1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Thank an animal rights activist beware graphic

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by performanceknls, Jan 26, 2009.

1. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

I can not give too many details because this is still in the courts but I want you all to see what an animal rights activist did to all the dogs on her property! She fostered for an animal rights group here and had about 17 dog taken from her property late last week. There were piles of dead dogs all over the yard and they rest were starving to death! She really thought she was doing these dogs justice! She really thinks she is in the right!
    All breeds were on the property but most you could not tell what they were because they are too skinny to recognize a breed. I took the only APBT to foster and she was one of the worst dogs. Again I can't go into anymore details because it has to go to court so the county can be awarded ownership of the dogs.

Bless her heart! She is in good spirits and eating several times a day and is gaining weight. She weights about 20lbs but should weight about 45-50. My husband named her Sugar! I will post more pictures when she gets some more meat on her bones.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pitless2208 likes this.
  2. mastiffsj

mastiffsj Big Dog

Thank you for taking this poor girl in...hopefully with enough time and proper care she will be ok. Sad day for the animals....people like this "woman" are what give "rescues" a bad name. I'd love to see pics and updates as she heals.

3. game_test

game_test Top Dog

someone should shoot the inhumane POS that let that dog get so bad off. geez!

4. TRUEPITS

TRUEPITS Big Dog

God bless your home for taking in Sugar...I'm sure she is in excellent hands..and we all again need to tell the whole public the difference between animal activist who dont' care about animals to people like us who are all about animal welfare who truly care about the animals.

5. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

OMG..who the hell did that? What a bastard!!! When this case is over, I'd really like a PM with this person's information, if that is possible. Thank you.

6. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Bless you!!! It's a wonder they didn't go ahead and put her down. Keep us updated about her progress. I'm sure you had her checked out by a vet already? No problems other than NO FOOD!!! :mad:

7. pitbullin

pitbullin Big Dog

can u post pictures through photobucket. your hosting client in blocked at work :(

8. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

I hate using Photo bucket, sorry.
    The animal shelter did a great job of getting the dogs medical care ASAP and she spent the night in the hospital. We got her on Friday and she goes back to my vet today to check on her progress. As soon as we can let this go public the name of the animal group will be given out to everyone! trust me I want these guys to go down hard!! they are one of the more radical groups here in NM. I'm busting at the seems because I want to go to the media and spill all but I have to wait till later this week. at least all the dogs are in private foster care and our animal services did a great job calling other groups to take these dogs in. I have to say I love my animal Shelter for the most part!!
    I will post updates of her recovery! now off to the vet....

oh forgot to add, yes all she needs is food no other real medical problem to cause this to happen. most of the other dogs taken were almost as thin.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2009
  9. dajuice

dajuice Big Dog

I tip my hat to you and your husband for simply being able to look at Sugar. That person should never be allowed to house a animal of any kind. That's outrageous!

10. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

that is a long road ahead. best of luck to you, and thanks for helping out

11. bohawg00

bohawg00 Big Dog

Wow! How could someone let a dog or any animal get to this point. Thank god there are people like you to help.

12. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

How can someone continue to look into those eyes and not feed her. Starvation is a very slow and painful way to die and from the way she looks, she was at deaths door. Can't wait to get the info on these people!!! I'm sure they will be hearing from a lot of folks.

13. Michele

I'd like to kick that person's ass, I really would. Animal activist my ass. Nothing more than a damn asswipe. I'm sorry, but I'm damn pissed off.

14. pitbullin

pitbullin Big Dog

i hope shes not as bad as my Caddie was when i Repoed her from an abuser that purchased her from me with some very nice looking dogs. she just wouldent do what he wanted her to do and instead of just culling her he starved her. almost to death. she weighs 52 lbs now and when i repoed her she weighed 19lbs it made me sick to look at her. and it was so hard to pet her. made u feel so icky and sorry for her.....

15. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

That is some of the most horrible shit I have seen in a long time. Anyone who can be so cruel to let an animal just die is not human. I hope those people die in a fiery car crash!

16. Nell_Bell

Nell_Bell Big Dog

Wow....ethical treatment....humane.....activist.....all just words. So they couldn't find some money out of the millions donated to buy them some cheap kibble? Probably tried to feed the dogs a vegan diet if anything at all (I'm not kidding, some advocate it for their dogs!)

17. I feel so bad to see her like that.....my eyes got watery....really.:(

Thank you, thank you, thank you to your family for taking this girl and willing to nurture her back to health.:)

18. cheese

cheese Top Dog

makes me wanna just give my money over to hsus and peta:rolleyes:

19. Marty

Marty Guest

If people can't take care of these's dogs... why in the hell take them in :mad:

20. Michele

Because they are sick and need their asses kicked.....SICK!