1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

The time has finally come...

Discussion in 'R.I.P.' started by Miss Conduct, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

Today i will lay my girl JezeBelle to rest. This will be incredibly hard, but i know that i am making the right decission.

R.I.P. my pretty girl, i will miss you. :(

[​IMG]

2. 215pitts

215pitts Top Dog

SORRY to hear you made this decision. I too have put a friend down and know how it feels. RIP JezeBelle!

3. pitbull9704

pitbull9704 Big Dog

I know how you feel, I too had to put down a great friend of mine 3 years ago. My heart and prayers go out to you. R.I.P. JezeBelle :( Gone, but not forgoten

4. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

RIP JezeBelle. Sorry for your loss, MC.

5. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

sorry to hear that, do u mind me asking why? Either way RIP JB

6. AKPit

AKPit Big Dog

What a beautiful girl :( RIP JezeB.... :(

7. RightHandImp

RightHandImp Big Dog

My heart goes out to ya MC

RIP JezeBelle

8. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

When i first got her at 8 months old, she was just terrified of everything (besides dogs lol). I tried and tried to socialize her and "let her come around"... But even after 3 yrs, she still cowers to me, and i have NEVER laid a harsh hand on her.

Well, i can work with fear, but the fear started to turn into fear aggression. And that is something that i won't deal with. I gave her time and chances again, but i am just fooling myself. As much as i dont want to do it because i love her, i know its the right decision... :(

9. Is it too late? Did you do it already? Have you truly made up your mind? I would love to be near you so i can give it a try. I understand what you are saying in regards to fear aggression though. It can get dangerous to have dogs with this predisposition.

She looks very cute.

10. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

damn, the mystories of life i guess, who knows what happened to her during her first 8 months of life, but looks like it left a lasting impression. Well if i was in ur shoe's i would do the same thing, although im not as compassionate so it would have been done a while ago, either way RIP JB

11. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

No she isnt gone yet. She is being PTS in 4 hours. I have her bellymate brother who is nothing like her, and i know all the other bellymates and the parents - she is the only on like this. I love her ped, and the dogs she came from, but theres no way id pass something like this on.

If you were closer to me Rocky I'd def. let you try. But i am in UT, which is quite far away from you.

12. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

RIP JezeBelle. That sucks to hear MC. I just had to put ole Gus down too. Thats the hardest part of owning bulldogs. :(

13. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Sounds like you are doing what's best for her and the whole community of APBTs.

14. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

Yup, i agree. My X bf told me that i am a "murderer" and killing her because she is an "inconvenience"... That was a f*ck you moment for sure... :mad:

15. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Damn. Lots of sad news today. Its never easy having to euth for a sketchy temperament where your neighbor with the Lab mix would probably just shoulder the liability and keep the dog. But that's what sets a true breed fancier apart from someone who thinks only of themself. You do what's the best for the breed, and that means making some uncomfortable decisions. You have my sympathy and my condolences.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2008
  16. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Sorry to be reading this. Wish things could have been different for you and her. Goodbye Jezzy. Have a sweet hereafter.

17. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Sorry to hear this..RIP JB

18. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

Thanks everyone, i really appreciate it. It was really hard (i REALLY wanted to turn and fly out of the parking lot once i got there), but it went pretty smooth. Though i am upset, i know i did the right thing...

19. Dtwo

Dtwo Big Dog

Awww - I am so sorry.
    You did what was right for her and the breed.
    Now she is fear free. . .RIP girl.

20. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

MC, forgive me but I just read this. I'm so very sorry! :(

Putting down a physically healthy dog, a loving dog, but a temperamentally unstable dog is very hard to do....especially when the dog is having a "good" day.

I know you loved her so very much and I'm certain she had a happier 3 years of life with you than she would have ever had with anyone else....if she even had a chance to experience life at all. You did all you could for her, but sadly in the end sometimes it just is not enough.

It seems a lot of internet friends and close friends are losing dogs lately and it breaks my heart. I wish we could save them all, but alas in a sense we are.....we are allowing them to go humanely and painlessly to the other side before they are punished and publicly flogged for unbecoming actions.

((hugs))