1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Track Mill

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by Irish Pitbull, Mar 18, 2011.

1. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

i would prefer to use a mill and flirtpole, however , as i said, IF your dog will work this trackmill properly then it is a good bit of kit.

2. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Looks like anything elts , there would be a learning curve. It would take time to learn how to manipulate the dog into chaseing it and avoiding the dog from getting it. I disagree with a smart dog wont work one comment. I think it has alot more tpo do with pray drive. It may not work well for all dogs (like all equipment) But I think a dog with a high pray drive would go nutz for the thing. Inteligent or not. I think its an neet Idea. Id give it a whirl. Not as a replacement for a Mill or Bikeing but as an alternitive way to work the dog when things get boring/stale to add variety to the workout. The more options the better because the more entertained the dog is the harder he will work for you. Its good to mix things up. Folks shouldent be so close minded.

3. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

you cannot compare this to a threadmill

i see this as pure fun addition

4. Yas

Yas Big Dog

I agree, I used mine yesterday because i`ve been waiting for better weather and although my dogs will do anything for food the hardest part was getting them to stop chasing it when I wanted them to stop, meat, pigs ears etc couldn`t take their attention from it.
    I`d say if you have bigger, faster dogs then you just need a longer line.
    It is different to a mill, a mill is compact, convenient, and besides taking up very little space, can be used in any weather. The advantage over a mill is that it is more natural because the dog actually has to run, driving his bodyweight forwards and also has to turn. If you have a few exercise tools then it is an excellent addition to what you already have not a replacement for anything else.
    I have a new electric lure coursing machine so am looking forward to trying that out.

5. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

dogs figure out flirts, jennys and mills all the time. looks like fun, obviously adjustments would have to be made with bigger, more athletic dogs but carry on.

6. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Exactly my thoughts.

7. anton

anton Pup

any excerise is good for your dog . i think this is a great idea as i have had many dogs that wont run a jenny or slatmill . im going to give this one a go , those dogs in the vid dont look like they get enough excerise. someone mentioned a motor id like to see that one work , as i think my arms would get too tired and the dog would catch it ! i cant see an excited pit stopping and waiting for the lure because if he does stop u stop and not ever dog will run one just my two bits worth..