1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

SLAT MILL AND CARPET MILL 4 SALE..see pics!

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by RPmillmaker, Jan 16, 2006.

1. SLATMILL & CARPETMILL 4 SALE..see videos,pics,& shipping rates

[​IMG]

SLATMILL: $475 USD
    CARPETMILL: $325 USD

FOR MORE QUERIES EMAIL ME OR VISIT http://millmaker.proboards50.com

SHIPPING RATES (U.S./EURO) *SEA FREIGHT*(CLICK ATTACHMENT)

VIDEOS OF MILLS ALSO AVAILABLE (CLICK ATTACHMENTS)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2006
  2. Nice mill and great price to bad they are in the phillipines.. It cost 200 to ship them in north america, i can imagine what it would cost to ship from there.. But Anyway good job

3. RIVES PITS

RIVES PITS Top Dog

I Was Thinking The Same Thing Cost = To Much To Buy From Out Of Country

4. The price is great and they "look" very nice. If you add price and shipping they come out costing (receiving in NY) me $775.....that is not bad at all. Shipping to Texas is around $300, again, not bad at all (considering that shipping within the US is around $200)! The bad part about it all is that it will take between 20 days to a month to receive. Other aspects to consider before purchasing a mill are: materials used in construction, experience of the maker, alternative vendor for "spare parts", etc.(Note: Philipines is a great place to be a Dogman!).

Please note I am seeking to buy a mill but will not buy hastily.

Regards,

5. Sir,

I have shipped to different countries,namely guam,kuwait,portugal and US

spare parts are also available

mill specs:
    1 1/2 square tubing
    alloy mainwheels (dual bearing)
    roller skates (dual bearing)

Kind Regards
    millmaker

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2006
  6. SFK

SFK Top Dog

How many turns do you get on that slatmill? It looks very nice. I'm just curious as to how free-spinning it is. Also, it appears to be on in-line skate wheels. If so, that's a great price for the mill. Even with shipping it's cheaper then any I've seen for sale in the US on skate wheels. Good job.

7. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

houston is now a country lmao. sorry i just thought that was funny.
    Great looking mills. Prices are good too.

8. eligater

eligater Pup

what prise r the main alloy wheels might be interested if price is right

9. Millmaker I like your respectful ways! Here are a few questions that will assist you and prospective buyers come together quicker:

What are the slats made of?

What type of wood are you using? How are you sealing them?

How many rows of wheels?

What type of belt system are you using?

What is the mills design?

Are the mills painted or powder coated?

Will it turn with a one finger push? How many times?

Does your mill have a breaking system?

It would be ideal if you can clarify the price together with the specifications. You will save yourself some time repeatedly giving the same answers.

Thanks!

10. sy82nj

sy82nj Top Dog

man those mills look good turn smooth from what i can tell from the video. and the price are great. considering what a new mill in the states start off at. just wish the shipping time was shorter.

11. sir,

mill specs:

FRAME: 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 square tubing
    ROLLERS: ROLLER SKATES (dual bearing) 42 rollers both sides
    MAINWHEEL: alloy mainwheel (dual bearing)
    SLATS: kiln dry wood (varnish sealed and clear gloss top coat)
    BELT: 2 1/2 x 3 ply korea belt
    PAINT: lacquer finish with top coat
    REVOLUTION: 3 1/2 revs when new,4 1/2 -5 revs used (see video)
    BEARINGS: sealed bearings

kind regards
    millmaker

12. SFK

SFK Top Dog

4 1/2 to 5 revs is pretty good. Do you lubricate the mains? The ones we build are on metal rollers, which sound like freight trains! But I've got one that will turn 11 times & 1 that will turn 8.

13. sir,

if i use pvc belt and steel rollers i can make the mills turn 10+ times,but you have to deal with a lot of noise

kind regards
    millmaker

14. Gosh i get tired of hearing the same question about mills.. How many times does it turn or go around? This is a ratio of corner wheel and belt length and really doesnt have much to do with freespinning, I mean it does have some to do with it to a point but not as much as you would think. All mills created equal (which we know they are not) are pretty much the same, Once a animal has set the belt in motion the resistance is minimal at most (given the fact that the mills were at least created with some degree of quality) if even measurable at all. There are only a small handful for differences in mills regardless of how they look and bells and whistles and such, I have only seen 3 differant variations of roller wheels in 12 years or so of building mills, Roller skate or skateboard wheels -rubber, Steel skate wheels and inline skate wheels. For corner wheels i have seen yet again maybe 3 variations, Split rims, go cart rims, wagon wheels, lawn mower wheels. So yet even again most mills are created somewhat equal. To make a longer story as short as possible, Most mills in this day will get your animal in the pretty much the same condition. A mill that spins around 7 times and one that spins around 12 or 13 times will put the two animals in remotely the same shape. I doubt you could measure the difference in the 2 as far as physical shape would go given they were using the same keep. So all in all choose a mill that fits your style and type of dogs you have small, large, wide, narrow what ever works for you. Find someone making what you like and go with that, dont make this a real difficult decision, And by all means dont let someone talk you in to buying something by downing someone elses product, There isnt any fairy dust or magic that goes in to these, just good workmanship that is true and plumb and a belt that goes in a circle. Thats it, thats as complicated as it gets, Only thing i would try to do when buying a mill is buy one close so you dont have to deal with the airline or freight company and you can drive to where your product is made and see the quality and get replacment parts readily.Alot of people would have you believe there is some secret or trick to building mills, In short, there isnt any trick or secret, they all do the same thing as long as the belt turns freely and smooth, Not how many times they can get it to go around in a circle, Now when i say freely i mean with out binding or major resistance, just easy turning, now dont try to analyze that and make that statement difficult or complicated, take it for what it is from somone who knows. There will be people that want to argue with what i have said so use your best judgement and dont fall for a bunch of smoke and mirrors sales tactics. Good luck with your decision and god bless.

15. SFK

SFK Top Dog

You forgot to mention that slat width & material also belt material have a lot to do with the number of free-spinning revolutions of a mill. I asked the question because I like an extermely free-spinning mill. If I'm trying to put strength in a dog, I've got other ways of doing that. When I have one on the mill I want as little restriction as possible.

16. As i said there would be people that will argue my point, my most recent post hasnt been up more than a few hours and we are already trying to complicate it again with slat width, slat material and belt material.. Keep it simple.. slight variances make little difference in the big picture of your finished product

17. SFK

SFK Top Dog

LOL! We are'nt trying to complicate anything! But I've noticed a large difference when using 1" pine slats compared to 2" hardwood etc. You're right it's all about personal preference. The ones we've thrown together are holding up pretty good. So I guess I'll leave it at that.

18. How Much Money To Ship To Okinawa, Japan Zip Code 96367

19. mikem

mikem Pup

i want one but cant contact him

20. I agree...however I think he sells good stuff to a really fair price. Enough said.