1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

"The American Pitbullterrier speaks - Good Dog" Author signed Limited ed. book

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by As we like'm, Aug 12, 2012.

1. As we like'm

As we like'm Big Dog

"The American Pitbullterrier speaks - Good Dog" Author signed Limited ed. book

A (very) large hard cover book of 400 pages full of color and black and white pictures (800). Showing the APBT in all kind of situations. From family pet, to faithfull companion and working dog... Modern and vintage pictures too!
    This book is a limited edition of 500 copies, all were signed and gave a unique number by the author.

This book is now out of print, rare, and a must have for the lover of this wonderfull breed .

I am selling this book for $100 shipped worldwide, and paid by PayPal... (price is firm)

The American Pit Bull Terrier Speaks...Good Dog is Cline and Martindale's third book aimed at helping to restore the breed's reputation. It is largely a picture book containing at least a thousand photographs of Pit Bulls and their friends, most in black and white, some in full color, submitted by Pit Bull fanciers and owners from all over the world. The photos are interspersed with essays on the special needs of Pit Bulls and the attendant responsibilities of Pit Bull ownership (these are, after all, powerful and serious dogs), but mostly this is a book of images. There are pictures of Pits with kids, Pits with other dogs, Pits with cats, pretty Pits, pugnacious Pits, Pits in drag, Pits in moose antlers, Pits by the Christmas trees. The reader is treated to Pits in cars, Pits at weight pulls, Pits at conformation shows, Pits doing tricks, Pits in agility trials, Pits in the wilderness, litters of Pit puppies...old Pits, young Pits, red Pits, blue Pits. You get the picture...

Sound boring? Amazingly, it's not. The book's hook (sorry, I'm starting to sound like Dr. Seuss) is really not the dogs. Yes, they are impressive and, though I like my pooches with slightly shorter schnozzes and greater girth, they are variously beautiful, statuesque and occasionally overwhelming, but the fascination in this book lies in the people, both those in front of the camera and those behind the viewfinder. These are real, normal people! No monsters here; no over-amped steroid junkies -- just real people with real kids and real cars and real back yards. Some live in cities and some in towns with real picket fences. Like all good compositions, there's dissonance in the book: a studio shot of Punch the Pit with his elegant New York, New York owners a few pages away from an image of leather-clad Daryl and Drift Smith with their Pit Bull "D" posing on the Super Glide. A picture of certified therapy Pit Bulls with their fresh-faced owner Kate in the same volume as an image of a 64-pound dog pulling a 5700 lb. weight. There's Aztlano and Jennifer Archuleta hiking with Ria the AST and Dawne Deeley lazying about with Sturgis, the Giant Holstein Pit Bull with the incredible tongue. No single stereotype encompasses these folks. The tie that binds? They have great faces, independent faces, real-people faces that say clearly "I love this dog dammit!" How can I argue with them? What experiential basis do I have to support a hysterical view towards this breed? None; I capitulate. Of course, I had more or less changed my opinion some time ago -- the calm and knowledgeable nature of Jill Cline and other Pit Bull fanciers on BulldogX-L had already brought me around, but the book worked; it did its job.

The American Pit Bull Terrier Speaks...Good Dog is a limited edition of 500 copies

2. Mikemorabito

Mikemorabito Big Dog

Re: "The American Pitbullterrier speaks - Good Dog" Author signed Limited ed. book

you have a p.m

3. As we like'm

As we like'm Big Dog

Still available..