1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Skull dogs? Anyone having success with this line?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by 21 dre, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

either that or takin a whole litter SBK.

2. bucky23

bucky23 Pup

who has some good ones looking for this blood line all help would be much appreciated

3. I have dogs that are down from Skull, Badger and the black pet bull Llantas. My dogs carry a cross with some Heinzl blood and my latest litter crossed with a Mayfield dog.

In our dogs we are getting a high percent of game dogs per litter but only around 60-70% of them are deemed competitive. Other than that I can only say that even when we lose we give them an hour of pure hell and when we leave they know we were there.

4. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

man thats good odds, Real good!! you are seasoned you know that, hell I am HAPPY if I get 7 real good dogs out of 10. Ill take it!!! allday! I have seen and had all good litters but not ofter I have only seen 5 litters where All of them were out standing I wouldnt change a thing type dogs. But 7 of 10 is REAL do able for me Hell worms gotta eat to I guess.

5. Mone34

Mone34 Pup

I was it impressed neither!

6. Steeldog

Steeldog Big Dog

I have no doubt about having success with him.

ONLINE PEDIGREES - Access Denied

Maverick, Sixbit, Toby. He's a young early starter, lots of prey drive. Really looking forward to seeing him in his prime.

7. Trip I think I may not have been clear enough about the percentages. What I meant was that in my litters so far I have had a good percent of game dogs and within those that were game, a bit more than half of them were also competitive with our competition.
    Using your example, in a litter of 10 if 8 prove to be game then maybe 5 or 6 of those are also competitive.

8. 805tony

805tony Big Dog

You got your program locked in Gringopistolero your hard work and strict beliefs are paying off for your team..

9. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Still good numbers gringo

10. 21 dre

21 dre Big Dog

Damn good!!!!

11. Competitive does not mean that they win, only that they are able to be given a chance to compete because we feel they possess enough good qualities. We win and lose as much as anyone else here, it's all part of the game.
    Our dogs are no better or worse than others, they are however, honest.

12. tigerboy5

tigerboy5 Big Dog

Im with you gringo. An all game litter around here dosent mean an all box worth litter. I have to feel that the dog has enough tools to win before hes deemed box worthy.

13. Skull dogs are fine but much better when crossed and better percentages...(frisco or alligator as out)

14. Neno

Neno Pup

15. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

I have absolutely no authority on Skull dogs as i've only had one dog with him in the ped, but the one I had made it through schooling with flying colors then on his graduation day came up short. Im not saying there arent good Skull animals out there as im sure there are, but the one I had came from a working kennel off working stock and still wasnt worth his weight in food. He had ALL the tools to get it done except the most important one. All that said i'd still try and feed Skull dogs given the chance. I understand the individual doesnt make the line and the line doesnt make the individual. I mean how would you feel if you were judged as a man based on your father/grandfather,or greatgrandfathers merits as a man? This is JMO on the matter and like i said im no one.

Sampson1

16. bestia

bestia Big Dog

When good, they are as good as any. Only problem is they tend to be very destructive, hard keeping chain fighters. Mess up their teeth young and teach other hounds how to do the same thing. Not always but even when crossed the tendency is strong. This was a good one that was killed in a kennel accident, all gums and a very hard keeper.
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [436057] :: BLACKROCKS MIKE VICK

17. bounty

bounty Big Dog

DirtyBump how long do you think you should wait for these dogs?

18. D Game Butcher

D Game Butcher Big Dog

19. skratchr81

skratchr81 Big Dog

Been feedin em for a while now. Got some brood stock that I do my best to protect at all times. A lot of chain fighters and root chewers this is true but mostly in the really tight bred hounds. This blood crosses out well though. Glad I've been a part of somme very special breedings