1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Screaming bulldog

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by quinny, Sep 14, 2010.

1. quinny

quinny Big Dog

Couldn't care less he is a screamer... But... Im a mad keen fisho. Have been since about 4yr old! The one thing I hate about my dog is he stays behind on fishing trips. He ruined the fuck out of one of my telica game reels when I wasn't looking. It took me a few trips to figure out why he hates fishing. Everytime we "used" to go out he would scream his head off at my rods, and reels when the drag kicked in. He got introduced to the flirt pole a few months back (it was a beach rod inside pvc pipe, with cow hide attached). Now if I take him fishing he thinks it's flirt time just because im holding a rod, Once I managed to calm him down and bait up. It didn't last, he goes nuts as soon as i cast and wants to chase the bait attached to the end of what he thinks is a flirt pole! Ahhh its a nightmare. He screams at my rods tackle box and reels as soon as I touch them! If he gets anywhere near them they're destroyed pronto! Little bugger has cost me over $1000 in kit! I figure he probably thinks I'm attaching food to his flirt pole and throwing it away in the water. hahaha! I'd love a fishing worthy bulldog! Not really looking for any methods to train him out of it, he just gets left behind these days. Just thought I'd share.

2. Ausdog

Ausdog Pup

hehehe mine does it too thats why i tie her up away from the gear...when i got the rod in my hands she drops and waits to pounch and as soon as i swing the rod and cast and it makes the sound she goes nuts till the line hits the water then its back to normal till the next cast. pretty funny to watch.

3. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Had one when i was a kid who would go in and get whatever was on the line. Would try to scale em for you too lol, they scraped it like when they are diggin a whole in the ground. Fish scales flyin everywhere, god i miss that dog:(

4. quinny

quinny Big Dog

Yeh I've let him do his magic on a few salmon off the beach but there isn't much left of them when he's done. :D
    He just hates me fishing, Non stop insanity from him whenever we're out on a fish.

5. popper

popper CH Dog

if he is screaming , that mean he likes you fishing .. he just wants to swim after it

6. LMAO. I've got one like that too. Goes berserk whenever a fishing pole appears to the point we can't take her in the boat anymore. Leaps in the air trying to snatch the lure out of the air on the back cast and I'm afraid I'm going to "catch" her one day. She's already leaped clean out of the boat a couple of times in pursuit. Funny and annoying at the same time.

7. Poisoned

Poisoned Big Dog

My GSD does that when I crab... It's freaking awful. He will actually pull the lines up himself he wants the crabs/bait so bad. I tie him up out of reach and tell him to shut up a lot :lol: