1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

the oppertunity to create a breed to fit yourself and others like you

Discussion in 'Photography, Artwork & Videos' started by BIGEASY, Dec 12, 2012.

1. BIGEASY

BIGEASY Pup

for many years ive put thought and understanding into my dogs and have realized a few things that could really help . i came up with an idea that would be of great assistance... learning about different breeds and understanding the creation of existing breeds have given me time to think of a dog i can bring into this world. this idea was deeply inspired from my time around bulldogs and strenghthened as my passion for the game grew.

things i wish i could change about my dogs..
    -they eat so damn much lol.

-they are too threatening in appearence
    (lol please understand i stay in a very family oriented vietnamese family so it helps if the dog can win my moms heart)

-they take up space in the yard where my family could grow their asian herbs.. haha well, much of this is my fault considering i wanted these dogs knowing the sacrafices i had to take.. but lets just say i can meet them halfway in a perfect world..

-but cutting to the chase, i wanted to make a dog that was hella small, dominant with peers, but humble towards their master, gentle to young children and old folks, alert to rodents and cats (my mom is scared of cats so the more i can keep away, the better)

- i want them to be small like a french bulldog or a patterdale. somewhere in between.

keeping what i want and eliminating traits i dont... i do not intend to go crazy on chew more than i can swallow cause im doing pretty smooth atm.

oh yeah, and a fat face with chinky eyes.. :D would anybody wanna give the final product a testdrive? lol

2. Before I had got down to your sentence on French bulldog and patterdale I was going to suggest you look into a patterdale lol.. research patterdale cross English Staffordshire terrier see what you find..

3. BIGEASY

BIGEASY Pup

4. staffybull.jpg Was thinking more along these lines.. that pic u got wld be 1gen cross of the 2 different breeds perhaps.. duno ive never personally made my own breed hehe so you wana use French bulldog yeah?

5. BIGEASY

BIGEASY Pup

yeah, i always liked the roundness of those things. my bitch in my yard is a carver female who is round like the God of fortune who is often mistaken as buddha lol.. she is a fireball of energy so i dont see why not ya know? and that dog looks badass haha wouldnt mind havin that in the pot

6. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Pitter patter - is it not?

7. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I would say get you a very small game bred APBT,or a patterdale.I used to have a really nice Boston Terrier that almost fit your description,Boston's eyes are far to bulgy usually but this one had smaller eyes than normal and for an ankle biter (she was about 20 pounds) was on fire,lol. She would kill cats,chickens,anything she was big enough to and she'd probably take on something she wasn't. You couldn't have her with another dog at all,lol The only thing going against what you desribed,is most fat faced dogs people breed to have those stupid bulgy eyes.

8. BIGEASY

BIGEASY Pup

yeh I believe so, I read that somewhere in my quest through the web haha its kinda catchy

9. BIGEASY

BIGEASY Pup

lol man I came so close to getting a Boston yesterday! Four month old, how great would that have been. What happened to your dog? Sounded like a bestfriend if ya ask me

10. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

She finally got old and died unfortunately..I still have a Boston running around my house right now though.I like the little Boston terriers.Also have a Jack Russel,who are also nice dogs,especially if you get the ones from working parents.

11. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Here's a pic of one of my current Boston terriers.( I have one here,I gave my parents a couple) She's a lot smaller than the old one I had,but she's still young,about a year and really an energetic,nice dog.[​IMG]

12. BIGEASY

BIGEASY Pup

sorry to hear that man, really sucks, no matter how good a life they lived if only there were for them to experience. hate how my bulldogs cant grow old with me. that female in the pic looks like a snapshot of a hangover haha good looker!

13. ATEXAN

ATEXAN Big Dog

Jagged Terrier

TexasTrackers

[​IMG]

No offense but leave the APBT alone

14. BIGEASY

BIGEASY Pup

whatchu mean by that homie

15. jacko

jacko CH Dog

have you looked at English staffordshire bull terriers ?

16. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i dont understand why someone would go out and create more designer mutts.
    arent there enough breeds already?... you cant find one that meets your needs?

17. BIGEASY

BIGEASY Pup

i have, my friend has a few. he offered me a pup but i aint got the time to have anything else on my yard atm . thanks though!

18. BIGEASY

BIGEASY Pup

tbh ive been a big dog fanatic for years and have read through my dog breed bibles as well as gone further into it by talking to people who dealt with the breeds first hand. and sadly not, not as much of a breed, more of a family of dogs that my family will enjoy just as much as i enjoy my bulldogs. lol and ive had amazing mutts when i was just rescueing strays. but being in a large vietnamese community, i always hear their stories of why they cant have the dog they want because this and that, so i plan to give back with a dog that will be a great addition to the community. this will be done in careful steps that my team can manage. Ever seen a fu dog statue? thats what i want but the size of a frenchy or a patty. ill paint a picture of my image and post it up soon.

19. killadev300

killadev300 Big Dog

breedign for looks never ends well..... some sort of terrier should do you well maybe even a patterdale from working stock the nutall dogs work well i hear

20. ATEXAN

ATEXAN Big Dog

Real simple, you should not try and improve or mess with the apbt by breeding it with a cur dog (any other breed). As someone else said the dog your looking for probably already exists. If you want to create a designer dog, knock your socks off just leave the apbt out of the recipe. Thats my opinion. You should check out the info I posted about the Jagged Terrier. Good luck.