1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

**Tri-State Show** New Weight Pull info!!

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by TriStateAPBT, Jul 28, 2010.

1. This will 100 percent be covered at the handlers meeting as registration! Of course there are always one or two clueless ppl, so we all need to be on point (this should be always!), but we will have a zero tolerance policy for anyone making an unsafe condition!

Unfortunately as was commented before, while I certainly didn’t love pulling till 1 in the morning, the weight pull is on the verge of death due to low turn outs and expense. Something has to give and we do need bigger turn outs or our pull is in its last days. Many clubs across the US have shut the pulls down too, so what is the happy middle? I understand you many not what to have the dogs kenneled for hours on end and be pulling in to the early evening, but do we want the weight pull to die altogether? So while I’m sure we can’t make everyone happy, we are going to do as much as we can to give ppl a chance to pull. I don’t want to see it die, but then we may have no choice.

2. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

We've pulled against other breeds at the AADR shows & while there isn't a big turnout for the other breeds they are respectful. It works out quite well except watching a little patterdale outpull my 58lb APBT lol. The more, the merrier!

We'll do our best to get out there, sounds like too much fun to miss it!

3. roe1880

roe1880 Big Dog

Cool Tristate... i know you guys will address the issue, you guys are top notch all around... & like i stated, i do hope it works out 'cause i really don't want the weight pulling to go away... We will see ya there for sure...

4. Thank You for all your support Roe!!

5. roe1880

roe1880 Big Dog

No thanks from me needed... Thank you guys for putting such a great show year in & out... I will do my best to help out with the cart also this year... it's just my back gets shredded up from sleeping on them air mattress'...lol... & im running back & forth with both weight pull & conformation dogs...lol...

6. I know that I am excited about this change. We have been pulling APA only because that is the only registry I can pull my paperless dog at. And from talking to alot of other AB and patterdale pullers they are excited and we are all trying to bring a large group together for this.

7. pmj

pmj Pup

:dogtongue:

8. Padlock

Padlock Banned

I've been to two cow-town NJ adba 2003/2004 sanctioned events and took home ribbons/points every time WE entered. padlocks Gucci's red rage stole points from dogs traveling hundreds of miles in hopes of earning those ace points. but me and Gucci had other plans. we came, we saw, and we kicked some a$$.
    I would suggest any apbt fancier attend these shows, as the people and events are top notch. great place to network and meet like minded individuals. a positive experience for the whole family.

Attached Files:

9. Padlock

Padlock Banned

class 65-75 m date 7/19/03 padlocks Gucci's red rage/ bw 71lbs/ lwp 2810lbs 2nd place =]
    ************** 7/20/03 *******************/ bw 71 lbs/lwp 2210lbs 2nd place =]
    this was our first sanctioned show and we were a force to be reckoned with...
    Gucci passed away this past Friday 8/6/2010 ... he will be sadly missed.
    r.i.p Gucci =[ DOB 1/25/2002 he was 8yrs young.

10. pmj

pmj Pup

Padlock, whatcha bringing? look forward to seeing you bro.

11. roe1880

roe1880 Big Dog

Damn RIP Gucci... i know you beat my dog out there at those shows...lol... imma be away for 2 weeks just before the show so imma try and work them hard before i leave so i hope they will be ok & do some work... Good luck to you all... show us what ya bringing...

12. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

I have never been to a show and have no idea what to expect. I will be traveling alone as i dont know a soul that likes these dogs enough to go to a show. Will it be hard being late Aug to get a room in the area or can i just drive down and find something? Also i imagine i will leave the dogs at home as i will not be competing in anything and am really looking to just meet some people and try and start getting involved in the community. Or will people be like where is your dog and suspect like on most forums and not willing to engage.

13. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

holly shit that 6 hrs away!!! Suppose nothing is closer or is there i live in Boston?

14. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

This is the only ADBA show in the northeast that is closest to you. I suggest getting a room in advance if you are traveling. The hotels fill up quickly. You can also camp on the show grounds for a fee. Its best to leave the dogs at home because they will have to stay in their crates unless being walked. Everyone is pretty friendly. I dont think you will have a problem engaging people.

15. machobuck

machobuck Big Dog

sd you coming out to the show

16. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Angus and I will be there. :)

17. jbh38

jbh38 Big Dog

We will be there, I will be pulling my patterdales

18. machobuck

machobuck Big Dog

Cool hey sd did u go to the aadr show with angus and your son just wondering if the angus u have is the one I'm thinking of

19. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

I was at the AADR show but I dont have a son. Maybe you're thinking of someone else.

20. TASOSCHATZ

TASOSCHATZ Big Dog

Angus has a very distinctive ribcage, I would like to see the dog you confused him with, really curious for anything close to his looks.