1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Stone city kennels

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by STONECITYKNLS, Jul 9, 2010.

1. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

...good analysis...
    Im not looking for the next dog as much as the next couple generations,,,
    pedigree wise it might look better but if you cull with the same principal,,,
    Im sure the line would be better with less curs in its genetics and only surfaces when you linebreed on it...

2. old goat

old goat CH Dog

You can cull and cull but there is always going to be cold and curs . It's not as easy as most people think .

3. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

I agree and also believe the less curs in your pedigree,,,
    the more solid the foundation,,, but you will most always get culls...

I wonder whats worse to be let down by hardcore culling principals,,,
    or be let down from a cur that comes from a family of them,,
    one should be expected to be more likely a cur and the other more likley be game...

I have heard of some yards of tant bred dogs that are a high percentage of game dogs,,,
    one do to the genetics and the other is do to practice,,,
    these men might loose but have never showed a cull,,,
    they say you better have some finish because they wont quit,,,
    sure he might had some culls in a litter,,, but a small amount...

...something was also noticed that alot of these dogs lacked ability...

4. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

From my experience they are more likely to be cur than deadgame. But some just will go farther into the well than others.
    At one point I thought that breeding game dogs with other game dogs would always equal game dogs, but it's not quite that simply. That being said I still believe that breeding two game dogs together gives a better chance than breeding cold or cur dogs .... But it's not impossible to get good dogs off cold and cur dogs just as it isn't guaranteed you will get game ones from the game dogs.

5. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

I would say most would cur on the quest for being deadgame also,,,
    as truley deadgame is rare and it brings up the question of if they arnt dead game,,, are they game???
    and the degrees of gameness also come into play if you believe in such...

TOO MANY PEOPLE EXCUSE THE BREEDING OF CURS,,,
    as garner made it a house hold thing with FRISCO,,,
    thats for those who just breed two animals because,,,
    they want the next generation,,, not generationS...

I value heritage and like a solid family of gamedogs that are complete in health and mind also,,,
    if you choose to breed a man biter,,, a cur or a unhealthy individual/ family,,,
    thats on you but I will preach in the old ways of a complete bulldog standard...

6. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Well once upon a time I heard my granddad talking about a dog to his friend that was asking about the dogs gameness. He said " if he is a cur me or him neither one know it yet". I think that goes along with the degrees of gameness you speak of. Sometimes you just don't know, you can only rely on what dog has done so far

7. Robertosilva

Robertosilva CH Dog

A famous dogman once said game dogs don't breed true unlike game cocks. He also said you can have a yard of 100 dogs and only have one real game dog, they don't breed true.

Any person or animal will quit if you throw enough at it. Imagine the Diaz Macgregor UFC fight. Diaz was a mess but came through the adversity to dig deep and win.

Now imagine if immediately after that fight they had another fresh fighter ready to go against Diaz. How long would he have made it, probably would have had to quit through exhaustion alone. Wouldn't make him a cur though.

8. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I do not subscribe to the "They will all quit" theory. Unless you concider dying quitting. Which I dont. If they all quit then there wouldn't be such a thing as Dead Game. Saying they will all quit is a great insult to the many where that thought to quit never came into their thought process.

Comparing a human to a dog in that way is like comparing apples to corn chips. Many dogs through out history have proven they had NO quit in them.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=933004213434680&id=887993384602430

9. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

^^^^^ I agree, I personally saw Orbie C. match one UKC rules, A turn is called.... at that point the handle was made at the 30 + min. mark! Then the next 30 min. latter and so on! BRUTAL!!! Well I saw his dog fall down twice, and latterly scratch into A dead dog!!! You had to scratch to win!!! Needless to say both dogs couldn't eat soft ice cream but they were both as game as you could ask for! Latter I asked Orbie why those rules, he said I knew theyd have to kill mine to win!!!!!

10. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

A quit is a quit no excuses lmfao

11. 80BOWTIE

80BOWTIE Big Dog

Some game some not. Simple

12. c_note

c_note CH Dog

He brought that one back to life at 355!!! Get eeeeeeem!!!