1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Taste of The Wild ??

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by mrstranger, Apr 18, 2011.

1. mrstranger

mrstranger Big Dog

Which formula do you feed and why?

I'm asking because I'm currently feeding the Sierra Mountain Canine Forumla " Lamb ". I was thinking about changing to Pacific Stream Canine Formula.

2. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Buffalo for sure

3. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

I've used the Bison and the Salmon formulas before. The Bison and the Fowl formulas have the higher protein/fat content, while the salmon and the Lamb formulas have less Protein/fat content.

4. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

I use the venisen and bison type and add a chicken quarter, fich pill, veggies 3 days a week and some other supliments. Dogs love it.

5. DirtyD

DirtyD Top Dog

I used the water fowl and buffalo until the ingredients changed last year. I think it's a decent food.

6. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Water fowl is the best. Just as high pro/fat as buffalo and more cal per cup

7. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

For the longest time the Pacific Stream was all that Scarling could eat without getting itchy or some sort of skin issue but recently she's been doing kind of crappy on it so I'm looking for something to switch her to. I heard they did some kind of formula change but the only thing I can confirm is the addition of salt??? It's actually the only formulation I've tried so far besides the cat food.

8. Super Sport

Super Sport Big Dog

I use the buffalo with no problems. Wish I could afford to feed it to all the dogs.

9. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Pacific stream is for allergies or skin problems not a good base food, says that clear as day on the website. I used to mix them, but if ur only feeding one its a no brainer imo

10. dayair1

dayair1 Big Dog

I have a 7 month old male that has had a really bad rash under his front leg pits that won't go away.
    I have been told it is most likely an allergy, possibly to fowl. I was feeding him the "Wetlands" formula. So I have been trying the different TOTW formulas.
    I first switch to the "Pacific Stream" based on their web site. My dogs are not that fond of the Wetlands formula, but they did eat it. This did not help his rash.
    So now I am trying " High Prairie" and the "Sierra Mountain Canineā„¢ Formula". As far as taste preference, they love everything except the Pacific stream.
    I have been giving my dog Diphenhydramine "Benadryl" for his constant itching. But the rash, w/scabs under his arm pits won't go away. As much as I distrust
    many vets. It looks like I am going to have to take him.