1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Things that make kennel partners fall out.

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Tramplove, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Tramplove

Tramplove Big Dog

If you would like to chime in please do so. One example I have is a buddy of mine paid me a pretty penny and a prospect for a adult male I bred up. He a damn good one and represents what is behind him in every way. My partner gets the big head and has forgotten who vouched for him. Now he insists on charging me to breed to the male that come from my yard.WTF. He has gone as far as going behind my back and trying to hate on me to those I convinced to let him in. Of course I regret even letting him get my hound. He is also the type to run his mouth to whoever claiming they know about game dogs. If it is the glory in these dogs he wants, he can have all the glory. Where he is being messy is he is bypassing my name and bringing up those who got me started. Now they looking at me like WTF. All I can say is that All Money Aint Good Money. What I have chosen to do is let him make it and keep doing what im doing. Best believe I wont be paying to breed to a hound that comes from me.

2. tubrunwva

tubrunwva Big Dog

Your buddy paid you in full didnt he? If you two had no prior agreement concerning breeding, well then........maybe your buddy feelings were hurt because you charged him a pretty penny, or maybe because you charged him at all. idk maybe your buddy feels like u were more concerned with money because u sold the dog.....idk just saying

3. babedulce

babedulce Big Dog

From the little that I have gathered from some of the groups into these dogs, what is mentioned is one of the rules and the exception always seem to be the gentlemen. Not bashing the community as a whole but this is a dog eat dog world and a gentleman dogman in this world must necessarily operate with a double standard if he is to survive and still maintain dignity.

4. Tramplove

Tramplove Big Dog

He did pay in full and I let what I sold him go then. His interpretation on some things are backwards and should be common sense but that is another story. Dulce you are so right on the money with your assessment. I try to lead by example but some are thick headed. Folk ambitions rather right or wrong will differ even in house. I figure kennel fall outs happen all the time and I just wrote the thread to see other stories of the topic and shared my experience as a starter.

5. Tramplove

Tramplove Big Dog

My spelling is a bit off today. Please excuse.lol

6. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

One thing.......
    I used to be heavily involved with a (former) friends kennel!
    One day he was thinking about a breeding and was looking for a male stud that would fit to his female ped.
    I own a stud from him (that I´ve paid full and have been so satisfied that I paid him some extra on top) he also gave me two dogs for absolutely free. So as he was a little out of money he asked me if I could help him out.
    I promised him to put up as much as I can afford but why he doesn´t consider breeding to the male I got off of him.
    He looked at me, started smiling and asked how we should manage the money issue as he was broke.
    Well as I liked what he did I told him not to ask a single penny of him and so we did.
    See I will be happy if he remembers what I did for him one day, if not, well so be it.
    But if I´m partners / friends with someone, money shouldn´t be a issue at all!

7. The Saint

The Saint Big Dog

Tramplove, this opw I see it:
    If I buy a tv from a manufacturer and its fully paid for, you think yhe manufacturer has a say what I do with my tv or that they could come and collect it anytime to use it as a demo? Are you serious man? If I pay for a dog, its mine and if you want to breed to that dog you're gonna pay, even more so if I'm your buddy and you charged me top dollar!!! If you gave me the dog...what I am about to say has happened... I will let you breed to my dog be it a bitch or male with the dog of your choice and as a once off I'll allow you to take the whole litter unless I've got space, I might take one.
    BUT if I paid top dollar...you better believe that you are going to pay top dollar, breeder or not. Pay or go fly a kite!!!!!!

8. Tramplove

Tramplove Big Dog

Saint I see where you commin from but we differ. There are more details I left out on purpose. But anyway I havent missed a step. Respect your imput though.

9. DOwho???

DOwho??? Big Dog

I turned my brother onto gamedogs, and all but 2 of his dogs came from me for free of course.. Well some yrs ago i was given sincity's lil maggie as a gift from a friend.. As she was cold at the time i figured i would give her to my brother in return for half of her litter to a stud of my choosing and the she would be his completely, no strings.. About a yr after that a different frient gave me a mayday/deadlift/poncho male and i asked my brother if he wanted him and we would breed the 2 together to get my litter and after both dogs would be his.. Needless to sayhe screwed me over and didnt give me nothing... so the male got put to sleep and after it was all said and done he was left with maggie and 1 pup... Karma is a b, now i cut him off from my circle and he has a yard full of well bred, bread eaters... oh and i recently got maggie back now that she is about 8yrs old... and my brother and i are talking some but he can NEVER EVER get another DOG from me...

10. allaboutpitbull

allaboutpitbull Big Dog

this is how I see it bro the man paid top dollar and gave you a dog for the stud so regardless if the dog came from your yard or not he paid for it you have no more say. unless it was agreed prior that you would have breeding rights to said stud .but if ya did not agree on any thing you have no claim on the dog he's probably trying to get some of the money he paid you back .now as for him going around talking mess about you well that's shady but one thing I learned people with no class don't get to far in these dogs they might wezel them self a few good dogs but in the end people see who they really are I had a funny experience something like the one you had well when all was said and done people saw oh boy for what he was a lying cheat. I feel you on how you feeling the dog coming from your yard and what not but its not like you gave him the dog. talk to your boy and see where he is coming from look at the situation from his point of view you never know ya might come to an understanding. my humble opinion

11. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

If you charged me top dollar for the dog and then turn around and want a free stud I'd be like get the fuck outta here too.Maybe he got a thread somewhere saying Damn my supposed kennel partner charged me top dollar for a pup that's fucked up.And to make things worst now he want a free stud.Sounds like he should be offended to me.Maybe the things you not saying rightfully give you reason to feel wronged.but from the outside looking in you r the wrong one to me.my 2 cents

12. Tramplove

Tramplove Big Dog

Not about the money. The money been made back. Was not a pup when sold. This thread
    Not about me but examples of falling out. Respect ur2cents though

13. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

I just had a falling out for a partner treating my animals like shit. Fucked up conditions and completely emaciated. He was caring for some really prized dogs for me.

14. I'll never have a falling out cuz I'll never have a partner. IMO nobody will take care of my dogs like me and I'd never be happy. So I do it all myself and stay happy with everything.

15. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

When u have partners everything should be worked out in advance.I know its easier said then done.I had some good dogs but I lived in the City of Baltimore and couldn't keep them so I became partners with two brothers that had some land in West Virginia.The deal was I would supply the dogs and we didn't sell any of our dogs.They would supply the place to keep the dogs.I was going to move out that way soon. To make a long story short 1 day I drove out to see them and my dogs.They where all gone.I would go out there every week.I never heard from them again.I found out they cleaned out thier business and everything else and just disappeared.They screwed over a lot of people. They had false names and everything. Almost 10 years of work gone. About a year later I got a call from one of the brothers telling me that 3 of my dogs did very well and one exceptionally well but they changed the breedings on them so I couldn't find them.I asked why u call and tell me now.I thought you should know how well u did.I said well thanks for nothing. I explained to him if I ever run into them I will give them no quarter. So be very careful who you trust best friends and family can really take advantage of you. I tell this story because I don't want to see something like this to happen to someone else.

16. NorCalTim

NorCalTim Big Dog

I go out of my way to do my partners/brothers right. I sold a friend a pup for 1/2 price and he lets me use him as a stud for the same cost.

Most issues that come up would also come up in another business/friendship. Only deal with people you really trust. I have a small stack of "contracts" from people who disappeared (people I did not know that well who wanted to work with me). It seems having a written contract is the fastest way never to see someone again.

17. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

It took me having a falling out to see this way of thinking is much better for me & the dogs.

18. dirtybump

dirtybump Pup

Hint : Desolate 1 Kennel !!! I picked the name for a reason !!!

19. ragedog10

ragedog10 Top Dog

Now if you charged your buddy top dollar for the dog, to me it sounds like you did nt really think much of him as a friend or you tried to make a fast buck. Do not take offense I am just going off what you wrote, u call him your partner but you charged him Top dollar so in his mind a stud fee is fair can't say I blame him. Now if you gave him the dog then yeah that would be messed up of him to do. When it comes to partners you gota be on the same page with the same basic goals as a team, my team now is great r we the best no but we r on the same page we basically r a family all r kids r friends birthdays, pool parties what ever, we r close outside of the dogs granted 99% of our convo's are dog related lol. IMO most partner ships fall apart behind money or someone not taking care of a partners dog properly I trust my partners with any one of my hounds and vice versa just my two cents. Ole Man

20. keystone

keystone CH Dog

i agreed with boogie man