1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Special 13 Days of Christmas LULU Coupons for BOOKS etc...

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by brindle, Dec 15, 2012.

1. brindle

brindle Big Dog

For those who may have missed the 30% off Black Friday sale, the publisher Lulu is now offering a special 13 Days of Christmas site with a new coupon each day.

Self Publishing and Book Printing Solutions - Books, EBooks, Photo books and Calendars at Lulu.com

Today is 25% off calendars but check the site for other Coupons as I am sure they will do one or more for the books they print.

Available from Lulu are SPORTING DOG JOURNAL reprint Years from 1972 to 1980 –

[FONT=&quot]http://www.sportingdogjournal.info/sdj_reprints.html[/FONT]

Plus Richard Stratton's new book BULLDOG EDITION, TL Williams' COURAGE book, and any others on this site with a LULU Buy button --

American Pit Bull Terrier Collector Edition Books

And reprint years of many old rare bulldog magazines too.

[FONT=&quot]http://www.apbtbooks.com/magazines.html[/FONT]

From the 1920s are PIT NEWS and PIT AND PAL, which I have never even seen in the original copies.

Then the classic old PIT DOGS Magazine and YOUR FRIEND AND MINE magazine done by Pete Sparks from the 1950s to the 1970s.

There are also some of the PIT DOG REPORT magazines put out by Don Mayfield in the 1970s.

These reprints are done as Year Books, they are scanned from the original issues and professionally printed, so they are very high quality with sharp photos, not like a cheap photo copy.

These books contain a whole year of magazine issues and are bound in soft covers or hard covers.

A great look at the good old days and many of the famous dogs and dogmen of that time. Full of historical photos and info about the old bulldogs and the men behind them.

So check on that LULU site for a new Coupon each day for the next 12 days --

Self Publishing and Book Printing Solutions - Books, EBooks, Photo books and Calendars at Lulu.com

You can also sign up with Lulu and they will email you about specials and coupons.

2. brindle

brindle Big Dog

For Dec 16 - Today's special is A FREE book when you buy two.

Enter code: 16DEC at checkout.

That's a pretty good deal! If you buy two $40 books and get another $40 book for free then that is about a 33% discount!

3. brindle

brindle Big Dog

For Dec 18 - Today's special is 15% off today's order.

Enter code: 18DEC at checkout.

I might also mention that many of the new SDJ books and magazines are published by Lulu so those are covered by these specials coupons too!

Sporting Dog Journal Yearbooks --

..:: SDJ Publishing ::..

and Sporting Dog Journal printed magazines --

..:: SDJ Publishing ::..

It's a neat idea to do a different coupon each day so keep checking them!

4. brindle

brindle Big Dog

For Dec 20 - Today's special is 30% off all Hardcover books.

Enter code: 20DEC at checkout.

That's a pretty good savings!

5. brindle

brindle Big Dog

For Dec 23 - Today's special is 20% off all paperback books.

Enter code: 23DEC at checkout.

6. CBRSALT

CBRSALT Big Dog

Ordered 3 books from lulu today. Put in the promo code for 30% off and it gave it to me at the beginning. But then after i put all my shipping and billing info in, i no longer had ghe promo for the day at d time of finalizing. I didnt catch it till i checked the button to place order. Checked my acct and being billed for total amount, no discount. Anybody else have this happen or did i mess something up with my order to not get the discount? Like i said it showed it like i was getting it at the begginning , even showed the amount i would save. But then never saw it again.

7. brindle

brindle Big Dog

I've placed many orders with Lulu Coupons in the last year and never had a problem. I can't remember if I put in the Coupon at the beginning or at the end. Today they have 40% off which is a heck of a deal so I will order something and I will see how I do.

I would suggest that you email Lulu and tell them what happened and how you put your discount coupon in and that it showed the discount and then it disappeared. They are a pretty good company and should make it right!

If nothing else, maybe you can cancel your order and then re-order with today's 40% off coupon.

8. brindle

brindle Big Dog

LAST DAY COUPON!!! It's a good one too! 40% off on a book!

For Dec 26 - Today's special is 40% off any book.

Enter code: 26DEC at checkout.

9. CBRSALT

CBRSALT Big Dog

Will try it and see.

10. brindle

brindle Big Dog

I just ordered another copy of the Stratton book BULLDOG EDITION with the 40% off coupon.

The order page showed the place for the Coupon but I did not put it in as I wanted to go to the Checkout and see if there was a place for the Coupon there and there was not.

So I went back and put in the Coupon in the place for it and then clicked Apply and it took of the 40% discount. I went thru Checkout and the Coupon showed the whole time and was taken off the book's total, so I paid about $35 for the BULLDOG EDITION, normal price $59.

A good saving but this 40% Coupon is for ONE Book only! Too bad, as I would buy a couple others at 40% off.

I think if your Coupon for yesterday showed at first, then it should have stayed on the Order form thru to the Checkout. My coupon did that today, even when I went back and took off a second book (was hoping for 40% off on both...).

I would certainly email Lulu Customer Service and tell them what happened as you should have gotten 30% off on your whole order. They should make it good, and please do let us know as they are a good company and I would expect them to fix this for you.

11. brindle

brindle Big Dog

Here is their Support page, at the far right is a place to contact them by email --

Self Publishing - Lulu.com

I would email them about your order of yesterday, give them the order number and tell them how you put in the coupon and that the discount disappeared!

Hope they fix it for you!

12. CBRSALT

CBRSALT Big Dog

Yea i already emailed them. They sent the automated response email back but also stated if that didnt answer my question or solve my problem then send a reply to that email. So i did and waiting on a reply. Will keep you posted.

13. CBRSALT

CBRSALT Big Dog

Verdicts in. Lulu got me all straightened out. Refunded my 30% savings. You were right brindle, good company to do bussiness with.

14. brindle

brindle Big Dog

That's good to hear! I was hoping they would correct it and give you the proper 30% off.

Thanks for letting me know as I wondered how it would turn out. I have always heard they are a good company and it sure makes it easier to publish a book using their system.

Plus their coupons are a nice savings too!

15. CBRSALT

CBRSALT Big Dog

Yea i like their coupons they do too. Thats why i ended up getting 3 books, because of the discount it was enough that i was getting one book for free. Glad you were posting their special offers or i would have missed out. I signed up for the email notification now for the offers.