1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Thieves Got Me

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by catchkennels, Dec 10, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Yeah. I have seen more success stories lately of people getting their dogs back thanks to microchips. It has mainly been from people who know what it feels like to lose a dog and take them to a vet to get checked, but still not a bad idea.

2. I have heard more success stories lately due to microchips. It is mainly due to a good samaritan that takes the found animal to a vet to get checked, but still not a bad idea.

3. Not sure how that double post happened.

4. old goat

old goat CH Dog

remember there's not to many dogs that look like your .

5. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Same thing I though OG, especially in a small town like that. I'd put up pics that say dog was stolen, might be surprised of results. IDK?

6. Printing some out at work today. I'll slap em up in the local diners this afternoon. We'll see what turn up. I got a few "hot spots" in town i'll be checking out on the regular too.

7. old goat

old goat CH Dog

if you have some money i would put out a reward . i did that 1 time and offered $500 everyone was looking for that dog .

8. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

do you have neighbors to talk to?? My lil hood - everyone knows everyone, and cant get away with that shit here if you in the right crowd. Well wright plate numbers down and all!!
    Waiting for you to post that you got him back man!!

9. I bet they were. Did you ever find your dog?

10. Yeah I hit up a couple of the neighbors close by. Its a close knit community and everyone looks out for everyone.

11. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

thats good - how it should be - got me fingers and toes crossed!!

12. treezpitz

Was watching Judge Mathis yesterday and some lady stole her neighbors boxer dog cuz she thought it wasn't taken care of properly. So, even though they may be your neighbors, I'd be looking closely at everyone. Also, I'd probably contact the local pound and see if he's turned up there. Never know.

13. Thanks mccovy....Right on treez i haven't ruled anyone out yet. I got a hold of the pound this morning and so far nothing. Its run by one guy and he's cool with my fam. so i got him keeping an eye out too.

14. treezpitz

Cool, good luck.

15. Currdog

Currdog Pup

I sure hate to that!!! Hopefully he turn up! Just before thanksgiving someone came to my place and turned out my big hogs I had in one pen and threw both my pits in a different pen with 4 hogs from 80 to 100 lbs to watch the show I guess and left em in there. The dogs killed the 4 hogs. They were so exhausted and packed with mud it's was appalling. Temps were barley in the thirties and dogs were almost froze to death time we got to them. Took 6 hours just to get them back to being responsive. Some people!!! Good luck hope you get him back!

16. damn man sounds like you had your hands full for a little while. glad to hear you got em nursed back. you butcher the hogs after that??

17. Currdog

Currdog Pup

No I had my hands full then and wasn't worried bout the pigs. But when I did get to them they were too chewed up. Just hauled em off. I was so pissed it wasn't a hog I was wanting to skin. Dogs finally back to normal aft a week but no sign of my big hogs. Guess they just left out. Just glad we found bulldogs when we did or I don't think they would have lived.

18. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

Wow some people are so screwed up.. I was told by a breeder 2 put up signs Sayn Smile 4 the camera... And he hasnt had a problem since doing so.. Go figure....

19. treezpitz

I 2nd the "smile for the camera" sign but I'd definitely have the cameras to back up the sign lol. Some people will call your bluff if they don't see cameras. Most surveillance dvrs have remote viewing so you can view your cams from your phone, ipad, computer, etc.

20. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Dog thieves are the scurge of the earth. They are insensate pieces of shit. I am sorry and feel for you, as it is a heartache one can't describe succinctly.

I used processes of elimination, logic, opportunities and likelihoods, and found out who did it. Believe me, there are ways to make pieces of shit like that suffer dearly without putting yourself in any type jeopardy.
    If and when you find your dog, look into it. They have it comin', and when it becomes noticed that retribution prevailed, word will get around, and your chances of further attempts will dissipate greatly. Best of luck, Catchkennels.