1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Southern Kennels

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by Big Game Bulldogs, Nov 5, 2021.

?

Does Southern Kennels have a history of producing high quality game dogs?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    84.2%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

What is this " standard" you keep mentioning?

2. snk88

snk88 Pup

My description is not a fantasy - ITS THE BREED STANDARD my friend. I don’t know how else to make you understand what I’m saying. These game dogs you see now days and have experience with are not bred to the BREED STANDARD. I don’t know how else to say it to make that make sense. Unstable, weak nerved, man bitting menaces are not APBT. Consideration into the stability side of the breed has been forgotten and lost. The amstaffs possess it. The modern day game dogs do not. Though you may have some here and there that pop up. I’m sure some of you have such dogs that have the stability of the amstaff and also the performance of the APBT. That is what I’m talking about. A complete dog. A REAL APBT. That had the amstaff and the game dog. That’s the APBT. I’ll describe it like this - The bull of rights in the constitution is not the bill of rights if you only have the first amendment. If it’s lacking the 2nd,3rd,4th etc. it’s not the bill of rights. If you only had the 5th amendment - the right to remain silent, but didn’t have the first - freedom of speech, then you are missing some of the most important parts that make us a free country. If we didn’t have the 2nd - right to keep and bear arms, then how long would it take for our country to begin to look like china? Do you see where I’m getting at? It’s NOT an APBT if it’s not bred according to standard. The amstaff is NOT an APBT because it’s missing the performance side of the breed. Just as MOST of the modern day game dogs are NOT APBTs because they are missing the stability side. It’s something different than it was at the begging of its origination. Families owned these dogs. Colby was selling these dogs to families. All game dogs. But they had the Amstaff side as well as the bulldog side. MAKE APBTS GREAT AGAIN!! Someone out here has to have the drive and determination to inform themselves on the BREED STANDARD and to turn this boat around. Where are the professionals. We gotta do better folks. BSL is coming if you keep breeding these menace to society dogs. I know in some of your yards you have to have good dogs that are according to the real standard. Capture those traits in your bloodline and breed for nothing less than that. I would most definitely buy a puppy from such a dogman. But you cannot call yourself a dogman if you can’t understand the most basic thing about the breed in which you’re breeding. THE BREED STANDARD!!! It’s that simple

3. snk88

snk88 Pup

I’ve already posted it

4. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Re post it please. If not can you tell me what standard are you talking about?

5. snk88

snk88 Pup

Again, you have to resort to immaturity and bashing because you have no argument. Very weak. I did that too when I was like 8. If you have any facts to show me that I’m wrong I’m all ears. But I know you don’t. So you can keep doing what you do best. But the adults are trying to talk here so you may want to sit down

6. snk88

snk88 Pup

Google - American Pitbull Terrier Temperament

7. snk88

snk88 Pup

8. snk88

snk88 Pup

9. snk88

snk88 Pup

You see, this is not my opinion. This is what I want people to realize. If you’re breeding a menace, you’re not breeding a true APBT. You are rightly so focusing on performance or in some cases what you think is performance but isn’t. A real APBT is an all around AMAZING ANIMAL. But you’d have to understand the breed standard. Not hearing it from an uneducated so called dog man who has had false info passed down from generation to generation. I should t know more about these dogs than the people breeding them. This is not acceptable. We’ve gotta do better guys. Don’t have to give me any credit but listen to what I’m saying and do better. It will take decades of doing things right to consistently produce real APBTs. But it’s possible with the right guy. Who has just as much drive, will and determination as these dogs have. Someone who has the tenacity to do this will have my respect and is worthy to be called a real dogman. I’d spend anything to have the real deal APBT. That’s all bulldog, but that’s also stable loving and friendly. Where the real dogman at? Please stand up

10. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

That is only a confirmation show standard. Hardly any standard Ralph would stand on a hill and die on. The akc,ukc and xyz have there confirmation standard as well. I am willing to bet that you have never talked to a adba judge lol. This is exactly why you are not understanding the dogs. The registry doesn't define what the " standard" is the people who are keeping the dog's alive set that standard. Ms. America doesn't set the standard for women. And what you are spouting off about is total nonsense.
    It's folks like you who ruin the dogs. Too lazy to actually get out and do the work and relying on internet for experience. Your soapbox is built on broken legs.

che and Elmo Vee like this.
  11. snk88

snk88 Pup

So google the American Pitbull Terrier temperament. You’re saying you’re right and that’s wrong? I show you the ADBA standard for the APBT. And you’re saying you’re right and they’re wrong? Which registry are game dogs registered with? Is it not the ADBA? So with your logic, the ADBA is wrong, google is wrong, all the books I’ve read are wrong, I am wrong and you’re right. Can you show me something that proves your claim to be right? You are arguing with me that APBTs are ok to be man bitters. Can you show me in the standard or a book where someone knows more than you, or a game dog registry, where it says that this is ok to be part of the breed? I’ll wait. Or is it that you are just wrong? How could the ADBA breed standard be wrong? How could a simple google search of the breed standard be wrong? How could Richard Stanton, the breed historian be wrong, and you somehow be right? Are you really that ignorant? Or are you emotionally attached to the argument. Again, show me a reputable source of information where it says these things are ok and part of the breed standard. I’ve listed MULTIPLE reputable, factual, historical sources. Where I’ve gotten all my information from. I’ve study this breed very intensely. That’s why I’m so passionate about it. Again, show me a source other than your own opinion. I’ll wait

12. snk88

snk88 Pup

Stratton*

13. snk88

snk88 Pup

http://www.apdrdogs.com/american-pit-bull-terrier.html Again, another registry. Specifically saying, and I quote “The demeanor should be fearless and bold, but the temperament MUST be totally reliable with people”
    Where did they get this from? Again, another quote - We at APDR consulted with various veteran dogmen in arriving at our standard for conformation but would like to specifically thank James Crenshaw, Richard Stratton, Floyd Boudreaux, and Bert Sorrell for their contributions.

14. snk88

snk88 Pup

I highly recommend reading Richard Stranttons books. Being a historian of the breed, which is a well known fact and can also be googled, he wrote a couple really good and informative books on the REAL APBT. Not what some of you are talking about and defending. Again, not my words, words from a historian of the breed. Buy his books and read them and then see if you feel the same. You won’t. Because the REAL APBT is a stable human friendly dog. All warrior, all gladiator, all bulldog, but stable friendly and loving towards humans. If you don’t have both sides of that spectrum, you’ve bred a different breed than a real APBT.

15. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

My man you literally have absolutely no argument. I have adba papers that go back to 1988 with my name on them. The only thing that you can say is that you can Google your information. I been to the building in Salt Lake and have actually known folks that have been judging their shows. I have scooped more shit and walked these dogs probably longer than you been alive. Forgot more about the dogs than you will know. So in truth you really don't have a leg to stand on.

Pollo likes this.
  16. snk88

snk88 Pup

I’ll add to some of your defense, I know on
    Im not agreeing or disagreeing with you on the fact that you may or may not be involved in APBT type dogs. What I am saying, and what I am still waiting for you to discredit me on, is the FACT that APBTs that bite their owners or are unstable in ANY way towards humans, are not traits within the BREED STANDARD. And in EVERY WAY SHAPE AND FORM IT IS NOT A DOG THAT SHOULD BE BRED INTO YOUR BLOOLINE. By doing so you are locking in faulty traits into the breed - hence ruining a bloodline and making a dog that is AWAY from the REAL APBT STANDARD. How can you argue this? My only conclusion is you simply don’t know enough about what these dogs are suppose to be (the standard) and a lot of you fake, self proclaimed dogman are breeding a different animal. You should give your dogs another name. Because if it’s within YOUR CONCEIVED STANDARD and not matching the real APBT standard then it’s something else. Just like the amstaff. Just because you have dogs going way back in pedigree doesn’t mean squat. So do amstaff breeders. So do showline gsd breeders are they the same dog? No they aren’t.

17. snk88

snk88 Pup

I’m still waiting for you to discredit me. Not with your opinion. But with actual facts from reputable sources . I’m waiting

18. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

You don't have any facts. You have Google and your police ass daddy. You have Google I have years of hands on experience with these animals.

Idk anyone who'd sell you a pup. Plenty that would smack your teeth out your mouth the second you open it though.

19. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

The man who wrote that standard had dogs that would bite to be let go of in the corner. I know that for a fact because I know someone who was regularly at his yard... again facts not Google

20. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Being in all I've given plenty of facts I will indulge a few more. Jcshaw, buckshot, floyd all have been judge at one point in time. All have had known " man biters" on the yard. All 3 of them guys bred to those dogs. Here is more facts. The dogs you’re original post about rbj stuff is also based off known " man biters " who in turn were bred. So by you’re logic and lack of knowledge you’re interested in those same week minded unstable genetics. Do you see the hypocrisy ?