1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Teacher tells my son "pitbulls are the scum of the earth"

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by MPD, Nov 4, 2005.

1. MPD

MPD Big Dog

Teacher tells my son "pitbulls are the scum of the earth"

I'm utterly OUTRAGED!!! My son came home yesterday upset telling the "mr richardson wont let me post voca's photo on the wall!!" When I asked him why he said "because he told me pitbulls were the scum of the earth and that visous fighting dogs shouldnt be allowed on the display board."

I was blood red, if the school was not closed I would of drove up there and gave the teacher a piece of my mind. He even asked a bunch a 3rd graders how many of you think pitbulls are mean!!

I told my son to write this "ignorant person" a letter. Heres the letter....

http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/3065/11042005023145pm3iu.jpg

i'm going up to the school tomorrow to talk to this teacher. Wish me luck...

2. jankab

jankab Top Dog

Re: Teacher tells my son "pitbulls are the scum of the earth"

Good luck, but I think with the name calling and the make me sick part your sons gonna get in trouble. I know your mad but you may want to revise and educate rather than show anger. Don't defeat yourself by showing anger in your letter.

Jenn likes this.
  3. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Top Dog

I really liked that letter but some parts were a little rash. That's sad that a teacher of all people would say something like that to a child. How old is your son? I wish you the best of luck with the talk with the teacher. If that were me I would want to give that teacher a piece of my mind too.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2005
  4. Jenn

Jenn Top Dog

:( Did all the other kids have pictures of their dogs on the wall??

Good luck, though I know upset, I don't think the letter will be going over to well either. Sometimes, we have to be the bigger person and control our anger. What the teacher did was wrong, I wouldn't waste my time with the teacher. Trot your ass right up to the school superintendant or the members of the school board and let it roll down hill. ;)

5. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

i agree you havent done anything in that letter except upset the teacher and call him names that accomplished nothing. you need to back your arguement with facts not just that you have owned them. calm down and give support to your claims and dont start upsetting people angry people dont listen they react.

6. Re: Teacher tells my son "pitbulls are the scum of the earth"

I'd go with you! and take my scum of the earth pup!! :-) just goes to show you how stupid and narrow minded people really are. My mother was the same way she was scared because of the media... until one day she was dog sitting while I was on vacation. My dog helped her up the steps. She had fallen and could not make it back up the steps. She grabbed his collar and said "let's go" (he did pulls and knew the command) and he pulled her upstairs to the living room where she called for help. Guess what kind of dog she has now :D

Attached Files:

7. bam-bam's mom

bam-bam's mom Big Dog

go to the teacher and have a fit

go to the principal
    go to the superintendent

go to the school board

call other mothers in your kids class!!!

i sure would, everyone in town would be hearing me tell how one of the school teachers is a biggot, and says things like that to our kids. aaaaagggggg boy i'd be boiling hot!!!

8. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Top Dog

Maybe they would allow you to bring one of your dogs, preferably a puppy, to school to show them that they aren't mean dogs. Just a suggestion.

9. natas

natas Big Dog

I wouldn't waste my time with the teacher either. Definitely go above his head!! Don't blame you at all for being furious but offending him because he offended you wont' get you anywhere. Now is the prime time to set a great example for your son!! Show him how to defend what he loves in an effective way. Goodluck!!

10. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

I am sorry you're son had to tolerate such ignorance. I am disgusted. To think a teacher regardless of there own beliefs, would force there own uneducated opinion on a little kid. To tell a kid his family pet was vicious killer! This teacher does not deserve to keep his job! You might want to let the school board take care of this one . If it were me It would be hard if not impossible not to knock this S.O.B. the hell out.:mad:

11. natas

natas Big Dog

better yet what's the teachers address we can all send him mail on what a scumbag he is. Let us educate his ignorant ass. haha i'm sure he would love that!!

12. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Top Dog

find out his e-mail address and we can all send him information to "educate" him on this matter.

13. Suki

Suki Guest

Go for it!!!!! Sounds like the teach is in dire need of some more education....

14. B

B CH Dog

Sounds like a discrimination lawsuit waiting to happen...

B

15. Marty

Marty Guest

Better yet tell him to join the site we'll wear his a$$ out for ya ;)

16. Re: Teacher tells my son "pitbulls are the scum of the earth"

It's a shame because if this were a political thing, it could be over every news station in the U.S, but because it is about a hated breed of dog, nothing will really be done about it.... but hopefully i'm wrong and he does get canned.

17. Suki

Suki Guest

seriously, despite how really angry you are, this breed DESERVES a GOOD representation, and that comes from sound, educated and responsible owners, like us. TRY to hang onto your cool. Be polite, (say the obsenities in your mind), act collected, and show the ignorant that this is a family, people orientated, LOVING breed. ALL our dogs deserve that.
    Then,
    offer to bring him in for "show and tell", and "wow" the pants off 'em!!!!!:D

18. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

This is by far the way to handle it.

19. MPD

MPD Big Dog

I added the link near the bottom. I'll have to call the school the next morning to get the email, by this should be fun.

Anywho, I dont think the letter was do bad, other than learning how to spell ignorant and a few other words, after checking the grammer my son pretty much wrote the letter. Now, my wife just stated that if we turn this into a big thing, (in which it is) he could fail my son. I can fight that, my son has always made good grades, he's a good kid, he even loves to take care of his little sister Monica. THere is no way in hell this guy can fail my kid.

Thinking about it, it makes me feel something else besides anger. I feel emotional (ladies;) ) about the whole thing. (I'm not soft either). This teacher was happy to let all the other kids have pictures of their pets on the wall but because my son wanted to put his favorite one of my pitdog "voca" on the wall, he made him take it down! Thats not fair, nor is it right. I will fight this...and I'll try to be easy on the so called teacher teaching kids crap!

20. Marty

Marty Guest

Just keep us informed ;)