1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

springs

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by eddieem, Sep 22, 2010.

1. eddieem

eddieem Big Dog

where do you guys get em for a spring pole....the one i got is old and toast

2. pit4ever

pit4ever Banned

i saw in the other thead and they said they get it from homedepo and get a garage door springs.

3. Blanco

Blanco Big Dog

Or you could use the tube from a bicycle tire

4. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

im bout to take some pics of the pups, ill take a pic of my springpole while i have the camera out. You can buy them or make them yourself.

5. eddieem

eddieem Big Dog

I know how to make it just wasn't sure homedepot carried garage springs...thanks dp

6. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

oh ok, yeah one trip to the hardware store should get you everything you need

7. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

a garage door spring can hurt a dog badly, be careful how you set it up.

8. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Or you could use the tire just pull the wire out. TSC has springs. Lowes, home depot, bout any hardware store.

9. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

what is a better set-up?

10. eddieem

eddieem Big Dog

just got back from homedepot...got a regular spring..the load on it 65lbs. got two. unhooked the old and swapped it out. Thanks fellas

11. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

I use trampoline springs i found on the side of the road a couple years ago, you just gotta be careful how you set it up.

12. Trelos

Trelos Big Dog

Trampoline springs always worked for me

13. popper

popper CH Dog

i use garage door springs .... but be careful them bad boys can pop pretty damn hard....

14. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

for safety use a secondary line from spring to upper attachment point-so if the primary line fails the dog doesnt get a faceful of steel