1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Upcoming breeders

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by Mammaezell, Sep 24, 2011.

1. At what age is a male APBT ready to breed.
    I have a pure bred Boudreaux/Carver male and a Boudreaux female. My bitch is almost two years and should be coming up on her 4th heat in the next month or so so we're planning on breeding them.
    Our sire is only 9 months though and I don't want to rush him. He's been mounting her often. Should we wait for her next heat?

2. He won't be ready for breeding untill he proves himself worthy of breeding, whats the rush he is still a puppy, please don't bred just to have puppy's..................

3. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

First:

What the hell makes you think that this dog is even worth to reproduce?

Second:

Do you really belief a dog can show it´s worth to reproduce at that young age?

Third:

If you don´t know about the simple facts of dogs biological setups stay the hell away from breeding!

Not to bash you but man be serious and step back because there are so many dogs out on the market that aren´t an assett to the breed so think twice and first educate yourself before just producing poor litters over and over!

Take your time to learn and then rethink your plans of being a "breeder"!

4. BKNLS

BKNLS Big Dog

WTF

:slapme:

5. Wait until your dog is 2yrs old, see what he is worth and then after that make your determination on whether or not he is worthy to be breed

6. CBRSALT

CBRSALT Big Dog

Agreed on everyones post. Just cuz ur dogs are off good bloodlines doesnt meen they should b bred. All bloodlines has good and bad dogs in them so just wait and see.

7. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

I hope you're just a troll.

8. GP73

GP73 Pup

Go to some conformation shows near you & meet ppl that have more experience because maby hes a great dog, and you need to be schooled a lil bit to be a great owner.

9. skratchr81

skratchr81 Big Dog

hey at least he asked before he did it. yall think hes still gonna do it?

10. JTC

JTC Big Dog

there are really very few dogs that should be bred my friend. if you plan on wanting to breed your dogs, you need to first see if they can win in some sort of competition. conformation shows might be a way for you to go, or weight pulling. then there is hog hunting but a lot of people dont have the access to that kind of thing. the goal in breeding is to take 2 individuals that have excelled in competition, that both compliment one another in a way that will cause you to beleive the offspring will be better at said competition than the parents. dont just breed your dogs because you think they have good bloodlines, or the puppies will be cute. start competing with your dogs against other kennels and see where they stack up. talk to others, get involved. otherwise, just get your dogs fixed and have them as nice pets. there are too many poorly bred dogs of every breed out there. for now, leave the breeding to breeders that know what they are doing.

11. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Guaranteed.

12. JTC

JTC Big Dog

oh, and peoples, there are more tactful ways to respond to a new persons first post. it is clear he is a newbie. he may not listen either way, but we are more likey to be able to educate someone, and get them to listen if we dont run them off.

13. agreed, hope he listens tho

14. NGK

NGK Top Dog

The object of breeding is to not only preserve the bloodlines but to better them over time so that this noble breed may move forward in a positive light. If to are unable to pinpoint how your breeding may better this bloodline and breed then stop, prove and then consider why and how you may improve on what you have. Can you reproduce, yes, can you better the breed, maybe, but educate yourself before you try and fail or you will be thrown to the wayside by the many people that could help educate you.

NGK

15. 76muscle

76muscle Big Dog

He's only a pup, young acting and full of energy. Let him age, mature and prove that he's worth breeding... Don't rush, do your research my friend.

16. In The Game

In The Game Big Dog

ive seen great dogs produce crap and ive seen crap produce great dogs so breed on my friend im sure great dog man of the past didnt write everything down . ya know grandma left something out of that brownie recipe she gave your mom.lololo.these guys on here talk lots, but if you were to get a ch out of that breeding they would all be your friend.But there right about one thing !!! if you dont what your doing then give it time !!! go jerk off it fills the void .lololoololol

17. RRL

RRL Top Dog

hahahahahaha