1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

sore on lower leg

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by widerange, Mar 9, 2012.

1. widerange

widerange Big Dog

this is something that came up on my dogs leg the other day. i have never seen it on one before but have been treating it as a wound. after reading some stuff the other day i started to worry that it was a sign of worms or some other health probelm just wondering if anyone has dealt with some with like this before and if so what did you do to help it. this is a picture of his lower leg right at the joint above his paw

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=419500

2. hickadan

hickadan Pup

could be staff infection..nu-stock should clear it up..course a vet will suggest antibiotics,ive alyays had luck w 1 or 2 cc's of penicillin

3. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

kinda looks like a pressure sore. what kind of surface does he stay on? also, do you notice him licking it a lot?

4. widerange

widerange Big Dog

It stays on chain spot on the ground. Really it's like he doesn't know it's there doesn't favorite it or notice it's there at all

5. Bronxdog

Bronxdog Pup

I know how much vets cost, but if you don't get a good result from a remedy on this thread (I use remedies quite often myself), I then believe you should follow hickadan's advice and try to spring for a vet. The reason is, it looks pretty rough already and sometimes the fact that he doesn't lick it and it doesn't hurt could be a sign of a more dangerous bacteria.
    I am not an alarmist, and I use remedies quite often, but don't wait too long. Best wishes for your pooch.

6. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

It's a pressure sore, my dogs have gotten them before. With a little treatment they disappear completely. Antibiotic ointment a couple times a week and put more bedding in his dog house.