1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

**Tri-State Show** New Weight Pull info!!

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by TriStateAPBT, Jul 28, 2010.

1. The Tri-State APBT Club is hosting a 3 conformation shows and 2 days of weight pull Sept 25 & 26, 2010.

New this show!!!!!!!

In addition to holding our regular APBT only Weight Pull we will also be hosting two new weight pull events! We will be holding an All Breed weight pull and a “Fun pull” with awards and placement rosettes! He is how it will all work;

The regular ADBA weight pull is for REGISTERED APBTS ONLY, if we have enough pre registered Aces, this class will be held first.

The ALL Breed weight pull is for ALL PURE BRED dogs with ADBA Registration numbers (you must bring proof of your dogs ADBA papers and registering with the ADBA is easy go to http://www.adbadogs.com/p_pdetails.asp?fpid=5&pg=5). Now an ADBA registered APBT can compete in the all breed pull also, but he would be starting from scratch with his points since he would be competing for a different title. ALL BREED dogs must pre register with me by Sept 1st and MUST give themselves time to register with the ADBA so please start now!

The fun pull is open to everyone, no points are awarded but we will have a 1st, 2nd & 3rd placing in different wt classes, and Most Weight Pulled and Body Pound rosettes.

All three pulls (reg, all breed, fun) will be held on the same track at the same time! If an adba registered APBT would like to compete in BOTH regular WP and the ALL breed pull on the same day, his ONE pull will count for BOTH shows, he just needs to pay for the two shows. LPP dogs are welcome, AND the ADBA will start to sanction WORKING dog certificates to LPP dogs who compete at fun pulls.

Tristateapbt@aol.com

2. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

Cool... Best of luck with this endeavor

3. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

What city and state is this in?

4. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

Woodstown, NJ

5. pmj

pmj Pup

:dogtongue:

6. AmericanDogMan

AmericanDogMan Big Dog

I'll be there with the fam... Can't wait

7. roe1880

roe1880 Big Dog

Yes sirrrr... plenty of food and even more drinks (after the show)...lol... keg stands again this year...lol...

Hey Tri-state just curious.... the all breed will be run with the regular joe shmo dogs??? if so that for sure is gonna be a long a$$ day... sometimes the apbt's dont get done till late so i can't imagine if all other breeds are coming in also... WOW ya need to start selling redbulls & or cuban coffee....lol... please correct me if im wrong...

8. Nope you are not wrong, but it is better than waiting on a whole another pull, and we will NOT be taking long breaks like last few shows. If we pull late because of the large amount of dogs, thats ok, but we need to be sure everyone is on point and keeps it moving, ourselves included! I'll be sure that the coffee keeps flowing! I remember when we used to always pull into the night, not that I want to but if thing keep going the way they are as far as turn out, we will be forced to shut the weight pull down. It's just too expensive to run for only 15 dogs, and in truth we don't have very many serious ppl committing to help also. Ppl talk good about joining or complain that we don't just take your $20 bucks and let you be a member, but at the end of the day, the club needs ppl willing to stand out in the sun and be ring steward or lift weights on the cart. Only after someone works 2 whole show weekends do we allow them to join, cause what we need is hard labor, not 100 "members" in name only. So we do get pulled a bit thin and sometimes get delayed here or there. But I am sooo PROUD of our current WORKING members and the sometimes volunteers, who bust their butt and sometimes don't even have dogs to show! Tri-State PRIDES it’s self in putting on the BEST show, period! We normally have the best show turn-outs anywhere,(Thanks Guys!) the BEST Awards, great food, and above all GREAT DOG PPL!! We put everything into giving the ppl what we strive to be as the BEST show weekend around. SO we would like to give a huge THANKS to all who support our show and these dogs!!! I think I just went slightly off topic, LOL, sorry.

9. LOL, now that's funny & true!

10. ROCCITY

ROCCITY Big Dog

Do you know who the judges for the conformation show are going be yet?
    Thanks

11. roe1880

roe1880 Big Dog

Thanks for the response... we will see ya there... Hey Bill bring them ribs brother...lol

12. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

This is so true... Every club show is great for it's own reasons but Tri-State really does a all around great job... Come on out if ya can...

And i ain't saying all this because i am fat and a member of the club...lol...

13. Looking forward to it!

14. pit4ever

pit4ever Banned

sigh i dont think im going this time. its not that fun when you do not have a dog yet. +no ride too.

15. The judges for this show will be, Sam V from CO, James Rodgers from AL, & Rodger Scott from OK

16. ROCCITY

ROCCITY Big Dog

Thanks Tri-State. Looking forward to another great show! AAA+++

17. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

i really dont see the point of an all breed pull and even less an all breed adba.
    being solely a american pitbull registry that kept the breed up to its real standards is what set the adba apart from the ukc and akc now i cant tell none of the 3 apart.
    i was told from someone who has a adba club in cali that the adba is just trying to restore their image from all the negative press with the dogfighting but i dont see how letting a chiwawa weightpull does anything to change the image.

anyways good luck with the new pulls and hope it works out for the weightpullers.
    tri-state show is one of the best shows in the year

18. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

I hope the other breed owners keep their dogs on a tight leash like we do or it could be bad.....one accident with another dog because they weren't paying attention and its on the news

19. roe1880

roe1880 Big Dog

i agree pitfallin... we also do UKC weight pulls and they tend to walk around with their dogs pretty freely even around APBT's... it sucks allot cause my dogs want to go after any & everything poofy...lol... so i gotta keep them crated most of the day... it sucks for them especially being that there are so many dogs pulling so by the time they are up they are tired, cramped, hungry, cold or over heated from being in their crate so long.... that is why i had to ask what i did above... I hope it works out in the long run... i don't expect too many other breed dogs showing up for this 1st show, but who knows...

20. This was a concern for a while with the adba, but the "other" breed pullers have been pulling along side our dogs for years with no trouble at the IWPA, UKC & APA. If everyone behaves (our side too) this should be a good time for all. Besides I would expect more along the lines of this appealing to AB, & patterdale people the most, so they tend to have a handful of dogs with dog agg issuses too and of the ones I know which pull they are responsible owners. So yeap you right, lots of equal respect on all sides needed!