1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

UKC Show in CA

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by RosewoodAPBT, May 16, 2009.

1. RosewoodAPBT

RosewoodAPBT Big Dog

So, I went to a UKC show today in Rancho Cordova, CA and got dumped! I am so disappointed in the dogs that they are putting up in the show ring! To me, it's a joke. I just go out there to have fun, but it's so frustrating when your dog is the nicest in its class and it gets dumped! Grrrrr! I have attached a couple pics of my dog to give you an idea on what she looks like...

Attached Files:

2. oconley

oconley Pup

That sucks!!! Your dog is really nice looking.

Are you going to try again for the one in Claremont coming up? A lot of red nose judges there...

3. RosewoodAPBT

RosewoodAPBT Big Dog

I live in Sac, so SoCal is a pretty long drive for me. I don't really have the money to go all the way down there, unfortunately. :(
    Hopefully we do better tomorrow and Sunday! Thank you for the compliments!

4. oconley

oconley Pup

If it wasn't Memorial Day weekend, and my dog wasn't in heat, I'd take her...I might go to watch though on saturday... Just see what's out there and going on.

5. RosewoodAPBT

RosewoodAPBT Big Dog

That's cool. Well, you should come on up here for our shows!

6. pitboy69

pitboy69 Pup

OMG, What are you doing on a game dog board Sondra? You better hope the uppity UKC people don't find out....lol... Your girl looks nice.. If she moves good I would show her under Ruth K and Dennis B and Jerry Brown. Maybe even Barbara Marin. Oh yah and Kim Allison. Most people who run shows pick judges that like certain types. While others try to get judges that like different types. Keep showing her. She has a better chance then my Colby male.
    Adam
    Darkside kennels

7. GBandy

GBandy Big Dog

Damn sorry to hear whoady :(. Go out there and handle it on Saturday and Sunday. Try to get some pics of the scrap they're putting up too. Just to see what the competition looks like. Secret looks great, keep at it, she'll eventually get a look from a ukc judge, who doesn't have their head up their ars.:mad:

8. synno2004

synno2004 Top Dog

See you guys in Calremont, July 4th weekend. YEA bay!!1

9. ultimatek9

ultimatek9 Top Dog

I know how you feel. The last UKC show that I went to, I showed Jaeger.
    In one of the shows, the judge refused to place Jaeger. She said that he needed to put on a few pounds and loose some muscle. She also told me that he was to tall and lanky to be an APBT, but that he looked like an American Bulldog. I managed to get myself dismissed for arguing with the judge.
    BTW, Jaeger is 21" tall and 60lbs.
    Oh, and I have also been told (by a UKC Judge) that Jaeger is too terrier.:rolleyes:

10. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

f*ck the UKC. too many bad stories and shitty judging.

11. Crystal621

Crystal621 Big Dog

I agree...of the two shows I have taken Havoc to, I've been told he is "too skinny" or if I put weight on him he would have goten first...I've given up on showing him until he's older and can be fat. The only reason I'm doing it is for the super dog title...

For now, I'll stick to weight pull and work on other performance events. Screw some judges opinion of my dog, he'll show you what he can do.

12. synno2004

synno2004 Top Dog

Also too many sore losers with chit*y dogs that get mad cause their dog doesnt Place.

Can't win them all you also have to learn to lose and have a good time.
    May the best dog win.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2009