1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Sorrel Dogs

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by DS_Lady, Oct 26, 2006.

1. JanneM

JanneM Big Dog

Thanks SPF.
    Can you tell us more about the difference...?

2. SPFDOGS

SPFDOGS Guest

Mr. Sorrells is a dogman from the oldschool..He is honest,has integrity,and also has more knowledge regarding the APBT than most people on this planet..
    His ex wife (Tatonka Knls) has ties to Diane Jessup (read the latest issue of the gazette)..That should about sum it up..

3. cheese

cheese Top Dog

Some would argue that Joanie ran the yard when it was in its prime. I dont own any sorrells dogs but i have heard good about both kennels. There are people on gd that own dogs from both kennels. Do a search and find out who they are and ask them;)

4. OnionHead

OnionHead Big Dog

I have notice it seems most sorrell line dogs are big is that true?

5. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

Joanie is the someone that would argue she ran the show when she was married to Bert.

Diane Jessup is Joanies close friend, Diane somehow "saved" some of the Patrick dogs that were being held and is now the owner of them.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2008
  6. OnionHead

OnionHead Big Dog

So is it true most of the sorrell dogs are catch weight?

7. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Top Dog

Depends the ones we have males are 38,35 females are 25,30,27. We have one Sorrells cross and he is a big boy about 60.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2008
  8. ManiacKennel

ManiacKennel Big Dog

well i will say i have never owned this bloodline or know a huge amount of knowlege about them but i do know i read up alot info and was gonna get one these dogs and called bert he was rude but he sounded in real bad shape i have heard the only good sorrells dogs left are at tatonka kennels as for the blk and tan thing a huge amont berts old dogs were tri colored his new line of dogs now does look a lil big not sure if that is the pics of his dogs are really big now i havent went to his site in awhile i will have to check it anyway i heard they cross real well with eli lonzo colby and carver lines and either way i decided not to get one i would probly breed to one or get one as a gift bert sounded like he was all about the money though jmo

9. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

like you said you have never owned and lack knowledge, especially being negative towards such a prevalent and hall of fame dogmen

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2008
  10. Some of her Joanie's dogs are catch weight but I surely wouldn't call them "mostly" catch weight. My little bitch from her is right around 35lbs and her dam is 42. I think she has said Ankh is 50 but most of her bitches are between 35 and 45lbs She has 2 big males right now (50 and 55lbs) but in the past she has had smaller dogs. Burt on the other hand I have been told that all but maybe one or two of the dogs he has left are catch weight.

I have tried to contact Burt in the past with no luck as of yet. I really enjoy my little bitch from Joanie. We talked for several years before I ended up deciding on a dog so she is not all about the money.

11. JanneM

JanneM Big Dog

THe discussion in here is really good and I see how there is emotions involved as well. We are talking about dogs owned by ex couple.

I still havent read anything about the difference in breeding betwean Bert and Joanie today. There was Diane Jessup mentioned and I donät understund how frienship between Diane and Joanie is any arguement of her breeding.

OH and by the way. I looked Berts pagegs again and found some more pictures and there was more black and tan dogs. So difference in those colours is not relevant... :) I also red the black and tan article from Haynes page and it was really good.

12. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

The difference mainly is that Bert crosses Redboy in his and Joanie crosses Carver (Banjo) in hers. They each have their own preferences in which way they want to take. We have dogs down from Tatonka. And we are satisfied with them.

13. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

[​IMG]

This is my 16month old male. He is 49lbs and was the biggest pup in the litter. He should put on a couple more pounds of muscle but he won't be huge. He came from Tatonka and I couldn't be happier. He was way more than I expected.

As for the Jessup issue; I don't agree with it but it's a great way to ensure your yard is safe.

14. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

Joanie owned dogs before she met Bert one off Zebo actually...ate lunch with Floyd and met Mr Carver in the late 70's....done more good for the dogs than many of you out there. She isn't buds with Jessup...just knows she has been obeidience training dogs since the 60's and her favorite dog was from Joanie and Bert many years ago. Joanie is very smart she is years ahead on many things...she has been working on good citizen certing her dogs so there is less of a shot of getting dogs taken from her if sh!t hit the fan. Pat's dogs aren't dead atleast....the dogs she got from Joaine are doing what she needs to do from her why would she go get Pat's dogs makes no sense she doesn't breed dogs and is sold on the Sorrell's line.

15. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

Diane Jessup DOES have the dogs and is the enemy

and you are correct Bert isnt the first dogman Joanie was involved with

16. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

opinions are like as@ holes we all got em. I don't like Jessup but nothing wrong wrong with having your dogs good citizen certified so you can have something to show the HSUS when they come to your house to take a look. It is smart.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2008
  17. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

yeah nothing wrong working with the enemy, especially in the bulldog world.

Interviewing them in the Gazette rag

throwing their names in full page kennel ads, using them for reference and boasting about working with them

standing behind them when they take your friends dogs/LIFE away

yeah its all good, unity with the enemy

Diane Jessup info

http://www.registerofmerit.com/forums/scratch-line/11913-web-site.html

Diane Jessup, Tatonka Joanie, Patricks

http://www.registerofmerit.com/forums/bolio-tombstone/10774-patrick-yard-raided-6.html

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2008
  18. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

Dianne Jessup does breed dogs. A member here has a dog from her kennel.

19. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

That may or may not be true. However that does not take away her eye for what works with these dogs.

20. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

I have a dog from Jessup, which she gave to me. There are plenty of things to blast Jessup for but just don't make stuff up and lie about her.

Yes, she has worked with Joanie (the dam of the dog I have is from Joanie's yard)

She is very outspoken against dogfighting. Why? Because she is a PUBLIC figure. Its obvious some here haven't figured it out yet but dogfighting is VERY unpopular among normal, law abiding people. It is viewed right up there with child rape by most law abiding people. Jessup thinks that to survive the breed needs a LEGAL public face.

The reason she talked with the HSUS (which I strongly disagreed with and happened AFTER I got a dog from her) was to get them to agree that not all bust dogs should be killed. Their public stance had been that ALL dogs seized in fight bust should be euthanized.

She had NOTHING to do with the Patrick bust EXCEPT that she saved a few of the dogs off his yard. They are NOT being bred, unless she lied to me about her breeding plans which I doubt.

I agree with her that the breed needs a legal "face". If pitbulls are perceived as "just for fighting" by the general, law abiding, voting public then the breed will be completely outlawed and no one will have any sympathy about it.

I can see plenty of reasons that people dislike Diane, including some on this board for legitimate personal reasons. She is, IMO unnessacarily fond of poking people in the eye, so to speak.

But its really hard to argue with innuendo and false rumors and outright lies. All the help Joanie gave her was before Diane talked with the HSUS. I think talking with them was a mistake and I told her so.

Diane is the only person I know of to train a gameline pitbull (a Sorrells dog named Dirk) to a very high obedience title. That is great breed PR and since Dirk is a Sorrells dog I would guess thats why Joanie helped her. Diane is using the dogs from her breeding program for Lawdogs as well as placing some.

There is a lot of misinformation around about Diane so when you hear stuff about her remember that a LOT of it is just pure BS.

Some isn't but she's never been particuarly shy so just check her site. Lots of people lately have just been pulling stuff out of their ass so I thought I'd post something.

A lot will hate her for having talked to the HSUS and I understand about that. I was pretty disgusted by it myself. But make sure what you hate her for is something that she has actualy done.

And don't bash Joanie for it, she had NOTHING to do with that.