1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Something similar to Virgil blood?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by daisymason, Jul 10, 2023.

1. Almost got another dog recently but it fell through. Will probably wait until the first of the year to get another dog now.

Saw a Virgil dog around the early 2000s named uno, out of va. Would have loved to have a pup from him. He seemed very civil until he had to be otherwise, including with other dogs (from what I could tell). I had read Virgil was civil with other dogs unless he had to be otherwise.

Curious if other lines nowadays are consistently throwing dogs like that?

The older I get the more I want that

2. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Things work out. If you got one from that guy with Uno you had very little chance to know what you actually owned. He hoo-doo'ed as many as any one else eve did in these dogs.

The Uno dog was a good dog when he got him and came from a solid group. His weight was exaggerated like he did with all his dogs.

I would venture to say Uno was not as good with other dogs as Virgil. I saw Virgil ride around in the back of a Gator while feeding other dogs. They were hanging on the end of the chain an he did not have a care in the world. I thought it was pretty neat.

I am not sure a 'line' is really known for it but more it is individual dogs within a line.

We had several dogs off Virgil and never seen anything that resembled civility.

S

3. ELP

ELP Pup

I heard a story from back in the day that Ch. Bad Billy would follow his owner when he was feeding, Billy would avoid all the dogs on their chain space. But was a totally different animal when he hunted.

4. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Know a lady who had heavy Virgil dogs. Never saw a civil one ever. Saw some good ones but no civil ones....