1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Urgent: Can Someone Help This Boy

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by chinasmom, Apr 4, 2006.

1. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Do not reply to sender Please contact:

*Please contact Sarah B at: gaboxerlady@aol.com
    OR Sarah C at missyoumarilyn@aol.com if you can help.

This following email is NOT for the faint Hearted.

If you scroll down through this email, you will see pictures of a dog with no name. This dog was picked up some time ago and has lived in AC since. No warm dog beds, no stuffies, and NO one to love him. Tomorrow as we eat breakfast or get ready for work all that will end for "No Name". I doubt, besides a few kind souls, anyone has ever shown this animal a lick of kindness during his short time on earth. But when a friend and I came down to see this dog at Animal Control - he still offered many wags of his tail, a few kisses and a soft stare that pleaded with us both - Please take me home, I promise to be good.

If you do anything for this dog tonight, please pray for his savior to step forward. If you dont pray, then wish. At this point, its all we can ask for.
    His last night will be on a cold cement floor, and his end will be short with no comfort.

I don't understand why people don't fix their animals, or irresponsibly breed them constantly - this boy is the poster dog for that lifestyle. And he will STILL die without a name.

If you can help - please keep reading

Please cross post this e-mail! This gorgeous boy is at Savannah Animal Control. He is extremely well behaved and sweet and desperately need a place to go. Savannah AC usually won't release pit bulls from what I understand, so this boy must be extra special. If anyone can foster them or give them a forever home, Pit Bull Rescue Central will pay for their neuter surgeries.

This is the last attempt to get this guy out via email. Please post this everywhere. He looks intense in these pictures, but if you know APBT's this doesn't mean squat. All he wanted to do was hang out with us, and give some love when we met him briefly.

Please, last time for this guy - HE DIES TOMORROW. This boy is not only sweet, but Gorgeous and just underweight by a FEW pounds - he was loved!

Any questions, please call me night or day about him: 603- 233- 5236.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sarah Tirpak-Cogdill
    For the Love of Pits Rescue
    http://www.pbrc.net/dogpages/south/ftlopr17542.html
    www.UCARErescue.net

"Give a dog a bad name and hang him. The virtues of the dogs are his own, his vices, those of his master" Old English Proverb

FIGHT BSL or LIVE BSL without your dog!

2. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

[​IMG]Here is his pic!

3. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

[​IMG]Another one.

4. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

It wont let me see his pic. I would love to help, I would take another one, but I have a full house. I will pass this along though.

5. TruPitLver

TruPitLver Big Dog

I wish I could do something....:*(

I cried a lil as I read your post....

6. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

I haven't recieved an update, don't know if he was saved or not. Hoping so, He looked so sweet and in need of a loving owner.

7. Attila

Attila Guest

Some body get him and I will take him. There is no way I can drive that far today I could make it across TN or down Mississippi way. Tuesday sometime. Does this group have a rescue chain? I couldn't see the pictures. But that doesn't matter I can get him in health and find him a home in time. I have some empty kennels at the moment and don't plan on filling them for some time. You know I wish they would do the same for people in prision keep them a few weeks then put them to sleep. That would save us some real tax money.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2006
  8. Attila

Attila Guest

By the way I am in the center of Arkansas

9. prettyfulpitbull

prettyfulpitbull Bullylover06

Did he get rescued?Send his pic.Can he be transported to Ohio?

10. Why is the adoption fee so high $175.00 someone could go out and buy one with papers. Maby if there fees wasn,t so high they could get some of these dogs adopted. I dont know what it cost them to get the dogs spay or nuetered, but here you can get it done for $35.00

Dont get me rong I completely support pit bull rescue. I just dont understand why it would cost so mutch to buy a dog instead of putting the dog down. My motto if you cant sell it lower the price.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2006
  11. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Sorry, but I have to say it. "If you can't sell it, lower the price" may work for used cars, but for dogs? IMO, if you can't sell it, don't breed it. An animal shelter is not selling a product; they're cleaning up after irresponsible people.

I had a stray Pit mix here Sunday night. We fed her a good meal, gave her a bath and collar, and kept her from probably getting hit by a car, but that was all we could do for her. A local rescue took her in Monday morning, no questions asked. Somebody is going to have to pay for that girl to get spayed, fed, brought up on her shots, cured of parasites, put on flea and heartworm preventative, not to mention any other hidden problems she may have. Compare that to the people at the gas station we found her at who were shooing her away because they didn't want to get involved, not to mention whatever owner she may have had prior to this.

Point is, rescues/shelters are in no way obligated to adopt out a dog for less than their cost, or make it so cheap that everybody can afford it. (Price of buying a dog is the tip of the iceberg. If someone can't afford less than $200, how are they going to afford their first vet visit? I remember spending over $300 when Loki broke out in bumps all over her body from a mystery bug bite/sting.) I feel that they have the right to make some money back, too, since they're doing a job that many don't even think or care about.

Anyway, rant off. Back to your regularly-scheduled program.