1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

temperment results from 2002

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Gypsy, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Gypsy

Gypsy Pup

[font=Verdana, Georgia, Times New Roman]American Temperament Test Society Results, December 2002
    (Pit Bulls and AmStaffs scored higher than many breeds. Here are
    just a few. Good for showing to nervous neighbors.)
    [/font]
    [font=Verdana, Georgia, Times New Roman]American Pit Bull Terrier: 83.2%
    [/font][font=Verdana, Georgia, Times New Roman]American Staffordshire Terrier: 82.6%
    [/font]
    [font=Verdana, Georgia, Times New Roman]Bearded Collie: 53.5%
    Border Collie: 78.8%
    Beagle: 77.8%
    Cocker Spaniel: 81.5%
    Great Dane: 76.9%
    Golden Retriever: 82.5%
    Old English Sheepdog: 77.8%
    [/font][font=Verdana, Georgia, Times New Roman]Rhodesian Ridgeback: 73.8%
    Samoyed: 77.8%
    [/font]​
    [font=Verdana, Georgia, Times New Roman][/font] ​
    Hey, they proved for us what we already knew... lol.

2. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Yep........

3. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

LOL!! They need this on the front page of every news paper in the United States... Our local K-9 unit just had to put their shepherd down because it turned on it handler, and the handlers family... Imagion that!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. All of the dog hype simply boils down to this:

A dog is a direct reflection of its owner's personality and lifestyle.

A bad dog is bad because the owneer allows it to be.

A game dog that is good, is good because of two reasons one it has a good spirit and two because of the trainning. for example, mohammad ali, was not the greatest in his time because of his dad. he was great because of his will to succeed and a good trainer that taught him well and trained him exclusively.

I know poodles that will bite you just as look at you.
    I know pit bulls that will lick you to death before they ever thought of biting you.
    I know muts that have turned on their masters just as dobermans, rots or even pit bulls.

A dog reflects its environment, training and master.

A pit bull when treated with Love, will be your best friend, or when treated poorly, will be your worst enemy.
    What a person does today, whether it be with a dog or in life in general, will answer for in the future.
    God bless

AC likes this.
  5. I agree 100 % and I am also going to print that list and carry it with me in my purse.

6. CRG

CRG Top Dog

well said big river

7. gator

gator Big Dog

That type of information is never published in any newspapers because it disproves everything they have ever written about the A.P.B.T..

8. Marty

Marty Guest

<TABLE borderColor=#ffffff cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=95 bgColor=#ffffff borderColorLight=#000000 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap align=middle>True dat!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>[​IMG]

9. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

I'm curious, the list you provided, shows only what the APBT and the AST beat, do you have a list of breeds that beat our dogs??
    Just curious...
    BB

10. Another thing for the hype on pit bulls......

First off in the late 1800's early 1900's the pit bull terrier was the number one choice of a family dog, if you don't believe me, look at:
    1. RCA's mascot, the pitbull, that was the little doggie standing next to the victrola thingy
    2. our gang, Petie, was a pit bull, I am not sure what bloodline, but I would think that stompanato or something along those lines
    3. there were many pictures taken of the silent movie actresses and actors with pitbulls lying by their ankles

there is a site called www.dawnrestdogs.org I think if you look into the history of dawnrest, he is one of the oldest strings in pitbulls, the site has a lot of good information from history to pics to keeps.

We americans are by large a peaceful people, but we always have to be afraid of something.
    In the late 60's to late 70's the German Shepard was the bad guy, then along came the Doberman Pinscher in the late 70's and mid 80's, then that wasn't enough her comes mr. rotweiler in the mid 80's to late 90's now the poor pitbull is the culprit, every newspaper, radio station and tv news that can pronounce or spell pitbull is calling every mongrel that bites someone by accident, incident or on purpose a pitbull, in the next ten years what breed will be next, I think we should name the poodle, after all they and the german shepard have the lions share of people bites, of all reported bites anyway.

while I am on the rampage, let's talk a little about those authorities, confiscating all pit bull equipment, killing pitbulls if they have scars. hmmm
    if you take care of your dog, have a tread mill to make him look better for competition, be fitter for weight pulling, if you own more than one, and you have a couple of yard accidents, well the authorities will come get you take and kill your dogs fine you to death and take your freedom. BUT, I say it is okay to smoke cigarettes in public blow second hand smoke in innocent non-smokers faces giving them 2.5 times better chance of having lung cancer as second hand smoke is 2.5 times deadlier, a class A carcinogen, that is not a crime. Keeping your dog in shape is a crime. We need to fight the legislature on this.
    It all boils down to is this, someone very important and very influential had a child or loved one that probably got bitten by a negligent owner of maybe and I do mean maybe a pitbull, they lobbied, and boom here come the anti pit laws.
    maybe they should make laws for people too, how about anyone who has ever had a scar on their body or face or owns any fitness equipment, the police should just go in confiscate their equipment and kill them for being fighters. sounds ridiculous? It is. and so is the laws on pits. Go find those morons treating their dogs like crap, pit or not and kill them, not the dogs. Dogs are innocent. Law makers need to wake up and smell the coffee, there are alot worse things out there to worry about.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2004
  11. Nitrous

Nitrous Guest

Man that was very well said, I wish everybody knew this, the truth about everything.

12. Gypsy

Gypsy Pup

I'm curious, the list you provided, shows only what the APBT and the AST beat, do you have a list of breeds that beat our dogs??
    Just curious...

Sorry BB thats all that was posted. I'll see if i can find it for you though. Gypsy

13. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Preach brother, preach......lol You're 100% correct, there are much bigger things to worry about, but a lot of the other things have too much pressure behind them, so they go after the easy shot. That's politics, the only way to change things is to get all "pitbull" owners, no matter of area of interest, together and educate the media, public, politicians. Then go in and blow all these ridiculous laws off the books. But it'll take all to do it. It can be done. A political org. wouldn't hurt either....food for thought.

[​IMG]

14. well said brother, well said.

if we bond together, we can defeat these things

I don't understand why they have to be so tough on us.

15. Nitrous

Nitrous Guest

We need all the media and press to read the positive things about apbts

Then maybe they'll slow down on decribing pit bulls as some sort of mega monster that can't be stopped

16. LuNoTiCK

LuNoTiCK Pup