1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

The Best Available to You

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by YoungLion, Mar 24, 2014.

1. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

ps:..in a very short time there was more pit's being breed and imported which quickly out-numbered native game dog's...

2. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

There is a best for everyone. and the quality of that one is in the eyes of the beholder and can vary greatly!!.
    Diferend countries and geografic located dogs ore groop of dogs al have there 15 min of fame..
    At time the hardest comp of dogs used to be in Texas, and later somewhere els. in the eurly 80,s uptil the eurly 90,s . some if not the hardest comp was in the lowlands and the uk in europe. later due to the ban of dogs thise obviusly changed to germany and eastern europe, and probely back to the usa again..

Good dogs are where you find them and thats the world over. BUT from my point of vieuw across the line the ""best"" gene pool can still be found in the USA... Altho the Historicel way of keeping and breeding and above all ""LIVING"" these dogs in the usa have faded and is fading with the retiremends and death of the legends of the past.

Today it is simply mutch more dificuld to be able to do it the way it used to be done. breeding tegnics and knolige isend passed on and ore understoot bij the modern pepsi cola generation the way it should be... No more real famelie yards who represend the ins and outs from the man behind them.
    new owners and breeders names in every generation bred!!. To much best to best breedings due to lack of understanding how to breed dogs.
    last but not least to awnser the post""the best availeble to you"" wel my own and the Fantastic gene pool of G.Hammonds.
    my advice go get some 40+years of hard work genes from the Dogman who are still out there who are STIL living it, befor they are al gone. these Best availeble gene pools are getting less and less availeble..

3. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

....agree with the young generation don't know or think they know better,,but in saying that,,everybody went thru that age,,and in every generation,it just take's a few with the knolwedge to do what's right....as with anything in life../?????ie there is i'm sure a few good young kennels out-there....true if ya get the chance to get some of the old genes/etc...grab-them......

4. keystone

keystone CH Dog

,,but in saying that,,everybody went thru that age
    --------------------------------------------------
    you shure evrybody went thru lol

5. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

....ya on the ball to-day ks.....s-pose i'm still there...lol.....

6. YoungLion

YoungLion Big Dog

Great post and this was along the lines of my pals reasoning. And while hypothetically being in such a position would give one a BETTER selection , 6 continents do is not all inclusive. So that elusive term BEST would still be subject to what was available to such a person. Seeing is believing but none of us can honestly claim to have seen ALL the WORLD has to offer. Some of the BEST dogs on earth will forever be the BEST kept secret. In some unheard of place bred by God knows who you can bet there are some aces we will never SEE with our eyes.This is often why some are shocked when an unknown wildcard upsets a top seated well known favorite in any sport. I just warned my friend not to think more highly of any stock than any other who is breeding with PROPER standards as it relates to the breed. Ego aside even my general preferred method of selective breeding best to best is flawed by subjection and whats available to us. And many have seen the so called best get beat by better or even sub par on a good day. This is a hard pill to swallow for some but old hat for many.

7. The Saint

The Saint Big Dog

Brilliant post.

8. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

.....YOU can only work with what tools ya have in your box+whats to hand...as a general rule go by what ya see with your own eye's...or what throws good/great consistenly ,,but even the one's that throw quality time after time can throw a bogey...????

9. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

I agree, well said YL!

10. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

I would have loved to have seen how Dendy or King would have done in the U.S. during their time. I maybe wrong but didn't one of these dogs camp call out Mayday ?

11. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Legit question there

12. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

I believe you are correct, I think it was Dendy camp that called for Mayday he was like 10 and I think Dendy was like 6 or7.. I know it was a reply that Mayday was too old but some of his younger Chsons were available like Barracuda, Nore, Lukane, Twisted & 600 and some daughters like Maymay & Da Brat.. But those calls never got answered..

13. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Mayday would have stomped a mudhole in that ass no need for thought.

14. I would love to see xh silver around these parts

15. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

:nono: IMO - If your willing to be fair, You will always have a fight in hand !

16. Loved too HAD sn him lok

17. patjr

patjr Top Dog

Yep a 'wet dream' works just as good lol.

18. old goat

old goat CH Dog

ben did you see mayday ?

19. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Olg goat Vic owned a pet store i use to get feed from. Local fella and dog for a good bit.

20. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Big Dog

^^^ didn't answer the question lol