1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

seperation anxiety???

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Gypsy, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Gypsy

Gypsy Pup

I have a dog who was stolen from us, now that we have her back she has seperation anxiety problems. If we leave her alone even for a few minutes she will destroy things. And when we come back she is so happy to see us. She was not like this before and this is a new problem for me ... any advice would be wonderful. ty

2. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Just wanted to say congratulations on gettin your dog back? One thought on the anxiety, maybe try leaving T.V. or radio on when gone, or something heavy with your scent. Might work?

3. CRG

CRG Top Dog

do you crate her. my dog was like that when i first brought him inside. i could leave the room for a couple minutes and he would tear shit up. started putting him in his crate anytime i was not around. i guess he hated the crate so much he changed his ways. no more problems. hope this helps

4. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

Sounds exactly like my Bud Crusher bitch.... I HAVE to crate her when I leave, or even just go outside... She will tear anything and everything to bits... When she is in her crate, she drools buckets and buckets, and chews on the wire.... she chewed through her plastic pet taxi when she was 10 weeks old... bites through leashes.... the only thing that I have found that works is the crate....
    GOOD LUCK!!!!
    I know how hard it is!!!!

5. ninermiko

ninermiko Pup

I have a boy who reacted the same way! It finally got so bad, that I couldn't get him in the crate, as he would wrap his front paws around my leg and I would have to drag him by my leg to the fridge to get a squeeze bottle of ice water, which would shock him to release. My boy weighs over half my weight, so this became a problem. I finally started to crate him when I was home, and leave him while I went outside and listened. When the rucus stopped for 10 min. I would return and eventually let him out with me! It took a while, but he learned I would always come back, and once he felt confident of this, I would do the same thing leaving the crate open.Since I was outside he learned quickly if he started to destroy anything he was back in the crate until I returned. Hope this helps...It does take patience, but was worth the effort!
    [/QUOTE]

6. Gypsy

Gypsy Pup

Thank you all for the advice. I'll try some of these things out on her to see if there's any improvement. Something will eventually work i hope lol. Thanks again !!!