, have occupied most of my free time, to the point i do not have a social life, I am a single male with no commitment except with my dog , i would like to travel atleast twice a year abroad or in the states, with dogs this is nearly impossible, in Feb 2012 im traveling to South America for a month, i have someone to take care of one dog, but cant both of them. Its so hard to place these dogs, not many people dont qualify, im even willing to give one of my dogs for free, aslong as it goes to an only pet household, that way it will have the joy of being free roaming around a enclosed backyard, dont get me wrong i currently contain my dogs with chains, but only because i have to as you all do know these dogs cant be unatended and loose or theres trouble. Yea just ranting now lol.............

18. skratchr81

skratchr81 Big Dog

i just stay in the woods with my hound mostly, if i can help it anyway but if something happens and i HAVE to get out in the world my brother or one of my nephews doesnt mind looking after my rascals for a bit