1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ukc

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by JP38, Mar 13, 2014.

1. JP38

JP38 Pup

Why or why not would you register with UKC ?

2. Tiznow

Tiznow Big Dog

I used to support UKC with registrations and a show now and again.
    But I no longer consider UKC a legitimate registry and will no longer register with it, solely for it's recognition of something called an "American Bully".
    UKC is now a joke.

3. Jefferson

Jefferson Big Dog

ADBA recognizes the American Bully too, but I hear your point. As far as im concerned the ADBA is a joke too. A few years back they sold part of their mailing list to hsus and a bunch of us got postcards in the mail offering $5,000 for info that would lead to dogfighting raids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. david63

david63 CH Dog

I Did not know ADBA sold part of their mailing list to the Humane Society. Good Jefferson glad you said it. Going to find another way of registering my Dogs.

5. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Anybody have any thoughts on bfkc?

Sincerely Yours, Cajun

6. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I was thinking of going with that if any at all

Sincerely Yours, Cajun

7. C2K

C2K Top Dog

At least UKC will admit 80+ lbs. dogs aren't standard and there for must not be "pure bred". ADBA are in denial.

8. david63

david63 CH Dog

I believe that to the ADBA are in denial.

9. Tiznow

Tiznow Big Dog

They do? Can you refer me to something stating that?

10. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Yea just look at all the bully type dogs with ADBA papers

Sincerely Yours, Cajun

11. Tiznow

Tiznow Big Dog

Yeah, UKC just carves out a spot for the idiots that breed these way-out-of-standard dogs by honoring them with breed status. These people and their dogs should be shunned by UKC, not rewarded.

12. Tiznow

Tiznow Big Dog

You can GET "bully" types by breeding selectively.
    To the extent papers are hung, I think a registry needs evidence before it can do anything! Otherwise, who chooses which dogs are cross-bred and which ones are just really poorly bred dogs or dogs with chondrodysplasia?
    The "judging" needs to take place in the conformation ring where these dogs are excused for lack of merit and through education programs where these idiot breeders are villified. No honoring with breed status!

13. Tiznow

Tiznow Big Dog

But ADBA doesn't have a "breed" called "American Bully".... and at this point, that is a good thing.

14. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Impo you can't judge a performance based dog in a confirmation ring

Sincerely Yours, Cajun

15. Tiznow

Tiznow Big Dog

I am just going by how ADBA is set up now. It does have conformation shows, whether you and I agree with that or not.

16. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

And if its selectively bred to look like a bully type dog, its a bully bred dog. I don't know anybody that I'd get a dog off that breeds based on looks

Sincerely Yours, Cajun

17. Tiznow

Tiznow Big Dog

Well, maybe ADBA should inspect EVERY dog at maturity before it registers it -- in person. Otherwise, they go by the process they DO have now and have no idea what the dog is going to look like at maturity. A registry is an honor-based system. The beauty is that WE get to decide about dogs we use and those we avoid, as you stated above. There are no perfect specimens of ANY breed and oddball purebreds pop up. We just have a bunch of idiots that BREED ON these defects and it's not hard to propagate them. They should be shunned for poor breeding practices of APBTs, yes. But don't make a spot for them in the registry like UKC did.

18. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

You shun them by telling them their shit is a Bully not an apbt,

Sincerely Yours, Cajun

19. Staub

Staub Big Dog

I'm new to ADBA showing, but I can tell you that game bred type dogs are what mostly wins in the conformation ring. All good breeders can do is select properly and use dogs that were bred for the right reasons. Things change, if organizations go too far in the wrong direction, that's when people form their own thing for what they want, happens all the time. I think if people feel that way they should do something about it, and if you think conformation shows are a joke and no way to judge a dog then why would you care about them and what dogs are allowed or the registry? Just breed dogs the way you want them you don't need papers.

20. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

That's what I do. My only reason for arguing the point is that I feel that by calling these dogs "american bullies" or "bully bred" it represents more of what the dog is. By saying its just a poorly bred APBT your giving them more and more reason to blindly insist that they do have pit bulls and not just a half a shell of one. We had a thread going a week or so ago were we were talking about how a separate breed of dog could be created by breeding selectively for 20-30 years. Its just MO that it has already been done concerning the " bully type" dogs. Weather they paperhung some mastiff and English bulldog in there like most people think, or of they were pure bred and selectively bred like that. This is a performance breed and imo once you stop breeding for performance your trying to create a different breed for a different purpose.

Sincerely Yours, Cajun