1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

URGENT! Black & White Female Pit/Lab mix

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by the_flamingo, Jun 12, 2006.

1. the_flamingo

the_flamingo Top Dog

URGENT! Black & White Female Pit/Lab mix

This may be choppy, but I'm copy/pasting this from another forum I posted it at I'll post the original dates I have it posted at the other forum.

6/9/06
    My mothere ex-husband e-mailed me about re-homing his Black and White female mix. He said he had until July 14th to find her a place to go. She is not spayed, he said that he gave her a 7 in 1 shot and her rabies himself. *sigh* Said that she show no aggression toward adults, not sure about children (don't have any), and shown some slight aggression with a beagle of his. (That he is apperently keeping, from what it looks like.) He is sending me pictures of her soon.

The legal limit here is 4 dogs, I have 3 right now and a 4th anytime. I normally only have 2, but I'm watching my mother pup while she does her paid internship (cruise ship chef). If anyone can help I'm in OKC, OK. PM and I'll give you my phone # and we can work something out. So far there is no possible way for me to keep her, so what I'm mainly needing is someone to be a foster parent for her. If I can get someone willing to help I'll have her spayed & vetted and assesed as to what her true temperment is. (Like I did when I took Mona in.) I'll update this thread with any new news and pictures later.

6/10/06
    Well I think I talked him into taking her getting her spayed and her shots. I recommended a low cost spay/neuter place and I think he is going to take her! [​IMG] He is getting me pictures tommarow so I will update this when I get them. [​IMG]

6/12/06
    Ok. Here is some of the pictures of her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really need someone to foster her. I asked Dave if we could keep her till she finds a place, and that was a firm no! If she isn't found a home by the 14th of July he will probally take her to the shelter & they PTS all "Pit bull & Pit Bull mixes". I think she looks mostly lab, but I'm sure they won't... If someone could PLEASE foster or adopter her. She seems to be a very happy go lucky girl. She is housetrained and doesn't jump fences. She is a bit of a digger, but as long as she is supervised properly that shouldn't be a problem. If someone wants her, please PM ME FOR EMAIL ADDRESS ***Edited by Marty***
    . He sent me a few more pictures too if someone wants them let me know.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2006
  2. semo

semo Top Dog

Re: URGENT! Black & White Female Pit/Lab mix

Back up for a good cause

3. the_flamingo

the_flamingo Top Dog

Bump for this girl. Haven't had any responses so far. ;)

4. pepper_mommy

pepper_mommy Big Dog

if you can ship her to me somehow here in GA i can foster her for a few months. but if she is funny around my 2 year old she will have to go somewhere else. if she is good with kids, my mom's ex is looking for a dog.

5. pepper_mommy

pepper_mommy Big Dog

how old is she?

6. the_flamingo

the_flamingo Top Dog

She is 2 years old.

I really don't know how she is with kids, she may be an overexcited girl. I doubt she's trained well and don't know how to get her to GA. He told me she is a sweet girl and is a giant lap dog. I don't want to send her there then have to pay to send her back. :/

I recommended him to a few shelters that don't imediatly put down pit bulls. He may take her to one of those. There is a few that do, but I think that most don't.

7. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

what about callng her a lab/pointer mix?

8. the_flamingo

the_flamingo Top Dog

That is a good idea! I'll forward it to him. That would give her a much better chance around here if he does take her to a shelter. Not that I look at her more she does look like a lab/pointer mix too.Thanks. :)

9. Attila

Attila Guest

Great idea because that is what she looks like. Bird dog.

10. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

yep, pointer lab mix thats for sure.. bird dog.....