1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Spot Picking

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Roche, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Roche

Roche Big Dog

This post should be viewed as a historical discussion of the APBT and does in no way promote any illegal activities. I had a debate with a friend not so long ago about all the past great winning game dogs of the USA, he seems to be under the conception that most of Ch's and Gr ch's in the USA were spot picked winning dogs, dogs like Ch Chinaman. I agree and disagree as I believe any country with a history of the APBT has had a fair share of spot picked winning dogs and TRUE ones too, and I believe no spot picking dogmen should have been given much respect or any at all, I would like some different input and views on this..

2. killadev300

killadev300 Big Dog

Yes and no obviously there would be the spot pickers but there were dogs that were open to the world for many year throughout there career with no takers. I would say it came down to the individual dog and the individual dogman.... because a dogman would open some to the world and have another dog not open to the world but open to select matches. Meaning he would expect greater performance from one and not the other was this spot picking or just knowing your stock?
    Conversely, one could argue dogmen would try and use dogs of a certain style to go into specific contrasting styles. Just a little thinking out loud here not sure if I added to ur post

3. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

It is true some spot pick, so you meen to say you or you friend would not jump on one if you know you could win? the real problem is is money, its like this you have a dog the you are winning with going to make rank, and I have a dog that I and every one else thinks will stop yours all you have to do is throw out some crazy money and there you just ducked me, you use the excuse that you have everything to loose and you think your dog is worth that bet. you just ducked me. our they say I want to go into a ch or better then the dog never has to prove sht.hell its stupid not to stop the ones you think you can win that is what made the game,Im not saying duck from anyone but if you can knock the king off the hill why the hell not. thats what its all about.

4. Finkle

Finkle Big Dog

I understand what your saying in that it may not be great in defining the overall quality of these dog's. At the same time though, can't play the game to long if you keep losing your roll.

5. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

thats why folks should be looking for BIS as this demonstrates a higher level of competiton that has shown their wares and have be deemed as a worthy creature.

YIS