1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Terriers

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Joatmon, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Joatmon

Joatmon Pup

Hi.Just wanted to say that and look forward to good conversation here without the hate :).
    I have a Hammonds/Gouldie gyp.Do some digging to ghog and some ratting,few coon.Just love the breed.JM

2. Wally123

Wally123 Big Dog

You do know you Yanks have messed our Nuttal Patts up... ;-)

3. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Welcome to the site.
    Enjoy!

4. Joatmon

Joatmon Pup

Thanks and I don't doubt that lol.From what I'm seeing anything here in America over 5 lbs is useless,working the shrew settles I guess lol

5. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

You don't need a 5lb dog to get work in over here. Welcome to the board

6. Joatmon

Joatmon Pup

I here that. I know plenty around that calls for "a tool for all jobs" .thanks JM

7. Joatmon

Joatmon Pup

I was going to edit but don't know how, I was being sarcastic when I said anything over 5lbs being useless. A friend I go out with always tells me that he can't do anything with a dog over 10 lbs lol

8. Wally123

Wally123 Big Dog

Brian definitely down sized his Patts to cater for the American market, back in the 80's and early 90's his dogs were powerful mini Pitbulls. We still use his bloodline but more people tend to go for breeders who are keeping his bloodline going instead of getting dogs directly off him.

9. snakewidomski

snakewidomski Big Dog

I have some Patterdales by the old Nuttall stuff, with some old Gould blood. The weight range between 15 and 30 lbs.

10. Wally123

Wally123 Big Dog

Yeah his older stuff was definitely better for Fox and bigger game than the dogs of today, good job it's still about over here.

11. AGK

12. snakewidomski

snakewidomski Big Dog

This is my best female, game to the bone, unbelievable strenght and a hard mouth.
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [362767] :: WIDOMSKI'S ANACONDA

13. AGK

14. Wally123

Wally123 Big Dog

What do you work with your dogs? A really hard dog is fine for fox but won't have a long career on the bigger stuff.

15. snakewidomski

snakewidomski Big Dog

I work them mainly in a pack, on wild boar. ...And yes, I have lost some dogs over the years.

16. Joatmon

Joatmon Pup

She's sweet.