1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

~TN~ Pit Bulls need help

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by mastiffsj, Mar 29, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mastiffsj

mastiffsj Big Dog

This is the email I received about these dogs-

(the news story)
    http://www.herald-citizen.com/index.cfm?event=news.view&id=64EF7270-19B9-E2E2-674AAFF75C7742B2

They will be put down on Monday or Tuesday. 11 pits were taken by the Sheriff dept and held at the Cookeville Putnam County Animal Shelter against the owners will. The owner lost them back in December and now has lost them in court this past Wed, due to neglect and three died at the shelter soon after they arrived and one could not even walk in the shelter due to weakness and one dead on the property. Now that the dogs are all healthy and do not have to go back to the owner they are all going to be PD because the shelter does not adopt out the Pits but will let them go to a rescue that will temperament test them and spay / neuter all of them. Please contact the Cookeville Shelter at 931-526-3647.

Pictures of some of the dogs-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dog with broken jaw-
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shelter Info-

http://www.cookeville-tn.org/departments/animal-shelter

Cookeville Putnam County Animal Shelter ​
    2105 West Jackson St. ​
    Cookeville, TN 38501 ​
    (931) 526-DOGS (3647) ​
    HOURS: MONDAY-SATURDAY ​
    12:00pm-4:00pm ​
    (closed Sundays)

2. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

this is the time for the TNT fans to step up to the plate and help the dogs out

3. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Nevermind...

4. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

morning bump back to the top.
    many have talked about w/ these busts as of late and helping- its not for the person-but for the dogs. this is an opportune moment to do just that

5. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Another horrible fate awaits these guys. I have contacted a few rescues in my area, but don't know yet if they can help. Wish there was more I could do.

6. 40lbRed

40lbRed Big Dog

So, are you just looking for shelters?

7. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

no, we are looking for people to adopt the dogs-as the shelter will not adopt them out ( only let them go to rescues)
    we have the appropriate connections to be able to pull these dogs, IF we have GOOD homes for them to go to.

8. 40lbRed

40lbRed Big Dog

Which ones are males and which are females?

9. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

we are not sure, but we have an email out to the shelter to find out

10. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

These are NOT TNT dogs. TNT has gone to court and ALL charges were dismissed. The court found that there was insufficient evidence.
    Unfortunately She had no dogs that were alive by the time they went to court. (As per the shelter) In court the shelter submitted pictures of the shelter workers watching the dogs fight. The judge was disgusted on how the dogs were kept while in custody.
    The funny thing is they had try to add dogs to the one they took out of her yard. They tried to ID some APBT's in the shelter that were from another case as hers but failed. The county shelter killed all the TNT dogs left, these dogs posted above are from somewhere else and I don't know who is trying to pass them off as TNT dogs.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2009
  11. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

WTF? :confused: And people wonder why the hell I got out of rescue.

12. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

:eek: I sent 5, yes 5 emails to rescue groups in Tn yesterday trying to help these guys. And now we find out they are not even her dogs. Oh ,well maybe one of them will respond and help these guys.

13. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

"These are NOT TNT dogs"... well- here is the dog taken from her property that had the broken jaw

[​IMG]

14. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

The dog that had the broken jaw was not black. ( that jaw doesn't look broken it looks like it is missing several teeth) These are not TNT dogs, all her dogs are dead! And now she is suing the county because of the pictures that showed up in court. The dumb a$$ AC took pictures of her dogs on leash at the shelter fighting. They actually had one dogs on leash and was letting another dog tear it up. That is one of the reasons why the case was tossed from court.
    It's really sad that they are trying to say these are her dogs. Is that what everyone was told? If so they lied to ya! When the charges were dropped she would have had the right to get the dogs back but none were alive as per the AC.

15. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

De nile...not just a river in Egypt

16. mastiffsj

mastiffsj Big Dog

Thanks for contacting rescues. According to the shelter director, these are in fact the TNT dogs and they were signed over to the shelter on the 25th of this month. Per the shelter they are in the process of temp testing the dogs and then pending the outcome of the temp tests the will need rescues asap for the dogs.

17. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

Yeah lets trust the AC in that county. They tried to add dogs from another case to the tnt dogs, and that is part of the reason the AC lost the case in court. Believe what you want it's point less to argue:rolleyes:

18. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2009
  19. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

20. Now, now RR, why bring some unrelated "evidence" into this topic?:rolleyes:

RR, I know you opened the thread with the best intentions and out of the goodness of your heart. Your intention is not devalued by anyone's post.
    Please do not take offense where none should be taken. You did the right thing by creating this thread. In the same way, performanceknls did a rightous thing by mentioning what she/he believes to be a fact.

You guys are two good people....OK?:o:cool:

OK, RR's post made me post here so I will say what is on my mind.

Those dogs should be killed...aka..."put to sleep"

I would not care if the dogs were bred by Jesus himself.....those dogs, at least comformation-wise are horrible. If one of you wants to adopt, I am sure there are better conformation dogs in the shelters right now.

Next thing I will hear is someone saying these are Michael Vick dogs....lol