1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

...the STAFF cataylst...

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by ELIAS'PISTOLA, Aug 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

It seems that alot of threads have ran a steer from the subject and refer to staffordshire blood that has been breed to gamestock and helped it more than it hurt it...Ofcoarse the older the source, the better chances of the breeding clicking...
    Earl Tudor utilized the early century x-pert staff in his old blood, which went back to his favorite type off bulldog,the HENRY type...
    He knew what he was looking for and bred his stock to the x-pert line to capaitalize on it... Some years later and rumor is that the original owners of the nigger dog claimed that it indeed off Dibo, but favored Earls ol henry stock of which the dam was to be...
    Dont know how true it is but the early EARL theory seemed to work for him in recreating that ol HENRY type dog of destructiveness that he was looking for...
    Some half century later and still different staff cataylist have being used...
    In the late seventies early eighties rumors of x-pert staff carver crosses dominatining the compition in NY, some tellers say they wer big,meanand destructive, but werent game...

ANY SUCCESS??? any other gamelines with the STAFF as a cataylst...
    PLEASE SHARE...

On another note, the creator of the x-pert line, Dr.ORMBSY who probably has bred dogs longer than anyone in dog history next to the Colbys... Its ironic how the staff people want thier dogs to look tough but dont understand a days work and what that might intell, well Dr.ORMBSY, yes I said the doctor... had quite a spatt with Pete Sparks about reporting his dog beating a monkeyin a match, yes i said monkey...
    And as editor of YF&M,Mr.Sparks refused to print the report in the fifties, some of the staff people are more cuckoo than they think the dogfighters are...

2. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

3. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

4. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Elias it was rumored that Earl imported dogs from England which were indeed staffs which was what he called the old Henry blood and yes I kinda believe it..I am probably one of the few that have saw a family of staffs that were match worthy , every single one.And what Earl says about the Henry dogs is same as I saw..Mouth for days , short fuse and not what you would keep as a house pet.I saw this man loose his whole yard over a female staff that got to a kid..And it could have been deadly but luckily his wife was at home .

5. Bamaman, were this family of match worthy staffs you speak of, English dogs or AST?

6. c_note

c_note CH Dog

You want one don't ya?! Lol

7. c_note

c_note CH Dog

Why didn't you get one Bama? Did you have pit bulldogs at the time?

8. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I could have got one very easily but I was a young man at the time and was never around much...12 to 16 hrs a day contruction.

9. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

They were English and a few made thier way from Florida to my neck of the woods in south Alabama.This was a long time ago.

10. c_note

c_note CH Dog

Time is a killer

11. Thanks for the reply Bamaman

12. c note, You're fu@?#n right I want one! lol

13. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Always a good read from you Bamaman...Thanks...
    Short fuse seems to be the storey with those freaks, but in deeper water they often go back to the shallow end...
    CH NUT NUT and his half siblings off the top side were known to quit, Tyrone who was a half sibling to NUT NUT from the bottem side never had to...
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [194673] :: PARKERS NUT NUT
    Compare the peds and irish Jerrys Janie is both the dam of NUT NUT and granddam to TYRONE on the topsides of thier peds...
    Why the daughter of grandchampion Weehunt, Janie was bred to the ruffian blood, IDK???
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [309147] :: BAKARIĀ“S CH TYRONE (4X WINNER,, 4X BIS & POR)1
    Hardcores champion Redman got lost during a keep while being conditioned to go into the great Tyrone...
    Would have been one for the ages to see any compition as they were in thier own class...ACE vs FREAK...

Sorry, if I could type better it would spell CATALYST and if I could spell better it I wouldnt have typed CATAYLST...

I personally wouldnt want the NUT NUT catalyst, but would take some Tyrone, specificaly from Lexus Coupe...

Another wonder to me is The late ART fro camelot started with big red staffs that were said to be fast for bigger dogs and game to boot, later he relized those big dogs were far and few and hard to find real comp that big and moved on to smaller bulldogs, but not to far removed as he might have known something
    about those big red dogs that we didnt... One to admire, not my cup of tea so to say, but than agian her sire produced bulldogs with a fence pole...
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [328117] :: .........PEACHES

14. bobm

bobm Pup

Jackson's ch Bocefuss (Stompanato x Art's Missy) was beat by Smitty's Porkchop, a tight bred Koehlers Bull (sorrells) xPeterson Josie dog that had a little shot of O.L. Hill's american staff blood in him. But then again, that Bull Josie blood has improved anything it ever touched, lol.

15. bobm

bobm Pup

It was a respectable long fight too if i remember right

16. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Good post, Bobm...
    One of the most noted, said by Earl Tudor as one of the gamest he ever seen....
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [9426] :: <FONT COLOR=GREEN>FOX'S ALVIN THE DOG
    Being of Lightner, Aris and Royce blood with a quater of the Ruffian STAFF blood...

Alot of ol Tudor and Colby blood was periodically added to the beggining of the Ruffian line...
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [15289] :: RUFFIAN BLACK BEAUTY OF HARWYN
    The headlight Hal dog looks alot likethe pics of Tudors early dogs, as well as Colbys, wonder if thats why Tudor excepted them so much...
    Interesting that Hals in Alvin the greats pedigree....
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [15271] :: RUFFIAN HEADLIGHT HAL

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [15179] :: CALAMITY ANNE
    I never knew about the Ruffian DOG who edigree says the same, Tudor and Colby...
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [15182] :: THE RUFFIAN
    I like how the Riffian DOG was bred and some of the stuff they bred to him, but dont like what it evloved into...
    In todays standards, can an old line of staff still be a catalyst???

17. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Another note is after Tudors successful run with his line, and at the end of Carvers endevors a mysterios black and white dog is at stud on bulldog hill...
    stompanato dog - Google Search
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [150] :: <B>P. CARVER'S STOMPANATO

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [9426] :: <FONT COLOR=GREEN>FOX'S ALVIN THE DOG

Carver admired Tudors succcess and often imitated Earls style, down to the rumor of Stompanato being part STAFF...
    But that couldnt be true if Ed Crenshaw stated Stompanato was off his brood...

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [246870] :: STOMPANTO

Who knows how Stompanato was really bred as he produced, Rascal had a similar or the same ped as Stompanato but was never rumored to have any STAFF...
    This dog down from Rascal had some off the bitch the salty dog was bred to...
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [84342] :: CANNON'S CASHES CLAY 1XW
    Bad dude ped is interesting as the blood Tudor valued was heavy in the Salty Dog, and the Staff dogs with similar blood is what he was bred to for The Bad Dude...
    Who must have been worthy if Crossland bred his champion brood to him , also bred her to Rascal...
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [6417] :: WEST'S BAD DUDE

18. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Anything is possible but it could also backfire and is 1 or maybe 2 good ones out of a whole litter good enough for you?

19. Wally123

Wally123 Big Dog

Tudor did prefer the English dogs but they certainly weren't staffs as we know them, just a certain strain of the Bulldog that was imported over.

20. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Perhaps you are right as I am not saying that I am .I am not saying that I'm wrong either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.