1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

The best dogs in your life.

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by olddog, Mar 19, 2014.

1. olddog

olddog Big Dog

Think about the best dogs you ever had. How did you come by them? The best dogs I ever had were given to me by their breeder! Deal was if I did not like them or could not keep them for what ever reason they went back to the breeder. Most all (except for 1) the dogs I ever paid good money for turned out to be junk! LOL !!! I bred a couple of good dogs that I liked a lot but was never in the position to be a large scale breeder w/ enough time and space to be able to build up my own line. How about you ?

Olddog

2. keystone

keystone CH Dog

how many years you are with this breed ......??
    when did you met that breeder who gave you the dogs and made that appointment with you .
    what is a ok deal
    before you bought that junk or after ?

3. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I've had some good ones given to me and placed with me. I've purchased some as well.

Sincerely Yours, Cajun

4. young muscle

young muscle Big Dog

I had some I would consider my best
    and others I would call my favorite

5. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

That's true

Sincerely Yours, Cajun

6. olddog

olddog Big Dog

Keystone - I've only been with this breed for just over thirty five years and still learning. Had as many as 17 dogs and as few as 1. The breeders that gave me dogs/pups I knew well and knew their dogs. The dogs I bought were mainly in the begining of my years w/ bulldogs and I went on what others said about their dogs and the pedigrees. Your last question(s) I'm not sure how to answer? An OK deal is a breeder standing behind their dogs and me standing on my word to that breeder. I guess if I had foreknowledge of what was junk and what wasn't I wouldn't have gotten them. I do however have 20/20 hindsight and tried to learn from my mistakes.

Olddog

7. keystone

keystone CH Dog

ok old dog .........
    yes learning everyday

8. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

Well said ! I agree 100% young muscle......

9. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

OLDDOG, good answer. An OK deal is a breeder standing behind their dogs and me standing on my word to that breeder.

As for me the best dogs I've had were given to me. All those I've bought with the exception of my youngin I have now are no longer. Luckily I haven't spent much $ on dogs @ all & nothing over $500 either. I've been blessed to have contacts that either Give me dogs or are willing to let me take charge of them. Now that I have my litter I hope to not have to spend $ again. But we all know that's not a reality. lol

10. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I think Young Muscle made the right differential. I've had more than a few that happened to overcome odds to accomplish what they did, and those that were keepers and produced their asses off. Favorites and best can also, often be the same dogs.

11. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Well said!!

12. usmcsalt

usmcsalt Pup

One was bought ...
    one I bred myself ...
    My MENTOR & FRIENDS gave me the rest of them ....
    SEMPER FIDELIS

13. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Best dogs can come from any where, as good dogs are where you find them period LOL

14. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

True, Speedo. But that saying, IMO should be extended with "But you are more likely to find them in some places than in others." LOL

15. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Ah yeah exactly TDK.

16. keystone

keystone CH Dog

But you are more likely to find them in some places than in others."-
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    yes ..............

17. art

art Big Dog

I been around few dam good dogs I own 2 good ones one was some what unknown breed but he was the best I ever own I put him up there with best I ever put a coller on he was free later on was stolding 2nd dog was free not the best but I think I can breed to get few dam good dogs put she was free to and the free dogs better then the top shelf curs and I mean curs.............but lot good dog come with bad luck why I don't have dogs from the ones I leard from and liked thay ant around due to shady plp I think it bc plp don't wont see the next man at hes best that y my frist ownd monster was stold

18. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Best dog I ever owned was a gift given to me after J of strictly biz couldn't keep him. Best bitch I ever owned I bought as a grown dog for a reasonable price.

19. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Big Dog

Best dog I ever owned I paid $400.00. He turned out to be an "ace" said by some, and produced very well. I have spent upwards of 2k to get garbage. I probably will never own another dog that doesn't have my 400.00 dog in the pedigree or a relative at the very least.

20. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Yes you will. A relative, at least. That's a promise.