1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

'Staff opinions.

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by Iverson's Pits, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Just had to post this...Attatched are some pics I took today of a Rescued Staff named Kane. Anyways, I ran into a guy today who knew Kane from before we got him, and then saw him today. His comments were leading towards accusations of mal-nurishment/starvation/neglect! Before we got a hold of him, he was overweight and OBVIOUSLY never seen a day of exercise in his life. We've had him since September, and I think he's made some pretty good progress on the way he looks. I have him 'DOWN TO' just under 70 lbs. Now, I know some dont like this style of dog, but good health is good health. What do you think? I will say that since he is a little bit leaner in the body, his head sure does stand out...the angle of some of the pics dont help much either!

Attached Files:

2. the_flamingo

the_flamingo Top Dog

He doesn't look underweight at all to me. He has a big 'O head like my boy does. I always say my boy has a mutated head, lol. He's in about the same condition as my boy too, I keep Jaha a little fat most of the time & only bring him down for a show.

3. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I can only imagine what he looked like when you got him. I cant say I'm particularly fond of the dog, but I do like the fact that he has a responsible owner, who is keeping him healthy and fit. His head is huge since he was trimmed down, he looks more like a 1st gen bandogge than a APBT. Oh well, cant change his breeding now...we can only hope all these dogs do get responsible owners who know at least the basics of health and keep their dog at a healthy weight.

4. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Looks great to me. That person is obviously an idiot. Obesity is pretty common in dogs now a days and it's almost like people think the animals are more loved the fatter they are!

5. toddrock

toddrock Big Dog

Looks good to me and not a huge fan of those dogs. I just wish more of those type of dogs looked like him! Keep up the good work. I don't think the collar helps him much, just me.

6. the_flamingo

the_flamingo Top Dog

I think your right. I saw some lady at Petsmart commenting on a shepard mix saying how it was soo skinny and needed someone to fatten it up. I told her the dog looks fine, healthy and fit and tried to explain to her that it is better for a dog to be slightly underweight than overweight. And that obesity causes alot of problems in dogs, then went on to explain some weight related problems. She goes on saying that she knows & that she has a dog at home that is obese and her vet has it on a different diet because it has weight problems. And she is saying the dog needs to be fattened WHY?! She had first hand expericance of an obese dog and still wants to make more of them obese? (She herself needed to loose a good 30-40 lbs.) Some peoples minds are warped....

7. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

(She herself needed to loose a good 30-40 lbs.)

LMAO!!!

8. Are you talkin about the leather studded collar? My wife thinks they're "cute"

9. His father was a tall UKC/AKC bred dog, and his mother was a shorter, more compact UKC dog. He does look a little goofy sometimes...and his size stumps me, cuz although his father was large...this boy takes the cake. He was bigger than his dad at 6 months old. He had a littermate brother who i think was slightly bigger (someone on this forum owned him). Here are his parents...you can see the influence of his father:

Attached Files:

10. LOL....naw. Not at this time. We're still trying to school this one. He's starting to get a grasp of things, but has a whole lot more work to get thru.