1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Time to say "Hi"

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Phillip, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Phillip

Phillip Pup

Time to say "Hi"

Hey Members -

I screwed up, forgive me. I never introduced myself but instead decided to lurk this site for a few months before joining and when I did, I bombarded a certain member (you know who you are) with tons of PMs asking him question after question in my eagerness to learn. Thank you for your patience man. :)

Time to start over!

Name - Phillip
    Age - 28
    Location - Northwest

My best friend got me into this breed about 5 years ago when he picked up his first dog. He knew little about them and decided to start his own forum (I am not going to say the name but it is one of the larger pitbull dedicated forums on the internet). I started to attend various conformation and weightpull shows (ADBA & UKC). From the start I wanted my own but being in college and living in an apartment I knew I could not provide the right lifestyle a dog like this would need. So I waited. Well earlier this summer I finally got my own place and happened to be talking to a breeder I met years ago who has been very involved in the NW scene for years. They just happened to have had their first litter in years and I went to visit one day leaving with a deposit on the table. He is now 5mos old and my first dive into owning one (I grew up owning Boxers and American Bulldogs as our family dogs). His name is Koa. He is what you would technically call scatterbred. Sorry no pretty peds for the bunch on this little guy.

[​IMG]

(he just got done running through the sprinkler)

What have I learned over the last 3-4 months? I knew that the ADBA and the UKC had different directions but did not find out the true details until I delved deeper this summer. My heart is in the "ADBA style" dogs / game dogs. I like what they are about and by joining this site hope to learn as much as I can. I hope to find a dogmen that can be a mentor as I am willing to put in the time. I approached learning via this site in the wrong way. Barraging certain individuals with PM's in attempts to allude the meaning of a forum and irritate a member in the process. We learn from our mistakes and grow from them.

I hope my research over the next months and years will provide me that knowledge to know what I am doing when selecting my next dog. I love dogs and will always have a dog or two in my life.

Thank you for welcoming me and to the two (you know who you are) who have been kind in guiding me in the right direction, Thanks!

I look forward to being a part of this community.

I am open to any questions so ask away.

Thanks!

2. BustaH

BustaH Top Dog

Re: Time to say "Hi"

I like the pic of ur dog man, welcome!

3. Pit Bull Pride

Pit Bull Pride Big Dog

Hello and welcome:)

4. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

nice to know you id do the same but cant find how to start thread howed you do it?

5. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

nice pup and welcome

6. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

Welcome and thanks for the detailed intro.:) I see that pup is looking good and that Camera is working great.

7. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Hello Phillip and Welcome. We are glad you joined this community.
    Here we strive to maintain the preservation of the breed and to aid in the fight against BSL. We hope you will read the Forum rules before posting.
    There is a ton of knowledge on this site so please use the search feature and look at what we have to offer. If you have a question, please ask.
    Again, we welcome you to Game-Dog and we hope you enjoy your stay with us. [​IMG]

chinasmom

8. cameron

cameron Big Dog

good looking dog welcome

9. Pitless2208

Pitless2208 Big Dog

Welcome to the forum

10. Rocko

Rocko Big Dog