1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

The Bulldog Blacklist

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by KuttersKru, Feb 20, 2009.

1. KuttersKru

KuttersKru Top Dog

Note: The purpose of this thread is not to sling mud or a petty flame war, but to inform people of who isn't as much as a friend of these dogs as they claim to be, or people who you've found to be just plain nasty (like BSL proponents). I feel that it's necessary information not just to owners of the ABPT and all others known as "Pit Bulls", but to those that would like to acquire a dog, are new to the breed, or are simply friends of the bulldog. If you've come here for the plain ol' purpose of hating because you got a dog from someone you didn't like it because it wasn't drivey or something, I encourage you to park your waaahmbulance somewhere else. NO DIRECT KENNEL BASHING

With THAT out of the way, ever seen or heard something that you tried to put 2 and 2 together with and it just wasn't adding up to 4? Just who is on your respective bulldog blacklists, whether it be for severe misrepresentation of the breed or the hellbent will to kill off these dogs? I need a name and a reason. Quotes are nice, very very nice

For me the two currently at the top of my list are both the HSUS and PeTA, closely followed by people who seem to think it's cool to let thier dogs run around unsupervised with no leash or run tetherless in an area with a clearly jumpable fence. None of which need no real explination but some quotes might help

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2009
  2. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

I let my dog run around with no leash in my yard supervised. My yard doesn't have a fence either. He does however wear an e-collar which if turned up all the way will stop him in his tracks and make his ass come back. I have never had to do this this because he listens to me and stays right or with in a good range. I carry a leash and if I feel it is needed will throw it on him. If a dog comes in my yard and my dog goes for him I will with all my power try to stop him but if I don't make it and the other dog gets it then that is the other owners fault not mine. On the street he is on leash though.

3. KuttersKru

KuttersKru Top Dog

I meant unsupervised, though e collars have personally done jack squat for any dog I owned :p

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2009
  4. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

His e-collar is very strong. Maybe you just haven't got a strong enough one.

5. Nell_Bell

Nell_Bell Big Dog

The people who let their dogs on flexi leashes run up to my dog cause they think it is funny/cute really grind on my last nerve. One day it won't be so funny if she decides it is time to turn it on and the arthritis is acting up and I can't hold her back well enough. BTW, I own 2 such yappy dogs in addition to my pit and I keep them away from other dogs, large or small, unless the owner indicates it is ok to approach and I know the other dogs. Even dogs you know can have an 'off' day so I always ask.

6. Crystal621

Crystal621 Big Dog

People who take their APBT to a dog park.

7. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

these people that let their dogs run loose up and down the road all day harassing anyone that comes down it. then they have the nerve to look at me like i'm crazy b/c i'm running with my dog (my dog is leashed). they act shocked that my dog wants to get at their mutt when their mutt runs out to the middle of the road barking and growling at my dog.

8. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

(not necessarily bulldog related but...)

i personally am tired of people who just let their dogs run free (roam) regardless of breed.
    it is a huge problem here. just 2 days ago a rat terrier killed one of my roosters. when i confronted the owner of the dog his solution was "you got a BB gun?next time she does it- shoot the pee out of her"
    my old timer has almost caught a few of the intruders-including a GSD that was stalking the birds, he (myself right behind him) chased that dog clear across the pasture (100acres)
    im about to unleash the blue monster on these dogs, im seriously fed up

9. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

I was walking hemi today. And this woman who was jogging with her cocker spaniel mutt ran up on us today. Hemi of course did not take it well. She pissed me off did not even apologize. It must be a southern thing. Sometimes I tell you:mad:

10. mikem

mikem Pup

my neighbor lets his 14 yr old collee off th leash and its an accident waiting to happen

11. Where my dad lives, a lot of people just let their dogs roam free, which was actually pretty dangerous because it's a rural area, and the ranchers WILL shoot any dog that messes with their livestock. When I was a kid there was one dog in particular we had a real problem with. It was our next door neighbor's little 35 pound German Shorthaired Pointer that would come tearing down the road and attack our rescued Pit puppy Rosco (who was ALWAYS on a leash) every time my little brother took him for a walk. Poor Rosco would just roll over and cry. This went on for three years. THREE YEARS! Well one day Rosco decided to turn on...
    So neighbor lady calls my dad SCREAMING, saying that he needs to learn how to control his dog, and that her dog was going to the vet now because her ear was torn and bleeding. So basically it's okay for her dog to attack a defenseless little puppy, but when said defenseless (now adult) dog fights back, WE'RE the ones who need to learn how to control our dog!!! :rolleyes:

...but she never let her dog run loose again :D

12. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

Naw it aint a southern thing its a RUDE thing. Some people are just rude she thinks that she has a cocker and you have the pit so you would be at fault. I think a cocker is one of the most likley to bite a person also Next time tell her to keep her monster dog away from your sweet Hemi that beast is making him scared.

13. ANCHOR

ANCHOR Guest

i constantly had trouble while walking my dogs on a lead. every 2nd, 3rd house i came across, a dog would come running out to have a go. i must have looked an idiot, picking up my bulldog so he/she wouldnt get a hold of the other dog lol. the ass owner would come out and say, "its ok, he wont hurt" i gave up being nice and started giving them a mouth full, because this was just happening every day. i got with the local dog catcher and asked him about liability if something did happen. he told me i was completely in the right. he made a few visits and things settled down during the week while he was in town. on the weekends, same ol thing. one day i was not quick enough and one came out at us to quick. my little bitch i was walking at the time got on its nose real good. this thing screaming like a stuck pig, me looking around hopeing no one is looking and i break her off real quick and give the thing a help back up the drive way with my no.9. i got the crap blasted at me by the owner and told to walk out in the middle of the road where i belong lol... the dog catcher comes to see me and has been told my dog came up there drive way and attacked their dog. im lucky that he see's truth when it is spoken and the owner of the other one copped a fine that time, lol..do you think it stopped them, Nope, they were at it again along with a few others, i decided enough is enough, geez, i cant even walk my friggen dog. a good buddy came to visit and brought his dog to go for a walk, he had a good god dam chuckle to him self and went home. turns out those dogs are locked in there yards for now atleast, and no mr.dog catcher ive never seen a dog like that around here lol....

thanx for letting me get that off my chest.:D
    D'S

14. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

I don't stand for that shit. If I am taking the dog for a walk and someone walks up on us I will warn them. My dog didn't have a problem before but ever since he hit 8 months he will allow a female to come over but if it is a male he goes nuts. Anyways if they don't take my warning then it is their own fault. If their is a loose dog well then I will do my best but I am not getting bit to save some other guys mutt. I go down the beach (off season) and let him off but we just move with the flow and stay away from everyone else.

15. New2Game

New2Game Pup

i had a problem with 2 dogs. a huge golden retriever and his partner in crime , a little yapper dog. This golden was really aggressive, even barked at me. he got right up in my dogs face and i kicked him right in the nose, not too hard, i didnt want to hurt him, but needless to say he doesnt bark around either of us anymore. sometimes they just need to find out that they dont rule the universe. i cant let my dogs handle their business so i have to, boy do i want to let my doberman on those dogs.

16. Jefferson

Jefferson Big Dog

put BAD RAP on that list. One of the Vick dogs they got big money for taking in was allowed to run around in the street with no leash on. Yep, he got hit by a car and killed. Idiots. Did they then return the unused money? Of course not

17. mastiffsj

mastiffsj Big Dog

Best Friends Animal Society...while they publicly do some good for the breed, they do not understand the breed and I truly believe they do everything they do for the fame and fortune, NOT for the animals. I know of several high profile cases where Best Friends offered to take dogs (pit bulls) and then dropped them once they were out of the spotlight and had received the donations that were supposed to go towards these dogs.

I know of a few different rescue groups that will euthanized DA dogs, pit bull specific rescue groups, and I know of other rescue (pit bull specific) groups that have very questionable practices regarding the breed...thus my no longer being involved with rescue groups period.

The animal shelter here will not even place pit bulls on the adoption floor (viewable by the public) unless they get along with other dogs.

18. Jefferson

Jefferson Big Dog

Thats F'd up[ about Best Friends. They are the b iggest hypocrites of all

19. Marty

Marty Guest

20. Turner

Turner Big Dog

Did you read some of the comments on that? People are so odd... look, Game-Dog is in a comment!! lol

"Allie has quite the connections. She sounds like she is in the thick of things for sure.

"Having spoken to quite a few old dog men this past year alone- I truly feel respect for them. The way they recall their dogs- like members of the family- tells me they love them. And, although I do not condone dog fighting I feel that if it were legal and carried on with vets and judges etc then the game would be better off, because many street thugs who do not love the dogs would not pay the taxes, deal with the judges etc."

RESPECT for these psychopaths! This is as nauseating as "wiggle butts".

http://www.game-dog.com/forums/showthread.php?p=301700#post301700

It was fascinating reading how vigorously she defended Verdin even AFTER he pled guilty! The rest of the G-D scum were very critical of Verdin, openly that is. They do have to keep up appearances.

http://www.game-dog.com/forums/showthread.php?p=297569#post297569

I have seen this same kind of stuff with Cherie Graves on G-D. I know she was soliciting donations for Floyd. Maybe Allie is poised to become the next Cherie."