1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

the Bandog by Dr Semencic

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Lee D, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog

I hope you don't really believe that. I have WAY TOO MUCH documentation on this matter to take such a comment seriously. Documentation from people that were heavily involved in the original Swinford program. The Swinford was always bred to be a guard dog first and foremost. The other things Swinford did with his dog were secondary to their original purpose; however, it has been reported that Bantu was never defeated. He was out of Jack Kelly's Bob Tail Buddy (2xW) and a EM bitch named Octavia. His program was back in the late 60's and early 70's. I have received old original personal letters, the original breed standard (not just one by Lieberman, but also Swinford's own personal standard that he HIMSELF wrote on his kitchen table, articles from various new papers, vet journals, and such all that emphasize the dog's purpose as guard dogs). There is WAY TOO MUCH hearsay as to what this man did and intended to do with his dogs.

2. Rickm

Rickm Pup

Considering apbt history, molosser history, and bandog history...Lee Robinson is dead on. Most ppl have pressumpositions about bandogs and this isnt surprising. Most ppl don't know much about them. And i did enjoy Lee D.'s replies to the general questions about specific working purposes. I am surprised more dogmen and apbt afficianados dont know more about the bandog. Their useful, and unsurpassed when: bred correctly, tested, and trained. And they are at least, an animal to be admired physically, and psychologically. And they are a most superior dog in protection as is with apbt in fighting and sports requiring gameness.

3. Nova09

Nova09 Pup

"Pressumpositions" LMFAO!!!! Best made up word ever - you're not Don King are you? (He had/has a PREDISPOSITION for making up words!).

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2011
  4. Eagle

Eagle Big Dog

Another dog which I think is ideal for protection, and that is dedicated to it's family, is the Perro De Presa Canario. I believe Carl Semenic was the one
    dedicated to re-creating that breed, which was said to be a top catch dog and fighting dog of the Canary Islands. My friends brother breeds them, and
    according to him they are best for that (protection). The APBT was used in its revival. However, IMO, a true APBT is any family threats worst nightmare.

5. Yas

Yas Big Dog

You might be correct re: APBT, but being someone that has lived in the Canaries a couple of times I can`t see it.

6. Diwcha

Diwcha Pup

far as i know for bandogges...original mix is apbt and neo mastiff...i dont know is it male apbt or female...as of what i hear alot of people say they are no. 1 man stopper dog in the world,dont judge me if im wrong i just head that...but they are pretty but inteligent becaouse of the neo part in them...as i heard they are great and fierce fighter too...for example what i heard with 1 bite bandogge broke apbt-s neck and he died...thats only what i heard didnt witness that...but they can also be a good family dogs,you have alot of people on forums saying their bandogges play with their children ans stuff like that...buy i like them the most of their angry look and size...never liked small dogs :) its only stupid for me that they mix everything with everything to get some "bandogge",ok thats nice,their choice,but if they do that bandogge will never be a breed,only bunch of mixes and thats it...

7. Diwcha

Diwcha Pup

maaan this first video...what a animal :D very fast start when he turned around :0 and a great strenght ofc...

8. hardluck

hardluck Banned

so would any of you people ever think of getting one of those bandogs? I would much rather have a Cane Corso than a Bandog. those Cane Corso's are some good looking dogs with i would think just as much gaurding capabillity as them Bandogs. If i ever get tired of owning APBT's i think i would go with a Cane Corso. Bandogs are very good looking dogs too dont get me wrong just dont know to much about their personality as i do the Cane. and even though i havent looked i think there would be alot more well known breeders of the Cane C than that of the Bandog, but i might be wrong. .... Just seeing what yall think about the two.....

9. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

I would rather have a dog that is only aggressive to another dog/animal , then a dog that is aggressive to a human.

Imagine if these type of human aggressive dogs became very popular the fatality rate would be very high if one of these man stoping bad boys ever got loose especially in the wrong peoples hands.

Yet you cant breed a dog for fighting another dog but you can breed a dog to fight/attack a human. Plus the laws/penalties for a dog biting a human is very weak , I have heard of alot of cases where the owner of the dog that bit someone got off with just a slap on the wrist , like a small fine and or community service and in some cases the dog was not even put down.

10. venom

venom Top Dog

I'd probably just get a different dog that already has that working ability...
    rather than trying to gamble and add spark to a dog that has lost it.

11. Dogman#1

Dogman#1 Big Dog

Filas are a type of bandogge, purebred and bred for guarding.. Olde english bulldogge, Olde english mastiff (althoigh IMO it is the Spanish mastiff that makes more sense) and old blood hounds..naturally selected and perfected through their work and ability to adapt.

12. Sm0kEyNy

Sm0kEyNy Pup

pages 212 an 213 are missing

13. Diwcha

Diwcha Pup

well i am thinking to get a bandogge (real mix) i like it alot :) and there is not even single one attack of bandogge on human :) they are not agressive on humans (only if not trained so)...i think you will see alot more of dogs attacks of rotweiler and chau chau :D

14. Diwcha

Diwcha Pup

thats only what i read on forums...not a single bandogge attack on human...just i think only problem with bandogge is u never know what he will look like...becaouse there are couple of mixes...

15. Mastiffkb

Mastiffkb Pup

The purpose and rational for the modern Bandog is to improve the health/structure/drives of the various Mastiff breeds by crossing with the APBT, not to try and improve the APBT.

DA varies with parental breeds and specific dogs used as does HA. Socialization and training is important to help with both.

Its main job is to be a family companion guardian, not a patrol/police type dog such as GSD, Malinois, Dutch Shepherd.

16. Rojas

Rojas Big Dog

Makes me lmao, that most people in this forum think the word BANDOG is a breed................ if bandog was a breed it would already be registered with AKC, dont you think, the word bandog is what you call a working dog that mainly consist of mastiff breed and terrier, doesnt even have to be specifically apbt x neo or em. You people lol.

17. mike916

mike916 Pup

theres no bandogge attacks on humans reported because the media calls them pitbulls because they dont know any better .... it doesnt help with half ass bully breeders mixing in mastiffs and calling them giant pitbulls .... then selling them to clueless people for top dollar that have no idea what kind of dog they have in there possesion. but that all gets reported as another pitbull attack.

18. Sm0kEyNy

Sm0kEyNy Pup

Bingo :cool:

19. john denver

john denver Big Dog

Ain't that the tuth they lump blues and every other mutt in with pitbulls just cause they have block heads that's what gives bulldogs a bad name

20. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog