1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

update on jeff denny

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by 1916, Sep 30, 2010.

1. 1916

1916 Big Dog

Jeffrey Denny is accused of selling a dog to an informant who said he would use it for fighting.

BEDFORD -- The lawyer for a man accused in Bedford County of selling a pit bull for fighting suggested in court Wednesday that investigators had improperly entrapped him into selling the dog.
    A judge in Bedford County General District Court said, nonetheless, there is sufficient evidence to send the felony charge of promoting animal fighting against Jeffrey Lynn Denny, 36, to a grand jury in November. The grand jury will determine if Denny should stand trial.
    Denny, of Franklinville, N.C., drove to Montvale on May 24 and sold a female pit bull to an informant working for the sheriff's department. The informant testified that he paid Denny $800 for the dog, plus $100 for training.
    However, Denny's lawyer, Andrew Davis, said Denny repeatedly told the buyer he was selling the dog only on the condition that it not be made to fight.
    "Did Mr. Denny advise you that he could not and would not sell the dog if it was going to be used to fight?" Davis asked the informant.
    "That's what he said," the informant replied on the witness stand. The informant also said he kept calling Denny to arrange the sale even after Denny said he wasn't interested in selling the pit bull for combat.
    The informant added that he repeatedly told Denny he intended to pit the dog against a dog of similar weight owned by a group of people from West Virginia. Even after hearing that, Denny went through with the sale, the informant testified.
    Denny's actions show criminal intent, regardless of what he may have said before the sale, said Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Mark Robinette.
    Bedford County authorities insist that Denny is a well-known breeder among those who stage illegal dog fights. In North Carolina, Denny currently faces 16 counts of dogfighting and baiting and 11 counts of animal cruelty.
    Bedford County sheriff's investigator Ross Sheets testified that authorities began looking into Denny after his name came up during their investigation of William Williams, a North Carolina man who pleaded guilty in May to promoting dogfighting and is awaiting sentencing.

2. PEOPLE IF A PERSON SAY ONE THING TALKIN ILLEGAL SHIT ON THE PHONE HANG UP !! & NEVER ANSWER IT AGAIN !! & IF U DONT KNOW THE PERSON REAL WELL & U MUST SELL A DOG :rolleyes: DO WHAT I HAVE DONE , TELL HIM TO LEAVE HIS CELL PHONE IN HIS CAR & STIP DOWN TO HIS BOXERS :eek:!!

3. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

even easier solution- dont sell dogs.

4. mindbender

mindbender Big Dog

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!

5. popper

popper CH Dog

wow.. they are on a which hunt..... approaching these poeple like drug dealers

6. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Good man getting railroaded here.

7. Chump

Chump Banned

That sucks! There is no justice in our justice system!

8. Gxkon

Gxkon Big Dog

some people are just to stupid to grasp the trap thats being laid for them

9. ccourtcleve

ccourtcleve Big Dog

I think rallyracer is on point with this comment. Not selling dogs would end a LOT of issues!!

10. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

Stop snitching.That's where it all stems from:mad:

11. chaser71

chaser71 Banned

Whatever happened 2 snitchs end up in ditchs?

12. quinny

quinny Big Dog

Depends where you're from I guess.
    If you're not doing anything illegal why would you bother?
    I agree with rally, just don't sell dogs. Let alone to unknowns!

13. simms

simms CH Dog

I think these informants need to be exposed. Put their faces on the web...put them on BLAST!!!

14. PADogman

PADogman Top Dog

Maybe people should put there pictures up around were these snitches live and expose them for what they really are,Coward ass punks.

15. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Don't sell dogs to people you don't know.If a person buys a dog from you that u don't know and starts talking about things that make u uncomfortable then don't sell them anything.

16. garth

garth Big Dog

Do not sell to any one.If this would have happen to some dog men I know he would be fish food,before any court date.

17. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

The guys last name is williams,its not william williams like its says in the news report.I can't remember his first name but almost 90% sure it was tomas or travis.

18. 1916

1916 Big Dog

travis williams, i put his pic up in the other thread about the snitches

19. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

O Ok thanks.

20. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

Money is the root of all evil!!.....as long as this world has money ppl will not stop selling dogs!!!....