1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

True Pit Bull Looks

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Chainlyf, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Chainlyf

Chainlyf Pup

I have seen many pit bulls, but they don't all look alike in terms of body shape. Some are small and some are huge. Some have big heads and some have skinny heads. I was wondering what kind of physical characteristics should a pit bull have? I have been to people's yards and their dogs didn't even look like pits, but they had papers to back them. They said their dogs were game, but they didn't look game. Can some body please help me out.

2. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

You really can't tell anything by looks, other than possibly how the dog will wrestle. And if gameness could be seen, it would make all our lives easier.

3. AC

AC Big Dog

There's no certain way an apbt should look. If you want to get technical you can look up on the adba website what is supposed to be considered physically correct as far as looks go in the show ring. :)

4. swosprey

swosprey Pup

When you breed for looks instead of performance, you end up with a lot of
    health issues, not to mention screwing up a gene pool.

5. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

The reason the “pit” bull has such various looks is because they are breed for performance and not looks. With that being said there is more than one way to win a contest (biting, out lasting, durability). That’s the reason for the various looks in the breed.

6. Chainlyf

Chainlyf Pup

Thanks for all replies.

Aloha