1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Stunning Blue Fawn Girl Desperately Needs Home - Can Transport!

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by Sierraraptor, Oct 21, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Hi all,

My foster dog, Penelope, desperately needs a forever home. I thought I was agreeing to foster for a couple of weeks; that was a year and a half ago. She really can't stay in my house any longer - I have three cats, and she is cat-aggressive. All of our lives are one big pile of stress: Penelope is stressed (and bouncing off the walls) because she has to stay in a crate for 23 hours a day, my cats are stressed because there is a pit bull in the house who wants to eat them, my dog is stressed because Penelope's constant struggle to eat the kitties keeps her on-edge 24/7, even though my dog loves the cats (and I don't trust her to be out with the cats when Penelope's around), and I am stressedstressedstressed because I feel like I'm being both a terrible pet owner AND a terrible foster mom - I work 60 hours a week and just don't have the time and energy to have two adult female pit bulls in the house anymore.

Penelope's been listed on multiple rescue sites across the country for over a year now, and I can't possibly imagine why she hasn't gotten any applicants. She is the perfect[i/] dog for a cat-free home - completed an 8-week-long obedience course, super duper extra sweet (she will do absolutely anything to please you), gets along perfectly with other dogs of all sizes, and she is absolutely stunning - the perfect catch!

Spayed, up to date on all vaccinations, heartworm negative, microchipped, etc. – completely read to go!

Won't you please, please consider adding Penelope to your family? I promise you will not be disappointed!

Transport is available anywhere in the US - I am moving in the Spring and absolutely can not take Penelope with me. The rescue group I am fostering for is completely full and out of foster homes, so if she doesn't find a home before I move, her future is grim. :(

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.

More pictures available here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/55043942@N04/?saved=1

Thank you so much,
    Sierra

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. popper

popper CH Dog

did you try posting on any other sites?..... pretty dog ... goodluck hope you find her a nice home

3. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Sounds like you should be rehoming the cats.....just a thought.

4. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

23hrs day crate? That SUCKS, just because of that I'd personally rehome the cats or place them until you find another home for the dog just to get her out of the crate. I assume you dont have a yard, dumb question but you never know, people crate because their yards dont have fences and they think its better then chaining them out, which is false.

5. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

I think I can help you place this dog I sent you a PM ;)

6. odinslad

odinslad Big Dog

cats go first im my case but if i was closer to you i would have taken her she looks a good dog but their is noway you could get her over to glasgow is their . good luck in the rehomeing .

7. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

:( So sad for the dog.

If you send her off to another rescue, please make sure they too won't be crating her for 20+ hours a day.

She's a pretty gal, but I will say this: I have three "perfect fosters", all of which have been for adoption for nearly 3 years at this point. It's part of the reason why I've stepped out... There are too many good dogs and no where near as many good homes.

8. jgf332

jgf332 Pup

i would be intrested in her she is a very pretty dog and i just lost my dog to old age. were are you located?

9. I know this is an old post - but why can't you put the cats in a seperate room or floor of your house for a while rather than crating the poor dog for 23 hours a day. I would also seriously consider your ability to foster in the future. Cat aggression is not a hard issue to deal with nor is it an uncommon issue. If you are crating this dog 23 hours a day over cat aggression I don't think fostering this breed is really the right thing for you.