1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

The greatest thoroughbred .......ever?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tigerlines, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

[video=youtube_share;SjAYqWS9FQ0]http://youtu.be/SjAYqWS9FQ0[/video]

2. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Amazing! Beautiful Animals Love horses..

3. Cadibuck

Cadibuck Big Dog

That animal had a beautiful race. Greatest ever? I don't know about that..In my opinion the greatest horse was Secretariat.

4. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

sea bird II, nijinsky, secretariat, brigadier gerard would all be in the running too for greatest ever but frankel is an amazing animal, definately one of the greats.

5. My vote goes to Big Red (Secretariat). The greatest race horse ever.

6. babedulce

babedulce Big Dog

I love me an underdog, and 2009 kentucky derby winner Mine That Bird proved to be the best underdog in the longest time, besides being the only gelding to win since the early 1900's. Imagine if you had the audacity to place a 50 to 1 bet for this horse Dead last half way through the race to win by several lengths.

[video=youtube;Hv8x9x5A49s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv8x9x5A49s[/video]

7. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

that was amazing 50-1 OMG!

8. babedulce

babedulce Big Dog

Mine That Bird showed and placed preakness and belmont, and if Pimlico was not so short a track Mine That Bird would have taken Rachel Alexandra, another history maker in her own right.

9. babedulce

babedulce Big Dog

[video=youtube;TD9AwA-N4EU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD9AwA-N4EU[/video]

10. Icepick

Icepick Banned

Cant argue that... What about the oldies of Man O' War or even Seabiscuit?

11. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

Hit the nail on the head. I'm not a huge horse fancier, but that was an absolute machine of an animal. I appreciate all performance animals doing what they were bred for, and doing it well.

12. StosMan

StosMan Big Dog

Don't forget Zenyatta!

[video=youtube_share;7qUZXtTzT6M]http://youtu.be/7qUZXtTzT6M[/video]

13. Icepick

Icepick Banned

I'm not real big into the ponies, but I did like Zenyatta. Always came from behind

14. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

They say secretariat was on roids. autopsy reviled its heart to be twice the normal size of a regular houses heart. very suspicious being it broke so many records and still has some that haven't been broken. he still was a great horse regardless. if i was a incontrol of sports i would have steroids to be a optional drug not something illegal. thats another thread though lol..

15. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

"They" say all sorts of things....it could be true just as well as it could be false, but all the roids in the world (anabolic or catabolic) won't do shit without the work.

16. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

ohhh yes it will lol. especially in horses. were not talking gameness were talking of racing lol

17. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

The greatest was shergar,he also made a great steak +dog food......no jokeing a-side he was a great,,,also red-rum

18. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

Roids won't increase gameness, lol. In any living organism steroids will do nothing unless work is put in.

19. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

your dense, i never said it increases gameness. horses run on flight or fright responses which are natural to them. a horse in the back would be the one to possibly get eaten, so they have the natural urge to be at the front to lead the way. i said it will increase the speed of the horse, but you are right, work is what is needed. at the same time who is going to bring an on worked horse to a race lol. they all have to be worked. steroids in horse racing was very common and it did increase the horses performance. if i was to rank the best horses it would be from the 90's on IMO.

20. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

Yeah, I am dense, no denying that. I don't know much about the horses, and really dont care to so it's not that important to me. They all do need to be worked if the folks behind them plan on being competitive. Roids do increase an animals performance to an extent, but if you polish shit you still have shit at the end of the day.