1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Triple Bred Dragon Bitch need help in Cali.

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by mindbender, Dec 17, 2009.

1. mindbender

mindbender Big Dog

The dogs name is Ginger, she was bred by a very dear frind of mine that I consider a brother. The idiot who purchased her misrepresented his self and swore up and down that he wanted a game bred dog, but when the dog fired up at an early age he couldnt handle her. So instead of sending her back as asked, this brain child decided to get her spayed because the vet of all people told him that it would calm her down!:mad: Then when that didnt work instead of waiting for my friend to make arrangements to get her back to the other side of the country, this rocket scientist puts her in a shelter!!!:eek::mad: Here is the link, please help if you can.

http://animalcare.lacounty.gov/AdoptDetails.asp?AnimalID=A4068176

Thank you in advance. No one wants to see the dogs that they bred end up in the pound or end up in the wrong hands.:)

2. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

another reason not to breed pitbulls! all you get is wannabe's that think they can handle a gamedog as there first dog then when the dog acts like a pitbull the panic lol.

hope she makes her way back to the breeder and i hope this is a lesson learned in his part

3. Jelet

Jelet Banned

Gosh. This is one stupid asshole. Placing a game-bred line APBT in a shelter that is open to the general public. I hope the dog is returned to its breeder or is put to sleep before another idiot decides to adapt this dog. (Unless someone responsible gets the dog.) Sad to see the well bred bitch spayed because "the vet said it will decrease dog aggression."

4. pitbullkid86

pitbullkid86 Big Dog

My first pit was neutered because the vet said it would decrease DA. My dog still DA with no nuts, never planned on breeding him anyway.

5. AGame

AGame CH Dog

LOL....... the only thing fixing a dog will do as far as aggression is it will lower its hormonal aggression, and in my males that had been fixed it still didnt do that only reason to get a dog fixed is to keep it from reproducing nothing more nothing less

6. A prime example of why vets should stick to medicine and NOT behavior evaluations!

7. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Yup! Screening, or a recommendation from someone that is involved with the dogs is a must these days for that reason right there!

F***'ing
    Sad man!

:mad:

It says $50 to adopt , and she's spayed so you save $50, when it would be $100 if the shelter had done it. Get your "Brother" to buy the dog bac from the shelter for $50 bucks and re home it the right way!

I tried saving the dogs that sired my Redboy/Frisco Pups but was a day to late hearing about there situation!
    And thats how I got Jane!

good luck and hope buddy does the right thing. cause thats what i would do!

8. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

If the breeder is still actively trying to get the dog back, have someone in the area pull her for the time being. I've had to do something similar when one of my previous rescue dogs was failed miserably.

9. mindbender

mindbender Big Dog

My friend is still trying to get her back, but the dog is in California and he is in Florida. He is reaching out to some people he knows over there to see if someone could grab her till he can make arrangements to ship her to him. He just wants someone who truly understands game bred dogs to get her if she was to be adopted.

10. QVO RIP

QVO RIP Pup

Hey Mindbender,

Do you still need someone to help out with getting her out of the pound?. I can get her since i live in the L.A. area and hold her till January since after that I have a pup arriving. You can pm me and I will continue to check my inbox today to see if i need to go after work today to get her out.

11. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

i would really like the dog as i have 5 acres of land to put her on BUT i already have a female :(

12. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

Any updates???

13. mindbender

mindbender Big Dog

Unfortunately She has been adopted by an unknown party. The breeder tried to get her but since she was up for adoption and someone was interested, the only person they would release her to other than the interested part was the idiot who placed her there! The breeder tried to give his info to the shelter to give to the new owners but the shelter would not take it nor give him any info of where the dog would be. He wanted to at least let the people know how she was bred and what a gamebred dog is like (if they didn't know), but know it's anyones guess how this will turn out:(.

14. WNK

WNK Big Dog

That's why I would never breed for the public. Those people who sell those dogs to idiots are just peddler in my opinion. Hope the bitch find a new good home. The fact that she is neutered isn't really good...

15. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

hopefully this dog does not end up on the news!

16. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

Well thats terrible news. I was talking to kuyajames about taking her. I was very set on it too... If this bitch was too much for the previous owner, theres no doubt it will be for the next one too. Maybe she'll be turned in again. Can someone try to keep an eye out for her to show up?

17. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

wow that really sucks man. how could a shelter refuse to pass on information from the breeder of the dog? that just sounds like they honestly dont give a shit as long as they get their money an the dog is gone.