1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

travelled

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by peppapig, Jun 14, 2010.

1. peppapig

peppapig Banned

so.....whats the longest distance you have all travelled to get the dog you wanted??...and i dont mean imported......i mean you sat in car/train/boat/plane to get it and then back again??:confused:

2. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

22 hours one way. drove from alabama to colorado and back in 3 days to pick up a couple dogs.

3. phill

phill Top Dog

i drove 1179 miles from illonios to maine 20 hours walked around for an hour then drove 12 more hours to east brady pennsylvaina took a good nap ate then drove 8 more hours to home in a total of 45 hours and 2358 miles i did start hallucinateing i saw something that looked like a cross between a deer and the wolfman and some kind of forest fire ,,,there was no fire

4. 23 hours twice and 34 hours once

5. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

did you get a colby dog?

6. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

2hours lol, i dont even think nz is big enough to drive for 23 hours!

7. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

6 hours and a lot of finger crossing..lol
    the man would not trust his own mum ...lol
    had tooo many stolen off his yard.............. when he told me what the dam did to the GUARD DOG PRESA ..............i was hooked , and i learnt through experience , he was not lying.

8. PERRO

PERRO Big Dog

14 hours to Floyd's yard in 1999. It should have been a six hour drive! Got lost twice. I hate driving in Louisiana. It's all back roads! Picked up a bitch off skull/scream first breeding. I wish I would have picked up more dogs of that litter. Damn!

9. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

Longest I drove was 12 hours one way to durham,NC for a very honest bitch. Any farther than that, i'll pay for shipping. Lol

10. BIGTEXAS

BIGTEXAS Big Dog

3 n half days....:D

11. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

1475 miles one way. (25 hours) Picked up the dogs, slept, then came home.

Those little black bunny rabbits were running in front of my van towards the end of the trip! :eek:

12. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

Gotta love those imaginary animals LMFAO. I saw mine on a trip to KY, worked 60 hours that week, left Friday at midnight, showed Saturday, and drove the seven hours home. 48 hours of no sleep, 14+ hours drive time, long day of dog showing in 100* heat = lots of shadows and swerving.

Longest trip to pick up a pup was 48 hours round trip.

13. phill

phill Top Dog

i'm not the only nut wow it was a nephew to sos jack and a daughter to snyder i'll be dooing it again in 6 weeks and i didn't eat a lobster i think they sell em at Mcdonalds there

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2010
  14. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

About 12 hours each way. I use to travel a lot, but now I'm extremely limited due to having 3 young kids. It sucks because there are some pups/dogs I'd really like to have from certain breeders.

15. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

2 hours lol but i would go further if i had too.

16. peppapig

peppapig Banned

well feck.....they are some serious travells lol....:eek: ....

17. Colossus

Colossus Big Dog

gonna travel 700 miles for a new pup soon.

18. Colossus

Colossus Big Dog

one way :D:D

(1400 total) ;):rolleyes:

19. MinuteMan1979

MinuteMan1979 Big Dog

17 hours one way to TN, Picked the gyp up spent about an hour doing a yard tour, hopped in the car and drove 17 hours back. slept 2 hours then worked a 10 hour day!

I'll never do it again, it's CHEEPER to just ship them with todays gas prices!!! LOL

20. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

thinkin about makin a long trip here comin up but honestly its cheaper to find a shipper