1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Things that make kennel partners fall out.

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Tramplove, Jan 15, 2013.

1. The Saint

The Saint Big Dog

Tramplove, I have never charged for a dog. There was a youngster who showed his interest and commitment and I gave him a dog, didn't think he'd ever make a real dogman as he was a real mommy's boy...15 plus yrs later he made 2 champs and achieved more than I did...not from my stock, but none the less. About 4 months ago I gifted a kennel with a brood bitch and a young male of a year and 4 months old. I got offered countless dogs with ped 2nd to none and the best. Dogs I ever had were given to me as a gift. I had an inbred male which I got as a present from my belated friend David Carroll. His 1st bitch I covered with my male free-of-charge and I can tell you now that half of Cape Town wouldve killed for a pup from that male. So you see what goes around comes around...some people call it Karma, I don't believe in that mumbo jumbo, I call consequence and you are being charged for a breeding from your own stock due to consequence of your initial action. Why sell dogs? When do we start calling dogmen peddlers? Why breed if you can't keep all the dogs...if you don't have partners that can keep some on your behalf? I live in the very south of my country and a partner lives up north, he'll be sending a male down very soon and all I'll be paying is a portion toward the transport. We've got a 3 way split on the transport bill. Conssider that before charging a buddy and partner for a dog.
    JMHO

2. Joe Black

Joe Black Banned

If he had paid top $ for the dogs, it's his right to ask for a stud fee, simple as that.
    You should know my history with partners, trust me it could be a lot worse.

Real friends help each other, no money should be involved, i housed some dogs for others or travelled to pick them up in another country, never did i ask 1 penny, they payed what they should for the travel or the feed but when they asked me how much they should pay me for my time.
    I told them fuck it, i'm just happy i could help you, how do they re-pay that favor, wel next month i'm picking up my pup out of a Gr Ch for free.
    A person don't need partners but real friends

3. babedulce

babedulce Big Dog

I am wondering how most of the comments here fail to address the issue about the shit talking and how shit talking is justified by a "partner" when the first partner charges top dollar for a dog acquiered by the shit talker. I would think that charging top dollar for the stud service would be enough, but the shit talker is taking it a step further with the payback is a bitch scenario and actually going so far as to exhibit a bitter character among the mutual circle of acquaintences and if savvy enough he might actually steer the circle towards his perspective, and even break up the circle of trust based on his behavior.....recipe for further backstabbing.

4. Tramplove

Tramplove Big Dog

BD, you right on the money.

5. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

A man is known by his fruits....you said these are folks you introduced him to. If that is indeed the truth then I would think you have no need to worry about his "shit talking" for you have obviously been dealing with them far longer than he has. If they are actually turning against you in this deal I honestly believe that you should cut all ties, and move on, for they are not cut of the same cloth. Coming from your yard or not that stud is not worth it....besides who really knows how that stud of his is bred, lol.

6. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Peon speak the truth..Just cut ties,bury the hatchet with the guy if u can and just leave it alone.In the end its about the dogs not about YOU.