1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ufc 196

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Saiyagin, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Thanks for the update guys I'll have to check the highlights on youtube.

2. redwar

redwar Big Dog

Let me amend what I said in my earlier post. Connor may have to go back down(if he can) since going up in weight did not work out roses for him too bad for Dana. Connor still has that belt and can still be a draw at that weight for that title. !55 is a very tough and competetive weight class he may not like it there so if not 145 hard to say where he can go and earn his check. Seems both MMA fighters and boxers have successfully moved up in weight they just naturally grow into it or grown out of being able to cut weight and keep the endurance and strength, either way its been done, see it often as guys get older. Roy Jones Jr did it a few times, Holyfield, PAcman, Cotto etc-in MMA I believe GSP, Penn, Hughes, Franklin just for a few.

3. niko

niko CH Dog

I wish jones would've retired after beating John Ruiz...I think it tarnished his rep a bit.He Was arguably the best ever

4. pitbulld0gs

pitbulld0gs Top Dog Staff Member

Yeah, i know what you mean, GSP, Hughes, Franklin ect, those are Legends though lol and i don't think many went up that much that quick and succeeded, lots of time growing like you said.. Conor gassed carrying all that extra weight and Nate caught him with some shots, never once did i see Conor put it on Diaz.

In fact, it looked a lot worse than it was, Conor caught Nate with a few lefts (that he was throwing the whole fight) and that was about it, he missed a lot. Nate had reach and was working angles, which Conor usually does and then the shots came and Conor was rocked which is why he tried to shoot for the take down and then got pounded and submitted..

I don't much care for what UFC has turned into but there are some good fighters still. I miss the old days when the guys like GSP, Penn and Hughes were contending.

5. Kostas81

Kostas81 Big Dog

Don't lie or get your facts straight! McGregor was going to training when White called him for Dos Anjos pulling out. McGregor said anyone, I don't care!
    White called Aldo who already stated the previous month, anytime, anywhere. He said no... Second choice Edgar but unfortunatelly had a groin injury. The third choice was Diaz and he said yes and the fight was on. He later called back White and told him that he cannot have proper camp, so he thinks that a smaller weight cut would be fair. White agreed and told him 160. Diaz said ok that time. He called him back after some hours and proposed him 165. Dana called McGregor and informed him on the situation and McGregor proving from what he is made told White "Tell that sob, 170, just to feel comfortable!"
    Do you even follow mma news or just like to talk trash on forums? Cyber tough guys!

6. niko

niko CH Dog

The only one trying to act tough is you lol...what's wrong?you trying to make excuses for the leprechaun lol

7. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Big Dog

Your a dumb ass! What excuse could you possibly make? Connor wanted to go at 170! Connor had back to back camps! You keep talking about mma news and that you train in your local group mma classes. All arguments were settled in the box. You notice how Connor shut his mouth.. You should do the same.
    Nates stand up setup the finish! Connor being the cur he is knew it was lights out and threw the towel in before the pressure was applied.

Bottom line is this... Connor thought he was unbeatable, he was wrong and won't attempt something so stupid again.

8. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

Here I thought I was do'n good with my $480 cash. Just found out A guy here in Vegas put up $77,000 and cashing $300,300 Now that's sweat!

9. toom

toom Big Dog

I like confidence in one's self but EVERYONE hates a BIG MOUTH.Connors runs his mouth if he's so great he should be aleast be a little humble.I'm just happy the old NATE showed up for that fight...!

10. c_note

c_note CH Dog

Damn that's a sweet lick!!!!!!! I PICKED NATE TO WIN WHEN I HEARD ABOUT THE FIGHT!!! I woulda easily bet a hundun or 2 on Nate, I just don't bet online... Should have gone with my guy and made an account! JONES OVER CORMIER 4-23-2016 by sub, KO/TKO

11. war machine

war machine Big Dog

Wow its crazy how many ppl have no idea about the sport. McGregor was getting beat to the punch and hit in entry and exit in the first round he in no way dominated... the Diaz brothers both have a tremendous amount of scar tissues around their eyes (the older has even had surgery to shave down the bone in his forehead and remove scar tissue to avoid the cuts) which lead to bleeding easily and heavily. Also Connor was never going to fight gsp at ufc 200 he was going to fight robbie Lawler at ufc 200... Connor had already proved he had no ground game vs Mendes when he begged to herb dean for a stand up against an attacking opponent so how it's an upset that a more tested and better versed fighter won I have no idea....

12. pitbulld0gs

Do you even MMA Bruh? huh? Do ya? smh..

This ^ and lmao @ Conor the cur haha!! Ive never liked him and his big mouth, i know Dana does this shit now for the money and hype but he is to much.

Indeed!! Mendez surely did show his holes!! This guy ^ actually watched the fight and seen what happened, that scar tissue and those lefts from Conor was nothing but blood, i never seen Nate rocked or losing, in fact, if you have time to two piece someone, then smack them, then do it again? you are faster and moving more lol. Nate used his reach and Conor was shitting himself because he couldn't work his angles right, which is something he should of have been prepared for. There was a reason Conor tried for the take down and it was because he was being outclassed on his feet.

Nick looks to have more scar tissue imho but he has been around longer and both of those boys don't give two fucks to stand with any fighter. They always been that way which is why they always put on a good fight.

I just pray Conor winds up in the ring with Lawler sometime soon even though i doubt he will and Edgar will wipe the mat with Conor, Dana is good at keeping fighters away from each other..

13. war machine

war machine Big Dog

Eeehhhh I really have no interest in Connor vs Lawler. Connor is a tiny 170 and would easily get turned out by any large sized welterweight. If he wants to fight at 170 throw him to Thiago Alves watch him get beat up send him back down to 155 and let him fight. He lacked the power at 170 that he had at 145 and the 145 weight cut is too brutal in him imo.

14. niko

niko CH Dog

My sentiments exactly...he was begging for a stand up against mendes.Nate is tough buy i think Nick is the better of the two...Conor would haveno chance against lawler unlike Nick:)

15. pitbulld0gs

Right? I do think he learned though, he has been quite since the fight lol.

I do agree about losing his power and speed..

16. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

Yeah I'm studying that fight, I guess it will depend on the money line. I like Jones, but so do a lot of others, so it could make A huge difference on the line.

17. redwar

redwar Big Dog

Kostas81 your a joke.

18. thecableguy

thecableguy Big Dog

They are both 155ers they both didn't have to cut weigh Have yo seen Conor after a weigh in? he looks like a underwear model/bodybuilder on meth seriously looked like he was on his death bed and with all that extra muscle I he put on I doubt he can even make145 and be heathy it will be dangerous. Everyone who has beat Nate was always relied heavy on takedowns and left opening for Nate to be swatted This is mma and but most don't want to bang with Diaz

19. thecableguy

thecableguy Big Dog

Lmfao I know mother fuckers who can run a marathon and can do 1 round of pad work btw the news says a lot of things

20. thecableguy

thecableguy Big Dog

Lmfao where do you get this shit from