1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Told you so

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Fritz, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Fritz

Fritz Big Dog

2. keystone

keystone CH Dog

don mayfield would not say that you where nuts ..........

i think there is no difference between making the best raw food (horse/lamb/chicken/cow/fish/rabbit/deer/3kind of beans ect)
    and giving the best dryfood (for example royal canine 4300 this days)for being healthy

dogs and cats are getting old as never before ....good for vets do.
    little problems Always there .....:)

the difference between raw and dry is the weight of the dog ......on the raw you have a more light dog ......not weaker of course
    often my dog was bigger then the opponent .....don mayfield

3. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

The article said it perfectly. Dogs descended from wolves. Their intestinal grouping has never changed. Good post Fritz!

4. keystone

keystone CH Dog

raw ..somethings cooked for example the bones ..to get the merge out

5. Fritz

Fritz Big Dog

I'm not sure how much of that is actually quoting Don Mayfield. In all frankness, most anyone reading some of Don Mayfield's later ramblings would tend to consider him quite dotty, which is a polite way of saying quite nuts -- his writings so jumbled, vague, and convoluted as to require an interpreter.

Mayfield, of course, was of the higher echelon, one of the "big shots" among dogmen. Bobby Hall was another, and of course Maurice Carver. Back then I considered them the wheelers and dealers -- and still do. My favorite dogmen were the lesser knowns, men who hadn't "hit it big" but were more dedicated to their dogs than to notoriety, trickery, and big bucks.

I admit I've digressed. Blame it either on Mayfield's ramblings or on my Wednesday morning moodiness.

6. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

Fritz...y'All upset keystone...now...lol....lol..years ago it was easyer to get big bags off head meat,,offal/etc..for a few £££$$,,,then,later,because off foot+mouth certain meat parts had to be certified ....in some butchers here ya have to order in beef hearts/etc....

7. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

..whats royal canine going for now,,10kg bags...££$$$

8. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

Hell some dog people today will still think you're nuts lol

I know quite a few people that either do some degree of raw feeding or home cooked for their dogs, both in and outside of keep. Athletes need fuel, and unlike wolves dogs can benefit from a lot of different things outside of the standard kibble..

9. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

Spit it out Fritz. I for one am another who shares those sentiments. I haven't been around for Decades and haven't shaken dozens of hands, but that's for a reason. Early on into learning the ins and outs of how the dogs goes, I came across a few fishy fellas. Luckily I knew people who knew of them from other endeavors and that let me know to stay away.

Word travels fast and IF you keep good company, you should be relatively safe. I've always been a slow nickel kind of guy, the ones chasing that fast quarter are more than likely the ones pushing the limits on whatever, whenever they can, in order to get what they want.

10. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

Forgot to quote this as a part of my post above.

11. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

^^^^ this.

Sent from my microwave using Tapatalk

12. keystone

keystone CH Dog

often my dog was bigger then the opponent .....don mayfield.
    citaat don mayfield fritz.
    rest is from me/myself

fritz about those ramblings from don what is the problem ?
    ..its a about dogs .
    evrybody in this world have his weak/bad moments ...no matter who you are .......
    or you think different?

fritz their out there are more who did 4/5 or where involved ...and after that try a living of mag's or books ..or make a extra dime ...do there hobby .

i have your book(tina) got it 80 ties ..friend bring from london ...book shop second hand bought
    i liked when i saw it ....but have not read it yet .....real reason to bissy ....but stil in the reach ...like tina on the front ..she make me think a bit about daughter of big lis ..called swig when right

13. keystone

keystone CH Dog

i never noticed must on don is doing rambling lol
    but i must admitt i was on big distannce
    not close like you guys

14. Fritz

Fritz Big Dog

We call 'em like we see 'em. All else is dishonesty.

15. keystone

keystone CH Dog

had the rambling something to do with the eli mayfield line lol you think ?

16. Fritz

Fritz Big Dog

No, it had more to do with his mental state. I don't want to play shithouse psychiatrist here, but we most of us tend a bit schizoid or paranoid from time to time. And that's no big deal. But when we meet a certain behavior and pattern of speech that is so far beyond the norm as to be almost incomprehensible, we immediately sense something wrong, even terribly wrong.

Understand, I'd be the last to knock someone for whatever illness he or she might have, mental or otherwise. I hope I haven't given anyone the impression that's what I've done in Mayfield's case. Hell, I'm no psychiatrist. What the hell do I know? But I do know a bit about writing and communicating and am able to distinguish between what is reasonable and what is nonsensical.

And perhaps this is the perfect time for changing the subject entirely. Ha. Kidding. It might make for an interesting conversation: which of us dogmen is the nuttiest?

17. keystone

keystone CH Dog

last years don had chat ..could go there evryday ..and ask him evryhting you want .
    and the same thing qeustion in 100 diff ways ....no problem/rambling there......

18. Fritz

Fritz Big Dog

Deeply satisfying, somehow, when two people speak the same language, whatever the dialect.

19. keystone

keystone CH Dog

i understand you write on your highest niveau now ..or not even .......:)
    but it reads as a poor reaction

20. keystone

keystone CH Dog

there is a other one here .
    when in the corner peope have downsyndrome