1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ugh

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by pookie!, Apr 20, 2012.

1. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

FUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! Bear done twisted his leg or shoulder and is limping now :(
    I cant figure out what hurts, other than the limp he seems okay. Fed him good and gave him a pain/inflammatory med because he acted tender when walking.
    Anything else I should do other than making him rest and keeping off it?
    Might give him a epsom hot bath during the day tomorrow..

2. jacko

jacko CH Dog

a gentle massage may help.

3. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

Yea I have been giving him nice little leg and shoulder/upper back massages to keep him relaxed and laying down.
    He likes them lol I dont know why this dog has more feet and leg issues than a whole yard of mutts combined :/

4. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

Yea I have been giving him nice little leg and shoulder/upper back massages to keep him relaxed and laying down.
    He likes them lol I dont know why this dog has more feet and leg issues than a whole yard of mutts combined :/

5. lil mayhem

lil mayhem Top Dog

Vet visit sounds good pookie just to make sure.

6. lil mayhem

lil mayhem Top Dog

Check his pads to make sure he didn't step on anything.

7. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Not good. Hope you figure it out and he does fine. May just need couple days rest, if possible.lol

8. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Maybe he likes the massages and all the attention. lol I would.

9. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Maybe a vet? Lol

10. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

Oh for sure lol nothing like laying down and getting a good rub down :P

Sorry it took me a bit to respond this phone thing sucks lol

I would take him to a vet if it lasted more than a few days.. After the meds I gave him the one time he felt a million times better but I kept him on the couch so he wouldnt run and jump and hurt himself being all high on painkillers.
    I copy and pasted this cuz its easier than retyping on this phone...

I massaged him twice a day as well as gave him a good stretch before each massage and yesterday he stopped limping completely and had a serious zoom around the house at his normal work out time.
    I think he may have twisted his ankle/knee or had a muscle pulled a little but not sure, I am going to do a slow walk with a good stretch before it and rub down after and keep him kind of slow this week in walking and no serious running just to be safe.
    I think stretching him helped a ton and the massages

This dog has the worst feet and just generally hurting himself luck lol thank God so far nothing serious *knock on wood*
    I alway take everything slow to make sure I dont hurt him, because he doesnt show he is hurt or know when to stop until we get home.

He hates not being able to run or work out today, serious puppy eyes